Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Subway for lunch - What is your fav sandwich?

ljs

interesting. we don't get provolone cheese or spinach here in Canadian Subways. Too bad... because provolone is my favorite cheese. But we do get Swiss... which is my second favorite cheese.

I'm with dcoles11.... having worked in a deli for 5 years in my youth... I get disgusted from deli meats from these types of establishments. won't touch it.

When I'm at Subway.... it's a good ole-fashioned BLT with mayo,swiss and salt-pepper on white bread..... or lately it's been a 12" meatball sub with double swiss cheese and light lettuce.

I'm pretty picky about meat balls... my mom's meatballs are the only ones i've ever liked (with veal)... but the Subway meatballs are actually surprisingly good.

Quiznos appealed to me at first... when my first sandwhich was delicious... but the last dozen or so times since.... it seems like all their meat is undercooked (ie. raw) and I've just given up on the franchise altogether as a result.

Subways Chicken Parmesan was banging. Wish they would bring that back...but despite my sig, I am not that big of a Subway fan. Like someone else said, there meat is low quality. Have you ever taken apart your sandwich and actually looked at the meat? Especially the Turkey...

Subways Chicken Parmesan was banging. Wish they would bring that back...but despite my sig, I am not that big of a Subway fan. Like someone else said, there meat is low quality. Have you ever taken apart your sandwich and actually looked at the meat? Especially the Turkey...

I get them to make a pseudo chicken parm with the oven roasted chicken breast. Oven Roasted chicken breast, sauce from the meatballs, provolone, get it toasted, then oregano, black pepper, spinach, tomato. It is decent and not too bad for you.

Quiznos appealed to me at first... when my first sandwhich was delicious... but the last dozen or so times since.... it seems like all their meat is undercooked (ie. raw) and I've just given up on the franchise altogether as a result.

I've noticed this once or twice... the way they cook their meat is not particularly confidence inspiring. The store I usually go to is pretty good about it, though.

My suggestion...find a real deli.

When a real deli is not available and I have gone there, I typically will get and Italian BMT (double meat) on Italian bread.

Exactly, very good suggestion.

I went to Machones in Silver Spring the other day to get a great cold cut, the best I have had in a long time and it was worth the drive from Gaithersburg.

Basically I used to go to Subway almost every day when I was living at home and going to community college and I would always get...

12" roasted chicken breast with lettuce, mayo, onions, green peppers and a little bit of sweet onion sauce with provolone cheese. Amazing.

But since then I have been converted into a huge Quiznos fan. Downside is that Quiznos is expensive as hell.

• 1 month later...

Archived