Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deactivate Taylor for the Steelers Game

method man

The bottom line is this: to stop the Steelers, you need to stop that running attack of theirs. To do that, you have to have Demetric Evans out there, not a hobbled JT. Yes, the Steelers' OLine is sucking at pass blocking, but I bet, even with that, our pass rush is not sufficient enough to get a ton of sacks. Furthermore, Roethlisberger excels in the face of pressure. I feel that if this defense focuses on stopping Willie Parker/Mewelde Moore, we can choke off the lifeblood of this Pittsburgh offense and win this game given a good offensive showing.

Oh dear God. I swear you would think that wee lost today.

I am going to trust the coaches to do what they think is right with JT. He knows what he can do, they clearly want him on the field for some reason. They are not going to just put him out there "just 'cause."

For God's sake. He's playing through injury to try and help the team best he can, and he was double teamed a good bit of the day. Let it go.

The bottom line is this: to stop the Steelers, you need to stop that running attack of theirs. To do that, you have to have Demetric Evans out there, not a hobbled JT. Yes, the Steelers' OLine is sucking at pass blocking, but I bet, even with that, our pass rush is not sufficient enough to get a ton of sacks. Furthermore, Roethlisberger excels in the face of pressure. I feel that if this defense focuses on stopping Willie Parker/Mewelde Moore, we can choke off the lifeblood of this Pittsburgh offense and win this game given a good offensive showing.

I agree to sit Taylor. He can't contribute right now. He knows it too.

JT is playing banged up but he's a good veteran to have in the game. He may not be in the QB's face all day but he's recognizing PA roll outs and sniffing out screen passes. He's limiting big plays! Let the man play if he's able to. IMO

JT is not really helping us out there. I'd rather have Evans and rotate Jackson and Wilson.

Whatever happened to James?

He was out there...one of those back to back penalties near when the Lions had the ball deep in their own end was on their RT for holding James.

One thing I saw the Steelers do a lot is take shots down the field...they were getting big points and huge chunks of yards with Big Ben just throwing it downfield (their recievers looked pretty quick too)

anyways I think we will be able to take that away from them, hopefully horton is back (dont see why he wouldnt) and with our cb's I think we will be able to take that part of the game away from them

edit: I look forward to hines ward vs. los those are two physical players and it should be interesting

I completely agree with this. I don't see any reason why we would continue to play someone who is admittedly far less than 100%.

I agree, especially since we have some talent at the DE position. Sit him until healthy. We got a good chance of making the playoffs. Bringing in a HEALTHY Jason Taylor into the playoffs could be big......

Oh dear God. I swear you would think that wee lost today.

I am going to trust the coaches to do what they think is right with JT. He knows what he can do, they clearly want him on the field for some reason. They are not going to just put him out there "just 'cause."

For God's sake. He's playing through injury to try and help the team best he can, and he was double teamed a good bit of the day. Let it go.

First of all, what does this discusion have to do with us winning yesterday?:doh:

And secondly, did you read the article where JT said himself that he is having problems turning corners and has therefore been unable to get to the QB? Fans wanting their football team to bench a player who has been injured and who has shown an inability to produce at at least his back ups level, is not so unusual.

Archived