Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gasoline prices may soon see $7.00 - $10.00 a gal.

WVUforREDSKINS

Opec and oil companies don't explain why the cost of gas at many stations rises on consecutive days or multiple times in a single day. It's not like the stations are depleting their supplies and re-purchasing that frequently. It's just plain gouging.

There was a pray-in at a Chevron station in San Francisco on Friday led by a minister asking God for cheaper gas

Whew. Problem solved. :doh:

Dear God. Thank you for giving us the Earth. Now please let us pollute it more economically.

I've started telecommuting almost 100% of the time lately. Most of my actual commuting is by plane. If gas prices do double or triple again, I can't even imagine what the airlines will have to charge for a ticket after their current contract fuel rates expire.

If crude oil hits $200 a barrel and gas is 10.00 per gallon it will open up a whole plethora of possibilities for alternative energy. My guess is if OPEC see's it heading that direction they will increase production to keep the price down. The last thing they want is for another energy source to get a foothold.

Thats a good point, but even if those technologies get a foothold in the US, OPEC still sells a ****-ton of oil to India and China, who are pretty far behind us from a tech standpoint and whose oil consumption is skyrocketing due to their combined population of over 2 BILLION people compared to 300 million in the US.

Personally, i think we need to be investing A LOT into alternative energy with gas prices where they are NOW. We need to get off oil as soon as possible.

The Smart candidate will be talking about:

Anwar, Florida, California Drilling.

Refinaries on old military bases not sold yet. or on one of the 17000 acres of say Ft. riley.

Cars that get over 70mpg a tax refund, HOV use, no property tax if applicable.

1billion dollars to the 1st car manufacture-er to be highway safe and get 150mpg. Or not use gas (insert range over 300ish miles per use)..

etc.

20 to 30 years from now I think we will look back at these gas issues as a blessing in disguise. What I mean is people are sick of having to rely on gas that maybe young kids will get more involved in science and math to find a solution to help us.

Maybe this is what we need to get everyone more excited about the areas of education that will greatly impact the US for years to come.

Personally, i think we need to be investing A LOT into alternative energy with gas prices where they are NOW. We need to get off oil as soon as possible.

I agree 100% with this. It's not just an economic concern, it's a security issue also. :cheers:

2)Maybe the high gas prices will piss off the wacko environmentalists enough to get them to stop protesting drilling in more of our "protected" areas to relieve gas prices until we can find cost-effective, alternative forms of energy.

Yes, damn those maniacs who want to preserve our natural resources!

Start drilling in national parks, endangered wetlands...who needs that crap!

Seriously, this thinking is absurd. Instead of sacrificing our environment even further, why not simply make up the surplus by exporting it all directly out of Iraq? I think the blood of our youth has more than paid for it.

Or just quit stalling and begin using alternative energies NOW. There's no "until" - it can happen tomorrow.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-renegade-concept.html

Jeep will exhibit its new Renegade concept vehicle at the Detroit auto show this week. The two-seater SUV is powered by two electric motors — one on each axle — delivering all-wheel-drive. The 16 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery module provides a range of 40 miles on a single charge.

Driving range is extended by a generator coupled to a small-displacement 1.5-liter Bluetec diesel engine. Renegade has a 400-mile range, and is capable of achieving an equivalent gasoline fuel economy rating of 110 miles per gallon.

1billion dollars to the 1st car manufacture-er to be highway safe and get 150mpg. Or not use gas (insert range over 300ish miles per use)..

Allow electric vehicles to use the HOV lanes?

(Drawback? Tiny, roller skate vehicles sharing the road with the metrobusses?)

They already let hybrids or cars that get a certain gas mileage (i forget what the exact parameter is) use the HOV.

my bad it was extended a year.

In order for a hybrid vehicle to use Virginia’s HOV lanes during the morning and afternoon rush hours, the vehicle must have a clean special fuel plate issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Not all hybrids qualify for clean fuel license plates but the following do: 2004 Honda Civic, 2004 Honda Insight, 2004 Toyota Prius, 2005 Toyota Prius, 2005 Honda Insight, 2005 Honda Civic, 2005 Ford Escape, 2006 Ford Escape, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 2006 Toyota Prius, 2006 Lexus RX400, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2006 Honda Accord, 2006 Honda Civic, 2006 Honda Insight, 2006 Mazda Tribute, 2007 Toyota Camry, 2007 Lexus GS450h, 2007 Lexus RX400h, 2007 Ford Escape, 2007 Mercury Mariner, 2007 Honda Accord, 2007 Honda Civic, 2007 Toyota Highlander, 2007 Toyota Prius, 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5, 2008 Ford Escape, 2008 Honda Civic, 2008 Lexus GS450h, 2008 Lexus RX400h, 2008 Lexus LS600h, 2008 Mazda Tribute, 2008 Mercury Mariner, 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5, 2008 Toyota Camry, 2008 Toyota Highlander, 2008 Toyota Prius. Motorists should check the DMV Web site, www.dmvnow.com for an updated list of eligible hybrids.

I think first we need to stop thinking of chemical fuels.

It's not the future. Near perhaps, but not distant.

I think chemical is exactly where its going to go. Hydrogen is in abundance and the by product of using Hydrogen is another natural resource that could be captured and and reused for more hydrogen, or cleaned to drink ;). Or perhaps a nuclear car.

as gas gets more expensive, there will be more competition. right now there are huge oil banks in canada and other places that cost too much to extract and sell to be worth it, but if oil started jumping up that high in price, it would be worth it and there would then be more oil in the market to drive the prices right back down to a reasonable (:rolleyes: ) price. gas will never make it that high with out repercussions to the current oil leaders.

they are worse

Where? And what are the prices?

Why don't you inform the people that actually LIVE here!?! :rolleyes:

If it ain't America... it's worse. Always a good default argument to fall back on... if you're unintelligent.

In Southern Ontario... we're paying $1.20 (for regular) right now for a litre. 3 litres to a gallon. Montreal, Quebec typically pays about about $0.10-0.15 cents more per litre.

However, out west, it's typically cheaper.

Where? And what are the prices?

Why don't you inform the people that actually LIVE here!?! :rolleyes:

If it ain't America... it's worse. Always a good default argument to fall back on... if you're unintelligent.

In Southern Ontario... we're paying $1.20 (for regular) right now for a litre. 3 litres to a gallon. Montreal, Quebec typically pays about about $0.10-0.15 cents more per litre.

However, out west, it's typically cheaper.

So it comes out to $3.60. A little better. I just found out that the U.S. dollar is more valuable than the Canadian again. Good for us.

Yes, damn those maniacs who want to preserve our natural resources!

Start drilling in national parks, endangered wetlands...who needs that crap!

Seriously, this thinking is absurd. Instead of sacrificing our environment even further, why not simply make up the surplus by exporting it all directly out of Iraq? I think the blood of our youth has more than paid for it.

Or just quit stalling and begin using alternative energies NOW. There's no "until" - it can happen tomorrow.

Excellent idea,but can you tell me what you personally plan to use as far as generating energy?

Seeing as how alt energy can happen now ;)

Either high prices will force drastic change in society,or prices will drop and idiots will continue with the same old habits....just as we have done before.

I think chemical is exactly where its going to go. Hydrogen is in abundance and the by product of using Hydrogen is another natural resource that could be captured and and reused for more hydrogen, or cleaned to drink ;). Or perhaps a nuclear car.

It's the same thing as oil. Oil is a chemical fuel. It needs to have a chemical reaction.

I just don't see that as a long term answer. Hydrogen, oil, plutonium, what's the difference?

Archived