Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So nobody thinks Betts will be gone?

dwbiggs

So whats going to happen when Betts gets back? Surely we wouldn't have brought in SA, Zorn's boy, if he didn't have a good chance at staying. Is Bett's job on the line...or Cartwright's? If Bett's is only going to be out for a few weeks I would have thought that Rock could have backed up CP for that short of time.

So whats going to happen when Betts gets back? Surely we wouldn't have brought in SA, Zorn's boy, if he didn't have a good chance at staying. Is Bett's job on the line...or Cartwright's? If Bett's is only going to be out for a few weeks I would have thought that Rock could have backed up CP for that short of time.

Heh no

Alexander was signed to a 1 year contract. If Alexander does well, we may try to resign him (utilizing all 3 backs [Portis, Betts, Alexander]) but the offers on the market will be higher than we probably want to pay a 3rd back. That would make it a bit goofy to let Ladell go.

If SA says he is as healthy as he has ever been then this could be a valid question. As much as I like Ladell, you are looking at a league MVP vs. a guy who is a good back but has trouble holding on to the ball. No need to get all bent out of shape about it. Just ride it out and see how it goes.

Well I personally wouldn't mind seeing LaFumble leave. Fact is I have never really liked him, if he isn't fumbling he was running into the back legs of his blockers causing them to get injured. Or Betts can't stay healthy himself. SA is up in age so that is a detractor so I don't know he blows up with the limited time he will see. CP has a hip flexor so SA might see a bit more of the field, however if he isn't good at pass protecting with Jansen still starting this could be a real messed up situation. I hope SA is used the correct way and I have no doubt Zorn will set him to make the most of his skills. I say put Betts on IR give SA the rest of the year to be Portis's backup and if it works well trade Betts for 2nd round pick, sign SA to another 1 year contract plus incentives and bring back Mason. Let Rock go as well and let Thomas do the kick returns.

No way would you ever get a 2 for Betts. No way.

If someone offered that to you-you'd have to take it. But it's not going to happen.

It would be packaged with a sixth rounder...so, Betts and a 6th rounder for a 2nd round pick...it's usually packaged with late round draft picks. The Taylor trade was an exception.

so just accept that fact and relax.

Wow...guess you have some inside info? So Bett's job in guaranteed even if SA runs better...which wouldn't take a whole lot.

And no, I don't need to relax...I don't get uptight about football...got more important things to worry about. ;)

Archived