Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are most celebrities democrats?

MissU28

i knew you would get uppity over that joke hippie. easy rider was relevant 30 years or so ago? last thing i saw him doing was either speed or some car commercial where he acted like he was still on acid.

but it was a joke rince, calm down a lil. :cheers:

Huh, uppity? I admited you were right about him not being a big celebrity - I was just pointing out my reasoning for using his name. The great thing is not only is he the ultimate liberal to conservative, but he's the ultimate sell out. I see a strong correlation and causation. :)

edit - okay, I could have worded my initial response a little bit more 'delicately'. My bad. :cheers:

IMO, creative people (actors, artists, musicians etc.)tend to be more liberal.

Obviously this isn't always the case but....

PS: I could be completely wrong..lol

probably an accurate assessment. i mean im a republican, but more and more i keep getting more to the middle and being a liberal republican. and ive always been the creative label from artist to writer.

but i do also think that its also a bit of the democrats all being outspoken while the rest are just quiet, so you only hear one side.

Huh, uppity? I admited you were right about him not being a big celebrity - I was just pointing out my reasoning for using his name. The great thing is not only is he the ultimate liberal to conservative, but he's the ultimate sell out. I see a strong correlation and causation. :)

edit - okay, I could have worded my initial response a little bit more 'delicately'. My bad. :cheers:

woah, did we just agree? Im officially scared. :silly:

There are a few reasons.

1. They make tons of money for no good reason other than they are popular and (somewhat) talented and they feel guilty because they know they don't deserve it.

2. They know nothing about economics.

3. They know nothing about reality.

4. Many of them are drug addicts.

this statement is made even more dumb by the fact that it has already been proven in this thread that many celebs are indeed Republican.

But im guessing in your mind all the celebs that know nothing about economics, reality, and are on drugs are the democrats and all the intellectual actors are Republicans.

IMO, creative people (actors, artists, musicians etc.)tend to be more liberal.

Obviously this isn't always the case but....

PS: I could be completely wrong..lol

This is what I tend to believe as well. I think thats why you see predominently liberals among all of the arts- acting being one of them. Painters, writers, etc. among others.

And I think that also explains why lower %'s of pro athletes are liberal/democrat.

Well first of all, I don't know half the names. I guess it depends on what you consider a "celebrity". A lot of those names were former athletes too. I'm not sure how much a former athlete is a celebrity anymore since most of them (Bo Jackson, etc.) are no longer in the spotlight.

Second, and more importantly, who compliled this list? Is it accurate? Just because it's on the interwebz doesn't make it true.

your right, your statements are much more accurate and you are the authority.

You stated that actors are pretty much all idiots and that there are only like 2 Republican actors in the world.

:doh:

Well, think of it this way...

Do you really want a conservative sex symbol or one that's liberal and willing to try all sorts of different things to make you happy?

:rolleyes: come on, that's weak. Of all my liberal friends I'm probably the most "liberal" when it comes to that sort of thing.

NEXT

Who the hell knows?

Maybe because most of them live here in LA. It kind of forces you to be tolerant and open-minded, which fairly or not, are things one usually doesn't associate with the GOP.

OR NOT!!!

Most folks in LA area are FAR from tolerant in real life. They are very 'tolerant' in the abstract, but really are very intolerant in real life. They say they are for the 'environment', but build on every piece of decent land they can find (though, they don't want any one else doing that). They say help the homeless (though drive quickly through Compton, etc. with the limo/Mercedes windows up). They don't tolerate 'bums' on their beaches, parks, or sidewalks, but think the rest of us should 'feed/shelter' those less fortunate.

In a nutshell, they are mostly democrats because that is the party most aligned with hippocrites (and yes, most of them are).

OR NOT!!!

Most folks in LA area are FAR from tolerant in real life. They are very 'tolerant' in the abstract, but really are very intolerant in real life. They say they are for the 'environment', but build on every piece of decent land they can find (though, they don't want any one else doing that). They say help the homeless (though drive quickly through Compton, etc. with the limo/Mercedes windows up). They don't tolerate 'bums' on their beaches, parks, or sidewalks, but think the rest of us should 'feed/shelter' those less fortunate.

In a nutshell, they are mostly democrats because that is the party most aligned with hippocrites (and yes, most of them are).

can you show me pictures of celebs driving through Compton or not tolerating "bums" as you call them?

i'm sure you have done much research and have data to back up all that you have said so thats why I ask for pictures, cause I just know you have it.

:rolleyes: come on, that's weak. Of all my liberal friends I'm probably the most "liberal" when it comes to that sort of thing.

NEXT

It's amazing what response a joke sometimes elicits. (Please don't let your students find this website or learn your pseudonym)

Archived