Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's ATTITUDE is the problem

skinsfan4221977

the defense stunk last night, don't let the final score fool you. they gave up 350 yards of offense, 154 yards on the ground, they couldn't tackle and could only get one int. even tho they could have had 2-3 ints.. The only bright spot on the D was London Fletcher having 17 tackles, 12 solo.

For all of Gibbs' passivity, he has NO problem with stepping up and taking responsibility for things. Nor did he joke or become a downer after losses.

Ok. But you do realize that last night was Zorn's FIRST season game? You realize that he's a rookie head coach? You did hear him say that he's not used to sitting in a chair and being questioned by a media firing squad?

Zorn has to learn just like the rookies have to learn. There have been plenty of times when I've seen TV interviews with Zorn and he looks like a deer caught in headlights.

I have been fairly pleased with Zorn so far. The man hasn't used "super smart" once since he's been here ... he's pointed fingers and publicly called players our for their lack of conditioning in preseason .... I would imagine that the man is doing the best damn job that he can do right now and has every intention of doing the best job that he can in the future.

No, the D played like crap the entire first half and they were good in the second. The O was played like crap pretty much the whole game. Run your routes to the first down. How hard is that. 3rd and five and 3rd and three should never be 4th and 1 and Fourth and 2 and a half through the air!

I thought the D played pretty much the same as it did last year - it bent but didn't break. Last year teams could move the ball against our D, but D clamped down in the Red Zone, just like last night. Unfortunately, the dropped INTs were also similar to what our D last year.

So how is it Zs fault Jason takes 15s to spike a ball to kill the clock. You mean after 4yrs, he has never once run a hurry-up O? Wow, I guess Z is the problem around a football team of 40+ veterans.

By your name we all already know you are a Campbell hater and want Colt starting but be real.

Yeah the 15s to spike a ball was bad...

Zorns playcalling was HORRIBLE. It is as much to blame for the loss as anything. All of us who actually have been following the skins for decades know and saw the same crap from last year run, run, pass, punt. Campbell NEVER had a chance to get into a rhythm. Yeah his first 2 series were aweful, but I think thats just as much as the Giants D being so pumped up. Initially I figured the poor play calling was to help JC settle down a bit. Then when it was obvious he was starting to gain some confidence in his throws, I figured Zorn would start spreading it out some and then be able to make some running lanes for Portis...but no...run, run, pass, punt over and over.

The "messiah" Colt would have fared exactly the same due to the plays that were called. One of the skins fans at the bar said the same thing "put Colt in" I told him it was all because of the play calling, so he sat and watched a few more plays and he saw that I was right...all playcalling.

Also, didn't matter who was throwing the ball, Moss would have dropped those Colt passes as well.

Zorn's attitude is the least of our problems.

:sucks:

Actually this quote sucks.... zorns attitude is a problem, during his post game press confrence on comcast he said and I quote when asked by a reporter... " the last possesion of the game it appeared the offense didn't have a sense of urgency and didn't run a two minute offense, any reason for that"

Zorn " well I just didn't want to throw the ball downfield three times and give the ball back to the giants... I didn't want them to get the ball back and actually I was just happy with us actually possesing the ball" that is a stupid statement.

• 1 month later...
You know, for all the whining in the media and on this board of how the Skins are going to go 1-15 and we were horrible, Jim Zorn's attitude seems to be the biggest problem.

But I digress. I don't like Zorn's attitude. He told the Post he was "in control" of the clock. To me, this signifies a lack of personal responsibility or at least an open mind. To me, he also didn't try hard enough to win (what's with Portis running with less than 2 mins. left?)

Finally, considering how we DID show progress and our D was solid for more than a half... I REALLY didn't like his "I don't know if the glass has any water in it" comment. That's NO way to motivate players who desperately need it.

To me, Zorn just doesn't recognize how great the team CAN potentially be. He's not hard enough on himself when he needs to be and he's TOO hard on others when he DOESN'T need to be.

He needs to grow up... FAST.

You grow up :nana:

There's a difference between sending a thread back to the top after 20 minutes and sending a thread back to the top after six weeks.

For the record, I agree with terp. Can't we rig things up so that postgame knee-jerk reaction threads are automatically locked after seven days or so?

*goes off to bump another year-old "Carlos Rogers is the reason we are losing!!!" thread*

If you're going to bump an old thread can it at least be something relevant? I mean, we get that a whole lot of fans were negative on the skins at the beginning of the season and now they're eating crow. Big deal.

I'm getting tired of the first page of the staduim being filled with these old threads that deal with calling somebody out....

:doh:

There's a difference between sending a thread back to the top after 20 minutes and sending a thread back to the top after six weeks.

For the record, I agree with terp. Can't we rig things up so that postgame knee-jerk reaction threads are automatically locked after seven days or so?

*goes off to bump another year-old "Carlos Rogers is the reason we are losing!!!" thread*

I know, just giving him a hard time.

This is getting ridiculous. Nobody cares that the op made a knee jerk thread after the team sucked it up. It was funny the first and maybe the second time the past 3 days. After the 10th one, not so much. We should only be bumping Westbrook36's long list of epic fail threads.

I think the problem is that there is an overabundance of stupid knee-jerk reactions that have been proven to be way off this season.

Absolutely.......................just like there were stupid "pollyannish/head in sand" reactions during the 2004 and 2006 seasons.

Knee-jerk negative reactions that have been proven false have always offset by the "fiddling while Rome burns" folks who've never owned up to the fact that they were wrong themselves but are the first to mock when someone else may have been wrong.

Enough with the inter-board point scoring already!

The OP, like many, had a knee jerk reaction to week one that I'm sure he now regrets. Does every freaking thread we deem to be stupid need re-hashing WEEK'S later to hold the source up in light's like some carnival freak for us all to laugh at till the end of time?

There's been WAY too much of this lately. And by the responses, i'm not alone in saying this is getting a tad tiresome. Pull someone at the time, but don't sit on something for a month or two, geez.

Y'all must have REAL thrilling lives if you sit there with files full of threads your waiting to bump at someone's misguided expense. :doh:.

*Frustrated me. Calms.

Hail.

Please stop bringing up these old posts. It's ridiculous. Nobody cares that people were wrong, so stop digging this stuff up.

WRONG!

These are not posts from last season, they were made a couple weeks ago. There is a long and storied tradition on ES of holding people accountable for what they say here, and while it may be a pain to have so many current threads that were begun a while back there is still some gratification in hearing people mumble "Sorry, I was wrong" around that foot in their mouth.

The issue is not one of pointing and keening "Neener neener neener, you said something stooooooooopid!", because we all do at one time or another. It is more a question of the atmosphere in THIS part of the internet. You can't just do a drive-by and expect it to be forgotten. The thread archaeologists that dig these things up do us all a service by constantly reminding everyone that accountability is taken seriously here. It is one of the elements that makes ES stand above so much of the murk online.

Plus that opportunity to man up and admit when you are wrong earns respect from other members.

Archived