Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis has 818 yards after just seven games.(Merged)

Zen-like Todd

I don't think that is true. I thought he was complimentary on the last Redskins Report.

Go CP!!! :applause:

No, it was very true.

First words out of his mouth in the postgame show was essentially this:

"Portis had big numbers but the offensive line has been opening some huge holes. Portis may get credit for a little of it but most of the credit goes to the Oline"

He's done nothing but diminish Portis' accomplishments since CP has gotten here.

If the Skins struggle to run, it's CP's fault. When the Skins are tearing up the league, it's all on the line and little to do with CP.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that moment next season when Clinton Portis becomes the all time leading rusher in Redskins history.

No, it was very true.

"Portis had big numbers but the offensive line has been opening some huge holes. Portis may get credit for a little of it but most of the credit goes to the Oline"

He's done nothing but diminish Portis' accomplishments since CP has gotten here.

Yeah, just imagine what Riggo could have done if he'd had a good OL.

No, it was very true.

If the Skins struggle to run, it's CP's fault. When the Skins are tearing up the league, it's all on the line and little to do with CP.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that moment next season when Clinton Portis becomes the all time leading rusher in Redskins history.

Funny, I can remember Riggo giving his offensive line a whole lot of credit when he was playing too. I remember Portis at the beginning of the season when the line wasn't playing as well also saying he wondered how much better he'd do behind a better offensive line. Maybe because they're running backs they know that a lot of the credit goes to those guys.

I never make predictions like this, but here it goes. Clinton Portis will hit 1000 yards next week against the Lions. I will be at the game and I expect a big big day from our main man CP.

I agree with this statement. He needs 182 yards to do so.

However the Lions are ranked 31st in the NFL in rush yards allowed per game, giving up 171 rush yards per game.

Expect Portis to have a 125 + yard game.

They've been run blocking well.

I haven't seen Jason have a whole lot of time.

`

Come on, that's not true. Jason has had time back there. It's the NFL. You get three or four seconds in the pocket and your line is doing it's job. As far as I could tell, Jason had a bunch of plays back there where he had 3 or 4 seconds to throw the ball.

Lets not get carried away with the line bashing.

Come on, that's not true. Jason has had time back there. It's the NFL. You get three or four seconds in the pocket and your line is doing it's job. As far as I could tell, Jason had a bunch of plays back there where he had 3 or 4 seconds to throw the ball.

Lets not get carried away with the line bashing.

Oh, I'm not bashing. More like, I was crediting the Browns for getting pressure.

(And I'll admit, I couldn't see the game. Listened to the streaming radio. So all I can really say is that I kept hearing about JC getting hit.)

Mostly, my observation was more along the lines of "Today, our run game worked better than the passing game."

I'm not even willing to blame him for the fumble. He was carrying it fine and that was just a perfect defensive play.

The only way he could've avoided it was to have eyes in the back of his head and have known to go down or out of bounds right then.

Still I wish they'd get another turnover. Get that ratio back in our favor a bit

a fumble is on the ball carrier everytime. it was a lapse in consentration, that being said i love portis! he doesnt typically fumble. heres to holding on to the ball and ripping detriot for 2 hundy:cheers:

a fumble is on the ball carrier everytime. it was a lapse in consentration, that being said i love portis! he doesnt typically fumble. heres to holding on to the ball and ripping detriot for 2 hundy:cheers:

really?

Are you saying it is physically impossible for a defender to generate enough force to remove the ball from the carrier's hand even if he's holding it at tight as he can?

Because if that isn't the case then it isn't always on the ball carrier

Well gents, this is the Portis we've been waiting for so let's enjoy it. Just to echo a couple of the other statements, the fumble today was a wonderful defensive play by the Brownies, Portis was completely blind to it. That aside, he's playing like a complete neanderthal through the tackles and almost figure-skater like around the edges. His blocking is still second-to-none...and he scores f'in touchdowns. Seriously. I don't even question any more. If the Skins are on the 5yd line and they hand it off to CP, it's 6.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think the CP can get under 2000yds this year ;)

The MVP talk is a little premature in my opinion.

Nice work Clinton!

CPo is definitely doing work. However, I really don't want to see him get close to 2000 yards this year, unless of course he's breaking off 50 and 60 yard runs right and left which he hasn't been doing-yet. :)

Why would I say that? Well, if you look at the other runners who have gotten close to the 2000 yard mark, they always seem to end up hurt the following year. Even worse, they don't seem to be the same player when they come back. Think J. Lewis in Baltimore.

I just think running a back that much is just too much wear and tear for a single season and Portis is too important to our offense to risk running into the ground. Let S. Alexander and Rock take some of the load and keep Portis healthy for the long haul.

Archived