Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gasoline prices may soon see $7.00 - $10.00 a gal.

WVUforREDSKINS

Agreed. It's not like nobody could tell, 20 years ago, that our entire economy was dependent on a monopoly of third-world countries, in a politically unstable part of the world, that are run by politicians who gain power by hating the US more than their rivals, or anything.

But don't worry. Now our economy's held hostage by OPEC and China.

Include liberals, Treehuggers against drilling, Congress, speculators and idiots with the not in my backyard attitude when it comes to refineries

As mentioned in an earlier thread, if gas prices continue to go up there is the easy option for many people of consuming a lot less, through telecommuting or car pooling.

The W&OD trail from Loudoun going east will see a lot more bikes, and a lot of lost weight.

Okay. I have it all figured out now.

I propose that we make the foam by using fossil fuel products to produce corn ethanol, which when combusted would power a mechanism to separate Hydrogen from liquid hydrocarbons. The Hydrogen would then be recombined with Oxygen, with the heat utilized via thermophotovoltaics to directly power a large full-spectrum lighting rig. A solar array would collect and convert this light into totally safe, environmentally friendly storable electricity. It would be stored in a Lithium ion battery for use in making foam.

Since each step is better than directly burning fossil fuels to create useful power, we'd get WAY MORE energy out than we put in at each step.

Actually, one improvement: The solar array would power a massive fan blowing on a windmill, which would mechanically pump water uphill so it could flow through a turbine and charge the battery. Sorry for missing these crucial improvements the first time through.

Include liberals, Treehuggers against drilling, Congress, speculators and idiots with the not in my backyard attitude when it comes to refineries

The NIMBY attitude goes for roads, too. Where else but in Maryland could a major Interstate for the country end in a park and ride, all in the name of "not in my back yard".

Archived