Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obscure hilarious bits in movies

Spaceman Spiff

From an 80's cable classic "Armed and Dangerous". During the scene where John Candy and Eugene Levy are in Security Gaurd Training Class, one of the lesser characters asks the teacher/boss, "Right. Say someone's lying right? And you KNOW they lying? Can you shoot em?" Kills me every. Single. Time.

I hated this movie because it sent the franchise into a tail-spin...but in "Superman III" when Robert Vaughn's character has Richard Pryor's character on the phone after Pryor was supposed to kill Superman...I admit it...it made me laugh.

"He didn't die. I asked you to kill Superman and you're telling me you couldn't do that one simple thing."

Same movie. When Richard Pryor, genius hacker, is attempting to tell Robert Vaughn's computer to transfer all tenths of pennies into his personal account, and the computer tells him that his instructions are denied, there's a shot of the CRT screen, where Pryor types the command "OVERRIDE ALL SECURITY", and the computer's response is "OK".

In the film 2010, there's a scene in which Jesse Bowman, mother of lost astronaut Dave Bowman, dies in a Florida nursing home. There's a scene of a nurse at a nurse's station, then a closeup of a video monitor showing Ms Bowman's room. The EKG goes flat, and an alarm sounds. A magazine lands on the monitor.

The magazine is TIME. The cover art work is split down the middle. One side shows the White House, a US flag, and a large picture, (supposedly the President). The other side shows the Kremlin, the Russian flag, and a picture.

The President is Arthur C. Clarke, author of the books 2001 and 2010.

The "Russian" is Stanley Kubrick.

I forgot to mention this one. If you want to go really obscure, I love it in the original Rocky when Adrian finally gets to the ring after running from the locker room and her hat falls off on the way.

You have to listen really closely, but the first thing Rocky says to her is, "Hey, where's your hat?" lol

A few of my favorites:

Broken Arrow; the final fight scene between John Travolta and Christian Slater on the train. The train crashes and the nuke goes flying across the car, toward Travolta. Just before it hits him, if you pause, you'll notice that Travolta is a dummy, with this really dumbfounded look on his face. The camera cuts and shows him being shot through the back of the car, as it happens he makes this really awkward, "Oooooohhhhh" noise. It's hilarious. My buddy pointed it out to me a couple of weeks ago. We rewound like 4-5 times just laughing at that whole sequence.

The Boondock Saints; Rocco, Connor and Murphy bust into a strip club to kill Vincenzo Lipazzi. When the stripper behind the glass sees the guns she faints. Connor and Murphy go after Vincenzo, leaving Rocco as the lookout. He sees the stripper lying there unconscious bare-breasted, so he starts fondling her breast. Connor and Murphy are walking back, see him and yell at him. He gets startled, jumps up with his hands in the air, and says, "I'll tip her!!".

Fight Club - [spoiler - but if you've been living under a rock and haven't seen it you should be watching it now, and not reading this messageboard]

After the twist is revealed and Ed Norton is remembering himself doing all of the things he thought Brad Pitt was doing. "You're f***ing Marla" "No. YOU'RE f***ing Marla, but it's all the same to her" and they cut to Ed Norton and Marla doing it and he just has this priceless look on his face, like "what the hell am I doing here?!" Cracks me up

One of my other funny scenes comes from The Boondock Saints again. Just before the three guys go into the strip club, they put on masks. Connor and Murphy have masks that have the holes already cut into them. Rocco cut the holes in his. The guys start laughing at him, and rag on him saying, "What the **** are you doing man? You look like ****ing Mushmouth.". Rocco starts to take the mask off and they convince him to keep it on. Then just before they bust in, while laughing Connor says, "Now Rocco, before we go in here let me ask you this, are you suuuure you're O-be-kay-be?".

Dazed & Confused - one of the best lines in the whole movie is said offscreen by Slater. "I'm not believing that s*** about Bonham's one hour drum solo, man. I mean, an hour of drums? You couldn't handle that s*** on strong acid, man"

The delivery is just so perfect, gets me every time.

OK, it's a TV show, not a movie. Sue me.

Star Trek. The Naked Time. The shirtless Sulu comes to the bridge with a fencing sword. When Uhura tries to calm him down, he grabs her and yells "I'll protect you, fair maiden!"

Uhura pushes him away: "Sorry, neither."

Star Trek. The Naked Time. The shirtless Sulu comes to the bridge with a fencing sword. When Uhura tries to calm him down, he grabs her and yells "I'll protect you, fair maiden!"

:geek:

Okay another movie I hated but had one pretty good bit in was "Airplane II"

During Ted Striker's trial when Elaine was on the witness stand and said to the Judge (played by Raymond Burr), "I remember when Ted used to touch me and caress me and make me feel loved, do you know what that's like?"

And Raymond Burr replied in a perfect dead-pan voice, "Yes, yes I do."

For some reason I crack up when I see it.

In Carlito's Way - when the Italian is dancing with Carlito's girl, and Kleinfeld gets all upset about it and starts to shout at him, when they break it up this fat Italian guy comes over to the group and says "Let's go back to the table ovah heeee'" and it is hilarious. Cracks me up anyway. :laugh:

Larry, you are the biggest Trekkie nerd in the entire Federation. :notworthy

Archived