Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Read or Supreme Court Case Besides Roe v Wade

Cooked Crack

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4493093n

Here's Biden and Palin side by side discussing the Supreme Court. Palin can learn what a competent candidate sounds like.

Asked what newspapers and magazines she reads, Palin - a journalism major in college - could not name one publication.

"I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media," she said at first.

Couric responded, "What, specifically?"

"Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

"Can you name a few?"

"I have a vast variety of source where we get our news," Palin said. "Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, 'wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America."

To be fair, you really do need all the newspapers, just because they don't all carry the same comics.

But seriously this woman is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Who reads newspapers anymore? I probably haven't held a hard copy newspaper in my hand in over a year. It's probably been longer than that since I held a news magazine in my hand as well. The magazines I read are generally issue specific (America's First Freedom, Military History, Rennaisance, etc...).

More and more people these days are getting their information online, via the television or the radio. Circulation numbers for news magazines and newspapers have been dropping steadily in recent years. So why would it be all that unusual for Palin not to remember the last newspaper she read? I'm no fan of hers by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this issue is a whole lot of nonsense.

This is partisan hackery!!! A journalism major and a vice presidential candidate is supposed to know a newspaper she reads? Whats next, expecting her to remember the McCain campaign's stances on things?

Stop attacking this poor defenseless woman.

That was gotcha journalism right there.

Who reads newspapers anymore? I probably haven't held a hard copy newspaper in my hand in over a year. It's probably been longer than that since I held a news magazine in my hand as well. The magazines I read are generally issue specific (America's First Freedom, Military History, Rennaisance, etc...).

More and more people these days are getting their information online, via the television or the radio. Circulation numbers for news magazines and newspapers have been dropping steadily in recent years. So why would it be all that unusual for Palin not to remember the last newspaper she read? I'm no fan of hers by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this issue is a whole lot of nonsense.

Did you see her answer? She does read newspapers, in fact she reads all of them.

She's a politician... even if she doesn't remember she should at least know a few newspapers offhand that she can mention to make her look in touch and informed.

But they're all just so great...How could you possibly single out just one?

She's a politician... even if she doesn't remember she should at least know a few newspapers offhand that she can mention to make her look in touch and informed.

Yes it would be nice if she knew a couple of the newspapers in Alaska, but honestly I couldn't tell you what the last newspaper I read was. I could name you probably a dozen newspapers but I couldn't honestly tell you what the last one I read was.

In my mind if you're reading a hard copy newspaper you're actually OUT of touch and more than likely very poorly informed on things these days. To get even close to a realistic view on a story in the Boston area I'd have to read at least two different newspapers (The Herald AND The Glob) because they're both completely and totally biased (in different directions). Additionally, by the time it's in the paper, it's OLD news. More than likely there is updated and current information available that the paper will not include.

Yes it would be nice if she knew a couple of the newspapers in Alaska, but honestly I couldn't tell you what the last newspaper I read was. I could name you probably a dozen newspapers but I couldn't honestly tell you what the last one I read was.

In my mind if you're reading a hard copy newspaper you're actually OUT of touch and more than likely very poorly informed on things these days. To get even close to a realistic view on a story in the Boston area I'd have to read at least two different newspapers (The Herald AND The Glob) because they're both completely and totally biased (in different directions). Additionally, by the time it's in the paper, it's OLD news. More than likely there is updated and current information available that the paper will not include.

Why's it either or? Can't someone stay informed by reading a newspaper AND reading a 24/7 news channel website? OOR reading a newspaper...online?

Archived