Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 5, offical thread

Spaceman Spiff

How do they appear in the Kill Cam when it happens? I didn't know anything about this loophole, but will def check it out for non-cheating reasons. Trust me I earn my 5-6 kills a game :laugh:

the kill cam looks funky. mostly white, looking up through bits of ground.

i'm pretty sure it got fixed w/ the patch they put out a week or two ago. i got red ring of death'd, my xbox is on it's way back from texas.

shut your mouth!!

how do you do it?

my roommate and i get to 15 and were done. even with the laser.

My roommate and I got to Level 23 without using glitches.

Here's what we do. For the first 3 or 4 levels let the zombies come in and just either stab them or kill them with your pistol. By then you should have enough moolah to open up the "Help" door.

Go in there and get a shotty or a Thompson. And then try for a random. Eventually someone will get the flamethrower or the ray gun. What we do is one of us takes either of those. Then we both try for the heavy machine guns. We open up the upstairs in the Help room and back ourselves into a corner and let them come at us.

If you have the heavy machine guns you can rip through a pack of them easily. We alternate who uses the machine gun and who uses the flamethrower/ray gun that way if one has to reload we can switch over to the next weapon and cover for them.

i do every part of it but the backing in the corner of a room. i get that now and we will have to try it.

we were opening the help door, getting the double barrel and then he would stay in the first room by the help door and i would try to keep the help room clear and boarded up.

stupid game HATES giving me ray guns though...

i do every part of it but the backing in the corner of a room. i get that now and we will have to try it.

we were opening the help door, getting the double barrel and then he would stay in the first room by the help door and i would try to keep the help room clear and boarded up.

stupid game HATES giving me ray guns though...

We went through a stint of like 20 rounds where neither of us got anything at all. We kept getting bolt actions or semi-auto's.

One time we got to round 14 using only pump action shotty's. That was intense.

We went through a stint of like 20 rounds where neither of us got anything at all. We kept getting bolt actions or semi-auto's.

One time we got to round 14 using only pump action shotty's. That was intense.

The shotty is the best. I get the double and then the pump and I will just run around blasting everything.

the magnum is also pretty boss. one shot, one kill!!

The magnum is tuff.

But once you get to the heavier rounds it's useless. Too slow to fire and you only get 6 shots until you have to reload.

exaaaaaactly.

and some of those machine guns are so heavy you barely run any faster then you do walk. and take forever to reload too.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't bring myself to get WAW. Will wait for COD 6 to come out. I played COD 4 for about 3 hours today and had some epic matches. The other day I got 100 kills exactly and 48 deaths on Shipment. AK silenced/3 frags/Sonic Boom/Maryrdom.

I only play Domination, battling for flags is so much fun...and the amount of kills doesn't matter. Usually I go with the vanilla combo. AK silenced/3 frags/Stopping Power/Deep Impact...but will switch it up on the smaller maps.

COD 4 owns.

I have COD 3.

I guess I'm behind.

:puke: :puke:

:puke::puke: :puke:

:puke::puke::puke: :puke:

:puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke:

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

:puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke:

:puke::puke::puke: :puke:

:puke::puke: :puke:

:puke: :puke:

No amount of puking smilies could express my pure hatred and disgust towards that game. It's a skidmark on the underpants of the gaming world.

:puke:

who del -

we took your advice and went upstairs to that room. we hit level 20 but we seem to be stuck again. i think our problem is that we are shooting them before they come in the room and so the ammo boxes, bomb, etc show up out there where they all still are.

What's your Gamertag?

I'd love to shoot you, in a digital world of course :silly:

• 3 weeks later...

No 'Call of Duty' without 'Rules of War'

Dad tells son he must read the Geneva Conventions — and abide by them

By Kristin Kalning

Feb. 27, 2009

Evan Spencer wanted to play “Call of Duty: World at War.” So he asked his dad.

Hugh Spencer wasn’t initially thrilled about the idea of his son playing the World War II-based game. “I’ve never really enjoyed first-person shooter games,” he confesses. “They’re just not my favorite aesthetic.”

But the elder Spencer agreed to his son’s request, on one condition: Evan would have to read all four treaties from the Geneva Conventions first. And then, agree to play by those rules.

This story was posted on BoingBoing earlier this week, and it’s been picked up by the game blogs. Most commenters applaud Spencer’s novel approach. But some get downright juvenile and nasty, criticizing dad, questioning whether you can even play “Call of Duty” and abide by the Geneva Conventions — and writing mean things about his son. You know — typical Internet venom. Aimed at a 13-year-old kid.

Spencer the elder is taken aback by all the flaming. He certainly doesn’t expect his son to consult the written rules while he’s playing (he might get fragged, after all). But dad wanted his son to “be aware that there are things called rules of war.”

Click on the link for the full article

Archived