Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obscure hilarious bits in movies

Spaceman Spiff

Not necessarily a scene...I'll explain.

I'm watching Murder at 1600 and on the opening credits, there's this clip of this guy cleaning a huge meeting room table in the White House. He's got these pads on his hands and his knees and he's sort of swimming up the table while wiping it down...the camera angle is from above and it's absolutely hysterical to me for some reason. It's not necessarily a scene, but its a little bit of a movie that just cracks me up.

Another great one is in Lebowski when Walter is bashing the Corvette. Right before he bashes the hood, he does this little shuffle with his feet. The whole scene is hilarious but the shuffle absolutely kills me. Me and my buddy rewind that little bit and watch it a ton.

So share 'em, they can be intentional or unintentional...just little things like a look or how something is said.

In Buckaroo Bonzai[/u], the corporation, Yoyodyne Rocket Systems, is owned by an alien from Planet 10 (who doesn't understand humans well). We see two slogans for the company:

Yoyodyne: A growing excited company

and

The Future Begins Tomorrow

I know it is rather disguting, but in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre II when Choptop keeps lighting the tip of a coat hanger with a lighter, then scratches the plate on the side of his head with the hot tip of the coat hanger, picks the skin off the tip of that hanger and nibbles at it like a kid.

I don't know why but I laugh every time I would see that.

In "Raising Arizona" when the cops are interviewing Nathan Arizona about his missing child, and he's going off about it.. the two FBI guys repeating everything and using it to one up each other is hilARIOUS.

Hell, that movie is loaded with them... John Goodman smearing Dippity Doo in his hair by the spoonful in the gas station men's room.. Him again shaping up and getting 'classy' when introduced to Hi's wife.."Ma'am"

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail the absolutel funniest line in the entire movie is when god appears before them and tells them to go on a quest..

"Good idea, O' Lord"

"OF COURSE IT IS!"

~Bang

Oh Brother Where Art Thou...

When they find out George Clooney was lying about the buried treasure...

(paraphrasing)

"You SOB. I only had 2 years left on my sentence. Now if they catch me with added time I'll be 74 years old when I get out"

"Well I'll only be 72!" :dunce:

That line slays me

And Fargo...

when he's selling the "True-coat" at the car dealership. Hilarious scene, very subtle, just like the entire movie.

And when the Japanese guy talks with a Minnesota accent I was dying laughing. Coen brothers rule :notworthy

All of these from the Wicker Man!

Especially the bear part.

I don't remember seeing the bees scene, but I do remember him beating the crap out of those women. My brother who was watching the movie with me, bored as hell, was so excited when he threw that first punch.

I'm not sure why, but in The Whole Nine Yards when Amanda Peet is walking away down a hill and just falls down for no real reason. And she lets this yelp out. My friends and I must have rewound that scene 20 times when we first saw it.

its great because its real. she wasn't supposed to fall down, but when she did it was so great they kept it in.

Also, in Kingdom of Heaven, the scene where Orlando Bloom knights a whole bunch of peasants and then tells the priest they'll be better fighters, right as he walks away this random peasant pops up out of nowhere and gives the priest this little stare down and it cracks me up every time.

Natural Born Killers when they stumble upon the reservation and meet the Indian guy and Mickey says

"How. [realizes he sounds like an idiot] ....uh, ya doin'?"

And the opening of Fallen with the guy walking to the electric chair singing the Rolling Stones' "Time is On My Side"

Archived