Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How serious do you get about preseason?

kiingspadee

I usually watch guys that have some question marks. For instance, this year I'll be looking at guys like Jansen who didnt look good last year and is coming off an injuy. I'll watch Campbell to see how quick he makes reads, and how accurate he is with the short to medium range passes. Then I'll be watcing guys like Heyer and Rinehart to see how they perform in general. With certian guys I'll be looking at specific things. If Kelly gets in, I'll be watching to to see what kind of seperation he has. I'll be watching McIntosh to see if he is moving laterally well.

I tend to take things not too seriously. No doubt I've seen teams do poorly in the preseason and then follow that up with similar play in the regular season. However, more times than not, I've seen the reverse. It's good to see the young guys play and maybe to see some football. Other than that.....

normally i don't really care about preseason too much, especially under gibbs when the offenses he showed in preseason were so vanilla. This year i'm excited to see how well we've picked up the new offense and to see how guys look who are coming back from injuries.

I definitely concentrate on the individual more than the team... certain players show noticeable improvement whereas others start off making the same mistakes as they left the previous year making...

scheme wise I like to believe we are only seeing a small percentage of the potential, however, in the gibbs 2 era, our O was not much more dynamic in the regular season...

I used to not care at all about the Preseason, but the past couple of years I've gotten into it more.

I'd like to say I dont care if we win, but I was cheering loud at the bar during the Skins/Titans preseason game last year during the 4th quarter with all the scrubs.

I wish the Jets game was the "third" preseason game this year, but oh well.

I'm lucky to be able to sit through an entire preseason game.

They're boring, they don't tell you anything at all, they give you absolutely no indication as to how the team is progressing.

Occasionally you will see a young player on no one's radar step up and do something,, but mostly you don't.

There are no starting positions decided in preseason no matter what anyone says. There are very few roster spots decided in preseason no matter what anyone says. It's a dog and pony show so the owners can make easy money.

The only thing coaches are concerned with is not getting injured and not giving anything away. The only thing players are concerned with is not getting hurt. The very few who feel that they have to impress in preseason to make the team are not going to be contributors during the regular season no matter what anyone tries to tell you.

The fact we have to play FIVE of them is galling,, this is the third time in 6 years we've had to play five preseason games.

As a fan, a preseason game is nothing more than a reason to chew my nails, hoping like hell no one gets hurt. There is a mountain of negatives against preseason, and I can't think of one positive.

~Bang

I'm somewhat serious at the start of a preseason game, it's just the whole set-up...at the stadium, fans cheering, it's a game atmosphere. Once the 3rd stringers start coming in i'm usually onto something else unless there's some specific players i'm trying to see

I freaking hate preseason. As redskins fans should know by now, preseason has no indication of how the regular season will go. All the preseason is to me is time for our players to injure themselves. I am all for lessening the preaseason from 4 games to 2. I am really pissed of that we have to have a 5th preseason game this year. It just really sucks. If i were coaching an nfl team i wouldn;t even let the starters play untill the last 2 games of the preseason.

My general sentiment is that: I'm happy its here. The time between February and August is just excruciating for me.

But I don't take the games very seriously from a fan perspective. I hope the team takes it seriously - but you won't see me throwing things around my living room (as you might during the regular season).

The Canton game is on live in the UK so I'll watch some of it (early hours of Monday morning for us), other than that its just a case of wanting continuity and NO INJURIES! having said that the pre-season of 2006 was an utter 0 & 4 shambles and fed in to a poor year.

I don't put any stock in the final score, and not a whole lot in performance. The games are somewhat interesting to watch, but the game plan is generally scaled back, the play calling designed to see what individual players can do, and so on.

I do not get as worked up, b/c it is only a preseason game. This year i want to see us grasp the new offense. I know there will be mistakes and that is why preseason is good. You cant be afraid to make mistakes, they will happen and preseason allows that since the games do not count.

Archived