Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Read or Supreme Court Case Besides Roe v Wade

Cooked Crack

She's the female George Bush

That is beginning to feel like a serious insult to George Bush..............and I'm not joking.

Apparently tonight CBS is going to air the part of the interview where Couric asks this woman to name a single Supreme Court decision other than Roe v Wade and there was just silence.

Either this woman is as dumb as she appears to be, or she can't think on her feet and freezes. Either way this is not somebody who is remotely qualified for being Vice President.

If the people of Alaska are fine with an idiot running their state, hey more power to them. I have no intention of ever living there so it does not effect me, but now she's trying to become a national leader and that effects all of us.

But remember everyone, McCain is all about country first.:rolleyes:

Apparently tonight CBS is going to air the part of the interview where Couric asks this woman to name a single Supreme Court decision other than Roe v Wade and there was just silence.

Better yet, I would have loved it if Couric had asked her to name at least one Supreme Court justice. :doh: "I'll get back to ya Katie".

Kind of a nonstory and story simultaneously. She should have been able just to name her home states paper and if she struggled who hasn't heard of the Washington Post, New Times, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Wall Street Journal? She names one or two of them and zip Katie is off to the next question.

Better yet, I would have loved it if Couric had asked her to name at least one Supreme Court justice. :doh: "I'll get back to ya Katie".

Oh come on, that's not fair that'd be like asking which U.S. document can the Bill of Rights be found in ;)

Palin: The Bill of Rights? Can't we talk about something current, Katie? Something that matters.

Kind of a nonstory and story simultaneously. She should have been able just to name her home states paper and if she struggled who hasn't heard of the Washington Post, New Times, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Wall Street Journal? She names one or two of them and zip Katie is off to the next question.

:rolleyes: If she named any, the answer would still be faulted....especially Alaskan papers.

As your prior posts show,the condescension is out in full force.

I read all of them as well thanks to the internet,though most share syndicated writers on national news.(which is both good and bad)

Honestly, there wasn't enough meat to the question for anyone to have paid attention to it if she gave any kind of answer. It's actually quite a stupid question for Katie to even ask. The fact that she stumbled (apparently badly) on it is the part that allows the cheap shots to continue (and yes, they are cheap shots on a mostly irrelevent topic)

Although, if you do combine her lack of travel, her lack of insight and knowledge on foreign and domestic affairs with this hint that she doesn't follow the news much... it does raise a question.

Honestly, there wasn't enough meat to the question for anyone to have paid attention to it if she gave any kind of answer. It's actually quite a stupid question for Katie to even ask. The fact that she stumbled (apparently badly) on it is the part that allows the cheap shots to continue (and yes, they are cheap shots on a mostly irrelevent topic)

Although, if you do combine her lack of travel, her lack of insight and knowledge on foreign and domestic affairs with this hint that she doesn't follow the news much... it does raise a question.

You get that from this?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

The fact this earns a thread,while many other relevant issues are ignored says it all.

Obviously it's big news with

Faiz / Think Progress:

Palin on which newspapers she reads: ‘Um, all of them.’ — Tonight on the CBS Evening News, host Katie Couric asked Sarah Palin which sources she relies on for her news consumption. Three separate times, Couric tried to elicit a response from Palin about which specific newspapers she reads.

+

Discussion: Daily Kos, Matthew Yglesias, pandagon.net, The Raw Story, Liberal Values and Shakesville

Enjoy the company?:silly:

Tonight's CBS news should be entertaining. They're going to ask Palin and Biden the same questions and see how they respond. I hear Palin can't name any Supreme Court case besides Roe v Wade. Even I could name more than one via ny elementart school education... Brown v Board of Education.

You get that from this?

The fact this earns a thread,while many other relevant issues are ignored says it all.

Obviously it's big news with

Faiz / Think Progress:

Palin on which newspapers she reads: ‘Um, all of them.’ — Tonight on the CBS Evening News, host Katie Couric asked Sarah Palin which sources she relies on for her news consumption. Three separate times, Couric tried to elicit a response from Palin about which specific newspapers she reads.

+

Discussion: Daily Kos, Matthew Yglesias, pandagon.net, The Raw Story, Liberal Values and Shakesville

Enjoy the company?:silly:

It's also on Politico.

It's more the answer... question... follow up answer. But to be fair, I'll go and watch the clip and edit this response, but my first instinct this is sort of like asking a U.S. Governor

"Who was the first President of the United States?"

and getting the answer...

"Um... a lot of Presidents have made firsts, because a lot of them are faced with unique challenges."

Katie: Can you name the first President:

Palin: Well, you know, Katie. George W. Bush was the first President to preemptively attack another nation, so he's like the first President.

-- except my lampoon has more specificity.

Edit: After watching the clip. Okay, the problem isn't that she couldn't name a newspaper. The problem is that she became defensive and acted as if this was a gotcha question. I think Palin made too big a deal of the question, but might have been wrong in my text reading of the question. Honestly, it was a fluff question and had Palin treated it as such, no one would have focused on it.

It's also on Politico.

You say that like it's a good thing;)

I see issues like these from that interview are unimportant

CBS News:

Palin Opens Up On Controversial Issues — VP Candidate Speaks Frankly With Katie Couric About Feminism, Homosexuality, Abortion And The Environment …

CBS News:

Palin Opens Up On Controversial Issues — VP Candidate Speaks Frankly With Katie Couric About Feminism, Homosexuality, Abortion And The Environment …

It's unimportant if she answers correctly. It's damn funny when she responds with "un, all of them."

I could have actually made a thread about her thinking a girl who was raped by her father should keep the baby, but it's not as funny.

CBS News:

She answered those questions coherently.

It's unimportant if she answers correctly. It's damn funny when she responds with "un, all of them."

Answering all of them(that she gets ahold of) is incorrect?

Is there a correct list now you care to share?:silly:

I could have actually made a thread about her thinking a girl who was raped by her father should keep the baby, but it's not as funny.

No, it's not real entertaining to support not killing a (potential) innocent kid,and instead granting it life through adoption.

It IS much more important to some though:2cents:

Sarah is going to shine on Thursday night, and Biden is going to look like an angry flustered liberal. I cannot believe the hostility toward Palin in the media and the left. They really cannot stand her, they go after her record and lack of experience to be the VP even though their own Presidential candidate has less experience and record. It is really amazing to watch.

Edit: After watching the clip. Okay, the problem isn't that she couldn't name a newspaper. The problem is that she became defensive and acted as if this was a gotcha question. I think Palin made too big a deal of the question, but might have been wrong in my text reading of the question. Honestly, it was a fluff question and had Palin treated it as such, no one would have focused on it.

Honestly, if it were Obama or Biden we would not be focusing on any of it. Has Obama had one hard interview during his entire 19 months of campaigning in all 57 states?

Sarah is going to shine on Thursday night, and Biden is going to look like an angry flustered liberal. I cannot believe the hostility toward Palin in the media and the left. They really cannot stand her, they go after her record and lack of experience to be the VP even though their own Presidential candidate has less experience and record. It is really amazing to watch.

The problem is this. For most people this is the only first hand information on Palin we get. Because she does so few interviews every utterance matters more and we are looking to judge her. Right now, no one really knows her. They know a little about her resume, a little bit about how she handles herself behind a podium, and something of her bio.

But we don't know her. We don't know who she is and what she really thinks. That's what you get from interviews and to a much lesser extent debates.

Obama has been through the media churn for two years and has run the gauntlet of every network and most of its major reporters several times. Palin is still unknown and so what she says, doesn't say, knows, and doesn't know is a matter of study. What's telling is that for two years, Obama stood up to scrutiny and took it... you Repubs are whining after only a few weeks.

She's getting ready by debating in the wilderness, Biden better look out.

palin%20debate%20prep%20pic.jpg

Seriously, it's going to be hard for Biden to win. All Palin has to do is make complete sentences and she wins.

It's not an entirely stupid question because Palin said she has developed her world view from reading.

Seriously, it's going to be hard for Biden to win. All Palin has to do is make complete sentences and she wins.

I agree completely. The expectations are low
I read all of them as well thanks to the internet,though most share syndicated writers on national news.(which is both good and bad)

See, twa's answer doesn't make him seem like a moron. The way Palin answered the question, she just looks stupid. I don't even know why people are supporting her here. She certainly does not sound like a head of state.

The problem is this. For most people this is the only first hand information on Palin we get. Because she does so few interviews every utterance matters more and we are looking to judge her. Right now, no one really knows her. They know a little about her resume, a little bit about how she handles herself behind a podium, and something of her bio.

But we don't know her. We don't know who she is and what she really thinks. That's what you get from interviews and to a much lesser extent debates.

Obama has been through the media churn for two years and has run the gauntlet of every network and most of its major reporters several times. Palin is still unknown and so what she says, doesn't say, knows, and doesn't know is a matter of study. What's telling is that for two years, Obama stood up to scrutiny and took it... you Repubs are whining after only a few weeks.

And yet when she does interviews the focus seems to be on irrelevant bs.

Which appears to be in demand obviously.

Archived