Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which company makes the best TV commercials?

Spaceman Spiff

I think it has to be Nike, IMO.

The latest one with Tomlinson and Polamalu done to "The Ecstasy of Gold" is great. Great piece of music done to a hip hop beat, tells a story...great shots, all around:

They picked another great piece of music with the Last of the Mohicans theme for the Merriman/Stephen Jackson commercial from last year:

Jordan's Failure:

And then the funny ones:

Money, it's gotta be da shoes!!

Bo Knows:

Maddux, Glavine, McGwire, Locklear, Longballs...

So does anyone do it better than Nike?

Definitely Toyota... "Saved by Zero...!"

:doh: I hate that damn commercial.

My favorite commercial (fixadent, or something similar) is the one where there are these 2 old people sitting in the back of a car. They kiss each other, and when they are finished, you can see that their dentures got switched during the kiss and they both look silly as hell. One has this really tiny pair of dentures in their mouth, and the other has this big pair. That commercial is so funny to me.

• 1 month later...

Geico is remarkable for having so radically different, signature ad campaigns running simultaneously. Most companies run one particular ad campaign for awhile, scrap it, and start anew with something different. But look at Geico. They're the company with the animated British-accented Gecko as a spokesman. And they're the "Even a Caveman Can Do It" company. AND they're the celebrities speak for the ordinary customer company. AND they're the "I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico" company. AND now they're the (really stupid, IMO) stack of money with the goo-goo eyes company.

They run all of these at the same time. I can't think of any company that has such a varied, simultaneous marketing approach to television advertising.

Geico is remarkable for having so radically different, signature ad campaigns running simultaneously. Most companies run one particular ad campaign for awhile, scrap it, and start anew with something different. But look at Geico. They're the company with the animated British-accented Gecko as a spokesman. And they're the "Even a Caveman Can Do It" company. AND they're the celebrities speak for the ordinary customer company. AND they're the "I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico" company. AND now they're the (really stupid, IMO) stack of money with the goo-goo eyes company.

They run all of these at the same time. I can't think of any company that has such a varied, simultaneous marketing approach to television advertising.

"what a CLEV-A creature..":)

I think it has to be Nike, IMO.

Other Nike classics:

The Joe Namath comeback.

The Dennis Hopper referee.

Another contender: Budweiser.

"They always do that?" "Nah. They usually go for two."

The young clydesdale pulling the wagon out of the barn. (With two adults pushing it from behind.)

Leon

Archived