Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite baseball team?

NDSkinsguy

I'm not some punk who says "I was a huge fan, but Peter Angelos..." or "I was a huge fan, then Cal retired..."
I believe O's fans are weary of Nats fans because there has been a constant theme of disrespect FROM Nats fans to the O's on this board.

Too funny.

Too funny.

I wasn't disrespecting anyone directly. I was just pointing out that if you dropped one of those lines, "I was a huge fan, but..." Those folks weren't really fans. Just poseurs.

It's too damn easy to be a fan when you're in the playoffs, or have a hall of famer (or two and eventually four) like the 97 O's. Its damn hard to be a fan when times are rough.

you have a team though, you have a new stadium.... just because your team is televised on his network means he has declared war on your team?? I just don't get what you are complaining about. He wanted to be the only baseball owner in the area, that wasn't going to happen. So if he couldn't be there all by himself he wanted a piece of the pie. It's not like you can't see Nat's games... MASN is on every cable and sat network now.

The thing is, he did everything in his power to keep a team out of DC, and talked **** about DC and Washingtonians in the process. Just because he failed in his quest to keep a team out of DC doesn't mean I just overlook everything he did.

You say "that wasn't going to happen" about him being the only owner in the area. Well it very nearly did happen, and he had Selig convinced for years that MLB shouldn't put a team in DC. In fact, MLB had instructed the Expos to prepare for contraction several years ago, and that would have happened if it weren't for the MLB players association stepping forward and saying there's no way they'd agree to contraction. So they moved the Expos to DC as a last resort, but Angelos nearly got his way.

I was a customer of his for years, but then he had the nerve to say there are no baseball fans in Washington. It would be like any other business you've supported for years going on TV and radio and talking **** about its customers. I'd stop buying the product.

And the first year the Nats were in DC, we couldn't even watch the games because of the squabble that Angelos created. I can't tell you how maddening that was. After 33 years without a team, we finally get one and we couldn't even watch the games.

Sure, we have our team and our stadium now, no thanks to Angelos. But the damage is done.

I just can't see holding such a grudge over it... that's all. I think DC fans have everything and more now and should just be happy.

I'm happy, don't get me wrong. I love having baseball in DC. I'm ecstatic about it. But Angelos definitely unwittingly created a rivalry with his actions.

Funny thing is, Raven fans hate the Skins much worse than Nats fans hate the O's, yet the Nats have much more of a reason to hate the O's.

JKC didn't want a football team in Baltimore, but he didn't go to the lengths that Angelos went to. Not even close.

I'll never forget the time I was yelled at by a cop in Baltimore because I had a Redskins decal on my car. Dude was pissed. He said "Get outta here you damn Redskin fan!" :laugh:

I'm happy, don't get me wrong. I love having baseball in DC. I'm ecstatic about it. But Angelos definitely unwittingly created a rivalry with his actions.

Funny thing is, Raven fans hate the Skins much worse than Nats fans hate the O's, yet the Nats have much more of a reason to hate the O's.

JKC didn't want a football team in Baltimore, but he didn't go to the lengths that Angelos went to. Not even close.

I'll never forget the time I was yelled at by a cop in Baltimore because I had a Redskins decal on my car. Dude was pissed. He said "Get outta here you damn Redskin fan!" :laugh:

I am a Skins fan living in Baltimore... I know. We have had our home and car vandalized for having Skins stuff on them. So now no more flag out side and the magnets come off when we get home...

Guess many people hate the ownership more than they love the team.

Interesting considering this teams owner and the hatred that is spread from time to time. I have no problems with Dan and what he does, with the exception of a few moves (Sanders and Spurrier for example).

Still love the Redskins however. And always will. Will I buy into every promo you send and what not, no. But I have money to burn and still wont buy any current players jerseys, the crappy cave seats, on two days notice, etc. . They thrive off of ignorant or younger fans without the history, sometimes even the next generation. I own no current player jerseys, I do own a Taylor (pause) jersey (and have plans for one more), but only because my little sister bought it for me.

I have a Murray and Ripken jersey, I have considered a few others, but in reality...Why do I need them, I only go to a game or two per season.

From JLC today:

Randoms: A lot of Nats fans have jumped all over me for remarks I made on Comcast about the empty seats at the first game at the new ballpark and my concerns over the attendance there. Well, since then they've failed to draw to draw 25,000 to a game, with entire sections of the park appearing vacant on TV the other night. And the weather yesterday was as good as it's been in seemingly forever. Again, try to convince me how this is a great omen? From what I am told the season ticket base this season is less than it was the first year back at RFK, and they project to 2.3 million fans or so in the first year of a brand new park with a team that is supposed to be on the upswing. don't get wrong, I love baseball and most of all love the fact that there's a spanking new park 10 minutes away from my house now . I'm not hating and I wish the Nats all the best and I'll be in the stands for many an afternoon game with Chloe by my side. But I have reservations about Washington as a true baseball town. Hope I'm wrong ...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/04/position_glance_quarterback.html

Archived