Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite baseball team?

NDSkinsguy

Nats.Switched from the O's as soon as the inked dried on the Nats deal.Nothing like rooting for a home town team.Angleo's trying to stragnle the tv deal only sweetend the deal for me.

Smart move. I could never root for any sports team from Baltimore.

Orioles, no doubt. Simple to me really, I grew up rooting for the Orioles, and I'm not changing loyalties even if a team moves next door to me.

I'll pull for Nats to win as well, I like having an NL team close, but they're not in any way my favorite team.

Same here...

I can't just jump ship after over 20 years. I'm stuck rooting for a Baltimore team (which I'm not thrilled about).

I will always root for the teams I root for switching up doesn't make any sense to me. Two teams for the same sport...nope. Now I understand if your team is out of the PLAYOFFS and you say you will root for X team. However if that is a division rival...Not acceptable.

I have lived in Charlotte for nearly 4 years...only time I root for the Panthers is when they play other NFCE teams...and they suck at that, got swept by the NFCE just a year ago. I loathe their bandwagon fans.

Same here...

I can't just jump ship after over 20 years. I'm stuck rooting for a Baltimore team (which I'm not thrilled about).

The year the Nats came out... I had a t-shirt made that said on the front:

I may be DC born....

and then on the back

...but I am Orioles bred!

then in small print

(screw the nationals)

I got so many comments on it -- people wanted to buy them from me.

Well, I'm a Nats fan as well, and I'm sorry, but according to the "rules of being a true fan" what the guy above did is perfectly acceptable. I refer you to a portion of Rule 19:

19. Once you choose a team, you're stuck with that team for the rest of your life ... unless one of the following conditions applies:

Your team moves to another city. All bets are off when that happens. In fact, if you decided to turn off that sport entirely, nobody would blame you.

You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport -- so you picked a random team -- and then either a.) your city landed a team, or b.) you moved to a city that fielded a team for that specific sport. For instance, one of my Connecticut buddies rooted for the Sixers during the Doctor J Era, then happened to be living in Orlando when the Magic came to town. Now he's a Magic fan. That's acceptable.

So though he was a Baltimore fan, his home city landed a team. He has every right to make the switch.

I always disliked Baltimore, and hated them even more when Angelos started blocking team moves to D.C. I always pulled for specific players, but now I have my own team, and I'm for the Nats through and through. There is no reason why D.C. folks can't switch when they land a team, your objections are incorrect:D

P.S. I hate Cal Ripken.

So though he was a Baltimore fan, his home city landed a team. He has every right to make the switch.

Thats a bit of a strecth. Baltimore is what, 40 miles from DC?

I see that rule more like you live in say, Maine, and you were a Tigers fan. All of a sudden, the Marlins pack up & move to Maine, so now you're a Maine Marlins fan. That's ok.

People in Brooklyn aren't going to be allowed to jump ship to the Nets when they move, just because the Knicks suck. But people in Oklahoma City are going to be allowed to abandon their team (whoever they are) for the Sonics.

Nationals Fan....become a bigger fan than I ever thought I would.

Followed the Yanks a little when i was a kid cuz my Dad grew up a Yankee fan and took me to Yankee Stadium...followed the SF Giants when i stayed out in Cali for the summer & saw a bunch of their games and followed the Phillies after i saw Mulholland throw a no-hitter back in the day and saw their games when i hung in PA during the summers but was never a DIEHARD fan of any team because none was my own.

As i got older and realized that Baltimore was not allowing a team in DC I started to despise them and that will never end.

As soon as DC was told we had a team i was excited and thought that i would probably find rooting interest in baseball. I didnt know if i would casually follow the team or become totally entrenched because having a team to watch/listen to day in and day out in my own back yard was a new thing.

As that first season began I fell in love with baseball and the Nationals and have become a huge fan.

The FIRST PLACE* Baltimore Orioles, thru good times and bad. I'm not some punk who says "I was a huge fan, but Peter Angelos..." or "I was a huge fan, then Cal retired..."

*I probably won't be able to say that in a week, so I have to get it in now. :laugh:

I agree with Doyler23. I grew up an O's fan because I was 4 when the Sens left, so the O's were the only team I knew. I like the Nats, but not quite as much as the O's. Plus, with some of the Nats fans in here that are, let's just say kind of jerky, it has made it hard for me to a Nats fan since I root for all the DC teams.

I agree with Doyler23. I grew up an O's fan because I was 4 when the Sens left, so the O's were the only team I knew. I like the Nats, but not quite as much as the O's. Plus, with some of the Nats fans in here that are, let's just say kind of jerky, it has made it hard for me to a Nats fan since I root for all the DC teams.

Just what I was gonna say, minus the bit about the Sens. :)

O's baby

Same here...

Doesn't sound like you are too enthusiastic about it, by saying you're "stuck" rooting for them. It is what it is. You and I grew up rooting for the O's. There is nothing wrong with that.

Yep.

Bandwagoner.

Bandwagon means that the Nats have had to actually won something which they haven't. Some people have just switched their loyalties to their home city. I was born in DC and grew up in Souther MD, so I just don't see the hatred that others see in Baltimore. MD is technically my home state, so I can't say anything bad about Baldimer.

Smart move. I could never root for any sports team from Baltimore.

Why? See my quote above. If you're going to hate a city, hate Dallass, Texass.

Well, I'm a Nats fan as well, and I'm sorry, but according to the "rules of being a true fan" what the guy above did is perfectly acceptable. I refer you to a portion of Rule 19:

19. Once you choose a team, you're stuck with that team for the rest of your life ... unless one of the following conditions applies:

Your team moves to another city. All bets are off when that happens. In fact, if you decided to turn off that sport entirely, nobody would blame you.

You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport -- so you picked a random team -- and then either a.) your city landed a team, or b.) you moved to a city that fielded a team for that specific sport. For instance, one of my Connecticut buddies rooted for the Sixers during the Doctor J Era, then happened to be living in Orlando when the Magic came to town. Now he's a Magic fan. That's acceptable.

I always disliked Baltimore, and hated them even more when Angelos started blocking team moves to D.C. I always pulled for specific players, but now I have my own team, and I'm for the Nats through and through. There is no reason why D.C. folks can't switch when they land a team, your objections are incorrect:D

P.S. I hate Cal Ripken.

Im no Oriole fan by any means but im not sure how you can hate Cal Ripken?

I look at Cal Ripken like i do for someone like Emmit Smith....he was a great player on a team that i didnt like.

It would be like a Cowboy fan saying they hated Darrell Green.

You should get a vacation for this comment. I really don't know how you can say that after all he did for baseball and the way he conducted himself in his career. You sir, have zero knowledge of baseball.

seriously.... you can hate the O's. But there is no sports fan on earth that can hate Cal.

Archived