Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Read or Supreme Court Case Besides Roe v Wade

Cooked Crack

Specify to where I compared Palin to Cheney, if you would please.

What I indicated was how Cheney changed the role of the VP office.

I don't think that Cheney under Bush is too much different than Bush sr under Reagan, yet Clintons Veep was who again? I think it only matters based on the individual.

With Reagan and Bush jr, the handlers needed somebody in there closer to pay attention. McCain knows his role.

Anybody else think it would have been HILARIOUS for Palin to walk out to the podium last night carrying a bunch of well-known newspapers and magazines? Or maybe just carrying the New York Times, or carrying Sports Illustrated. haha, just thought of that and I think it woulda been great if not slightly inappropriate at a formal debate :silly:
That would have been too funny.

As I just read, Palin majored in communications-journalism while in college, so it's perhaps unrealistic to expect her to understand law like a trained legal professional.

But, to understand governance, especially in a democratic system that relies upon the concept, Rule of Law, it probably helps to understand law, which is why elected high-level elected officials are often lawyers.

And would also probably explain why we are in the mess we are in with regards to congress!!

You can't be serious.

Supreme Court decisions shape the laws of our land.

You mentioned in an earlier post that other than Roe v Wade, you can't think of a case you're against. Does that include Dred Scott?

Listen, I'm no expert on the Court history either so I'm not the greatest person to be arguing this point. But damn, even I know off the top of my head Dred Scott and Brown vs Board. The fact that Palin couldn't come up with those gimmes from school should be an embarrassment.

My point is, how does that affect me. How does it change anything in the way a person governs this country. Who cares.

So if my friends is brilliant and could easily run this country and doesn't know many court rulings, I could say dang, you don't belong running this country. that's again just silly. It isn't relevant to anything important but histrical information.

Right. So you've never disagreed, here, with the Kelo decision?

And you approve of the SC decision prohibiting child molesters from being executed, too?

Oooh, and I just know that you agreed with the court ordering that prisoners at Gitmo are entitled to habaeus hearings, you hippie liberal, you.

And I bet you were celebrating when the court ruled that Bush didn't have the authority to conduct warrantless wiretaps within the US, too.

I was pointing out that I don't keep track of them. Off the top of my head, roe v wade would be the only one. My other point was it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things either if someone doesn't.

People make this sound like if a candidate can't rattle off some court rulings than they are disqualified to run. nonsense.

I was pointing out that I don't keep track of them. Off the top of my head, roe v wade would be the only one. My other point was it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things either if someone doesn't.

People make this sound like if a candidate can't rattle off some court rulings than they are disqualified to run. nonsense.

Cmon dude, in middle school and high school I could spit out

Plessy v Ferguson

Brown vs Board of education

Roe v Wade

Miranda v Arizona

United States v Nixon

Give me a break

:rolleyes:

Umm if you are running for the highest office in the land, and possibly have the choice to nominate someone to the Supreme Court, you damn well better be able to name something they've done. There isn't any greater privilege than picking someone who interprets the Constitution.

Your statement is an absolute joke.

Well, a person doesn't have to be a SC historian or anything, but when part of your platform is based on the type of judges you'd appoint, then you should know what youre talking about. (I'm using "you" to refer to McCain-Palin ticket).

If McCain-Palin is so offended at the "activists" judges that are on the bench now, and are writing such "bad law," they should be able to point to more than one "bad law," otherwise its just one opinion they don't like and they are throwing a ****fit about it.

Archived