Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Read or Supreme Court Case Besides Roe v Wade

Cooked Crack

Reading this thread, it's odd how folks are acting as if a complete lack of knowledge is somehow a good thing. But upon thinking further on the matter, it makes sense: These are the same folks who have been defending the Bush administration's lack of knowledge as well.

For some folks, being "book learned" is seen as "elitist," or it makes you into an Eastern Establishment Liberal. You can see this tendency in the anti-intellectual Right, and I believe Palin and some of her defenders are just part of this tendency.

Idiocracy is coming true.

That is what they are counting on, Joe is going to lay a massive beating on her, and she will look like a victim, and people will giver her a sympathy vote.
Seems the reason the moderator was picked. It's a great scape goat.
Either was Dick Cheney and look how that worked out. :2cents:
Dick had plenty of experience and is most likely in more control now than jr.

I just have a hard time when I see the left point and say "she has nothing" the same way the right does it to Obama and although they are both 100% correct, nobody seems to catch on.

Fair enough. But that means you would not fund the TROOPS.
No ****. That doesn't mean I hate them personally or that I don't support them being able to come home safe. That is kind of my point.

No ****. That doesn't mean I hate them personally or that I don't support them being able to come home safe. That is kind of my point.

KB, I'm not attacking you for the position. Truthfully, I could go either way on this one. I'm just saying Obama's positions were not inconsistent with one another. He did not support the WAR at any time even though he supported the TROOPS at times.

KB, I'm not attacking you for the position. Truthfully, I could go either way on this one. I'm just saying Obama's positions were not inconsistent with one another. He did not support the WAR at any time even though he supported the TROOPS at times.

If I want you to quit smoking, I am not going to give you $20 and car keys and ask you to get me smokes.

It's the same thing.

I find the use of the word "support" in that context is meant to imply that you want our troops to fail. That is political mumbo jumbo to me and I don't appreciate it.

I agree it doesn't matter as much. But it certainly matters.

You don't think Cheney has mattered in the past eight years as an 'assistant'?

It does matter, but not to the extent people are making it out to.

I already answered the second question, so did twa.

People act like VeeP matters like the PotUS matters and that is not the case.

Palin is running for the assistant job, the back up.

So why do you suppose the McCain campaign doesn't just announce that "Hey, she's not qualified to be President"?

I'll tell you: It's because they know darned well that the voters won't vote for McCain if his backup is PeeWee Herman.

If I want you to quit smoking, I am not going to give you $20 and car keys and ask you to get me smokes.

It's the same thing.

I find the use of the word "support" in that context is meant to imply that you want our troops to fail. That is political mumbo jumbo to me and I don't appreciate it.

You have totally lost me.

So why do you suppose the McCain campaign doesn't just announce that "Hey, she's not qualified to be President"?

I'll tell you: It's because they know darned well that the voters won't vote for McCain if his backup is PeeWee Herman.

Thank You :obvious::applause:

People act like VeeP matters like the PotUS matters and that is not the case.

I think that is the point: She is NEXT in line for the presidency. She isn't just some cheerleader for the POTUS. Of course the VP pick matters, too, when the president himself is advanced in age, and there is a chance she may assume the presidency at one point during the next term.

I think that is the point: She is NEXT in line for the presidency. She isn't just some cheerleader for the POTUS. Of course the VP pick matters, too, when the president himself is advanced in age, and there is a chance she may assume the presidency at one point during the next term.
Correct. Are you saying that the Veep and the PotUS are of absolute equal importance?

Correct. Are you saying that the Veep and the PotUS are of absolute equal importance?

I don't think that was my implication, but you are seemingly attempting to portray the VP position as if it has no bearing on the line of presidential succession.

Perhaps you need to re-read my post. I thought emphasizing NEXT in line would make it clear.

I don't think that was my implication, but you are seemingly attempting to portray the VP position as if it has no bearing on the line of presidential succession.

Perhaps you need to re-read my post. I thought emphasizing NEXT in line would make it clear.

I never implied that it was on NO importance. If anything it's the best job to have if you are going to learn the PotUS job and that it is not AS important.

I am not dismissing the second most important job in the US as nothing.

Nope.

OTOH, the only people claiming that their qualifications are even remotely comparable are the people who buy their Kool Aid at Sam's.

:)

I never implied that it was on NO importance. If anything it's the best job to have if you are going to learn the PotUS job and that it is not AS important.

I am not dismissing the second most important job in the US as nothing.

This is what you said: People act like VeeP matters like the PotUS matters and that is not the case.

This is more then just the "back up" position, especially taking McCain's age into consideration. And examining the role that Cheney had in the presidency, it is obvious that "do nothing" VP's may be a thing of the past.

The VP, in the 21st century, is more then just the assistant job. Especially since, according to Cheney, it occupies its own special branch of the government.

Maybe if she was a cabinet member of McCain it would be different and wouldn't be emphasized as much. This is why questions regarding Biden are relevant as well, though Obama is obviously of younger age and probably better health.

Archived