Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Read or Supreme Court Case Besides Roe v Wade

Cooked Crack

And yet when she does interviews the focus seems to be on irrelevant bs.

Which appears to be in demand obviously.

Sadly, that's been true throughout this campaign. It's just your (the republicans) turn now. Gads, we've been inundated with enough garbage to fill every landfill in the U.S. this go around.

What Major Papers do they have in Alaska? Can anyone name me this? Never mind that some folks like myself don't get our news from the papers anymore anyways.

The Anchorage Daily News

The Juneau Empire

I'm really surprised though that Palin didn't say she reads The Moscow Times ( English Edition) to keep up on her pesky neighbor Putin.

Are newspapers even relevant anymore

Online news and the tv gives you things as they happen now

Newspapers are actually more relevant than online news, because they have checks and balances. TV as a source of news is a waste of time. It's no wonder you come off as so well informed.

President Kennedy used to read six newspapers every day at breakfast.

Bush? Well here's his quote:

"What's in the newspapers worth worrying about? I glance at the headlines just to kind of (get) a flavor of what's moving," Bush said. "I rarely read the stories,"

It seems like Palin is following right in Bush's footsteps.

Seriously, why isn't anyone concerned that twa can answer a question about newspapers more effectively than Palin? Maybe I should vote for twa.

Are newspapers even relevant anymore

Online news and the tv gives you things as they happen now

I would argue that reading the newspaper online certainly counts. If she construed the question to mean strictly physical newspapers well, that's just dumb. I almost never read a physical paper but I read WSJ/WaPo/NYT pretty much daily.

However, the important thing to take into account is the gist of the question, i.e. whether she keeps up with current events. She didn't need to answer this particular question for me to know that she doesn't. Her answers during her limited interviews confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that she has avoided news like the plague.

Newspapers are actually more relevant than online news, because they have checks and balances. TV as a source of news is a waste of time. It's no wonder you come off as so well informed.

President Kennedy used to read six newspapers every day at breakfast.

You are compaing the 60's to today

The only time I get time to read a paper is a day off when I go out for breakfast, the only other time I use to be able to when working was when I was in sales

I am off to work before the paper get delivered around here and people very often do not have the time to sit and read a whole paper anymore

Seriously, it's going to be hard for Biden to win. All Palin has to do is make complete sentences and she wins.

Agreed. Way folks are talking around here, as long as the doesn't shoot anybody or get drool on her shirt, she's improved her image.

(Although granted, the way some others act on here, if she shoots somebody, they'll find a way to justify it.)

Cooked Crack;5617824]Seriously, it's going to be hard for Biden to win. All Palin has to do is make complete sentences and she wins.

Agreed. Way folks are talking around here, as long as the doesn't shoot anybody or get drool on her shirt, she's improved her image.

(Although granted, the way some others act on here, if she shoots somebody, they'll find a way to justify it.)

hmm... from the NY Times:

“Her debating style was rarely confrontational, and she appeared confident. In contrast to today, when she seems unversed on several important issues, she demonstrated fluency on certain subjects, particularly oil and gas development. But just as she does now, Ms. Palin often spoke in generalities and showed scant aptitude for developing arguments beyond a talking point or two. Her sentences were distinguished by their repetition of words, by the use of the phrase ‘here in Alaska’ and for gaps. On paper, her sentences would have been difficult to diagram.

The only time I get time to read a paper is a day off when I go out for breakfast, the only other time I use to be able to when working was when I was in sales

I am off to work before the paper get delivered around here and people very often do not have the time to sit and read a whole paper anymore

That doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons. First, as a Governor, I'd imagine she would have a staff of folks to stay on top of what's going on and brief her daily. Certainly she'd be more in tune to issues that directly affect Alaska, however I'm sure other Governors get briefed on national news as well.

Second, she bragged about how she got rid of the state's jet to save money and that she loves to drive. It's fairly new and very cutting edge, but there's a piece of technology called a "car radio" which would allow her to listen to news without having to read it. If she's really tech savvy, she could have used another newfangled gadget called an "iPod" to listen to podcasted news while she drove, or pretty much anytime.

As a citizen, one has a certain duty to be informed. However, as a Governor, it's part of her job and as such there's no excuse for her not to know what the hell is going on in the world.

Y'know, the more this focus on Palin goes on, the more convinced I get that I know why she was picked.

She's more like Bush than McCain is.

That's her job on the ticket, to be "Super-Bush".

She doesn't have to actually be Mayor of a town of 5,000 people, that doesn't even have it's own Police and Fire departments. They made her hire a City Manager to handle all of those pesky details.

She doesn't need to personally understand the issues. She's got subordinates to tell her what to think about them.

Heck, she's got people to read for her.

(And she's got her own, private, communications system, so there's no pesky accountability, either. Nope, don't want anybody to be able to prove that she actually knew anything. Could be dangerous.)

(Yeah, it's a joke. Granted, it'd be funnier if it weren't true, but hey, I work with what I've got.)

and yet you have plenty of time to post here

See, twa's answer doesn't make him seem like a moron. The way Palin answered the question, she just looks stupid. I don't even know why people are supporting her here. She certainly does not sound like a head of state.

They couldn't print my answers if I had to listen to Couric for that long;)

You don't mind my answer because it is a bit more complete,yet the same:whoknows:

Should the debate have a question where they ask the candidates to name the last book they read?

:halo:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh ya know, I read all of 'em.

Can you name a specific one that you've read...in your entire life?

Oh ya know, I just read whatever comes my way, whatever they put in front of me.

Look, the woman is obviously a good politician, but she is not intelligent or reflective in any way. All she can do is regurgitate talking points, and it's painfully obvious that she doesn't have near the intelligence to deal with national and international issues.

If she was smart, then she could learn. What worries me isn't so much her lack of experience (although that is obviously a factor) but her downright stupidity. She can't learn how to be VP or president, because she simply doesn't have the mental capacity for it. That much is clear.

We've gone from Thomas Jefferson, one of the most intelligent and articulate men to ever live, to Sarah Palin. Talk about devolution.

Archived