Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite baseball team?

NDSkinsguy

Well growing up in the DC area I followed the Orioles casually and now I live in Richmond and we have the Braves shoved down throats. I am now a Nationals fan. Feels good to have a Washington team to root for, so maybe I'll try and follow it more closely.

I was never a big baseball fan because there are just two many games to watch and follow. I usually become a baseball fan when the post-season starts.

Seattle Mariners fan. Always have been (since I basically spent most of my childhood going to the Kingdome to watch them play). A few years ago, I had to start to root for the Yankees as well because all of the old Mariners came to NY to play. I go to the O's games when I can just to watch some baseball. I also have made it a tradition to go to the 4th of July game in DC since the Nats came to town.

Orioles fan. Not switching to the Nats cause times got tough.

Seattle Mariners fan. Always have been (since I basically spent most of my childhood going to the Kingdome to watch them play). A few years ago, I had to start to root for the Yankees as well because all of the old Mariners came to NY to play. I go to the O's games when I can just to watch some baseball. I also have made it a tradition to go to the 4th of July game in DC since the Nats came to town.

FYI, we're loving the Bedard trade. Thanks :)

The FIRST PLACE* Baltimore Orioles, thru good times and bad. I'm not some punk who says "I was a huge fan, but Peter Angelos..." or "I was a huge fan, then Cal retired..."

*I probably won't be able to say that in a week, so I have to get it in now. :laugh:

The FIRST PLACE* Baltimore Orioles, thru good times and bad. I'm not some punk who says "I was a huge fan, but Peter Angelos..."

I hate those people. Their allegiance to the Skins runs strong, but not as strong as their baseball team. As soon as a closer team moves by, it's "oops! I hate Angelos! I'm a Nats fan now!"

What if DC got a second football team, hypothetically? Would they be saying "Oh, I hate Snyder, I'm not a Skins fan anymore!"

How convenient. :rolleyes:

Orioles fan through and through. Granted, I am not a big Peter Angelos fan but he's not going anywhere anytime soon, and I refuse to let him ruin my fandom of the O's.

I know there are plenty of people who keep reminding us during this 6 game win streak that we're the Orioles and we're bound to fall apart, but hey, the law of averages tell me that we won't miss the playoffs forever, and when we finally do make it in again, the whole year leading up to that we'll be reminded that we'll somehow find a way to blow up again. Probably not this year, but hopefully we'll be in the playoffs again by 2010, provided GM Andy MacPhail's rebuilding plan comes to fruition.

Go O's!

I watch as many games as I can. It has been painful to see what the FO has done to the Major League and the Minors over the years. It is nice to see that the team has shown that they have a plan. I never even thought of switching to the Nats. It wasn't an option in my mind.

Archived