Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis has 818 yards after just seven games.(Merged)

Zen-like Todd

Exactly. People like to ignore everything else he did the entire game and just focus on the fumble. Every once in a while a defender will make a great play. Portis made a great play to get to where he fumbled it at and it would have been a really nice gain, but the defender just made a better play.

I'm not even willing to blame him for the fumble. He was carrying it fine and that was just a perfect defensive play.

The only way he could've avoided it was to have eyes in the back of his head and have known to go down or out of bounds right then.

Still I wish they'd get another turnover. Get that ratio back in our favor a bit

Exactly. This fumble was NOT not on Portis, that defender hammered that ball from behind - it is like that fumble from Cooley last week where the defender put his head right on the ball - a player can't control what is not seen.

Agreed.

When there's a good play made against us, it's our fault.

When we make a good play against another team, they screwed up.

Makes you wonder what team this board was made to support.

Actually he had a great 2nd game (NO), it was the 3rd game (Zona) that was mediocre.

Sorry, that was suppose to be first 3 games...First 3 were under 100, and definitely under 125(how many you need to average to break 2000)...His last 3 he's averaged 139...If he continues to average 139 he'll end up around 2050.

He is on pace for 1870yards and 16 TDs!!!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We need him to stay healthy and we also have teams like the Steelers and the Ravens coming up.The running will get harder, but he is the best in the league as far as I'm concerned.

Archived