Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis has 818 yards after just seven games.(Merged)

Zen-like Todd

i'm glad i saw your post, I was just about to start a thread on this.... and to imagine that he could have 1000 yards in two weeks.

If Zorn runs him next week at Detroit like he did today, he'll have 1000 next week. I can still see CP breaking 2000 this season.

1. Where are the "Betts can do everything Clinton can" haters?

2. I'm sure Andy Pollin and Riggo are hating...STILL. I emailed Andy about his criticism of CP last week, and he said (exact quote):

"if you're going to blow off training camp and defy rules like

wearing ridiculous socks with your uniform (that's why it's called a UNIform) and perform his halloween act with the media (to be fair he hasn't done it this year), then you had better be good enough to put a team on your back and win a super bowl. So far i haven't seen that from the attention-starved portis. when he does i think he earns the right to carry on about his business the way he has without being criticized.

if you are a public figure like portis...you are to be judged

in your entirety....not just from the number of yards you gain."

3. CP is THE MAN AND THE MAN NEXT TO THE MAN.

The fumble was bad, but considering we wouldn't have had an offense tonight without him, gotta give CP credit for the win.

Exactly. People like to ignore everything else he did the entire game and just focus on the fumble. Every once in a while a defender will make a great play. Portis made a great play to get to where he fumbled it at and it would have been a really nice gain, but the defender just made a better play.

Exactly. People like to ignore everything else he did the entire game and just focus on the fumble. Every once in a while a defender will make a great play. Portis made a great play to get to where he fumbled it at and it would have been a really nice gain, but the defender just made a better play.

4 real! the man played his tail off and just got caught from behind from a smart defender. We still won the game, so it's a non-issue.

CP for President!

Exactly. This fumble was NOT not on Portis, that defender hammered that ball from behind - it is like that fumble from Cooley last week where the defender put his head right on the ball - a player can't control what is not seen.

Archived