RWJ

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8021102433.html

Click link for entire article

Redskins' Offseason: It's On

Getting Elite Receiver Is Team's Top Priority

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, February 12, 2008; E01

Numerous league sources, including some with direct knowledge of conversations between Snyder, Cerrato and recent head coaching candidates, have affirmed that the Redskins have interest in trading for Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson, with two league sources saying Johnson is eager to land a hefty new contract from Washington.

Acquiring an elite receiver is Snyder's top priority, league sources said. The Bengals have said they have no intention of trading Johnson, but his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is working quietly to broker a deal, the sources said.

The Redskins also are expected to again pursue Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs, another Rosenhaus client they attempted to trade for last offseason.

All the Chad Johnson fans might get their wish. There goes our 1st round choice + others? He'd be solid for 3 to 4 yrs. Why we want to pursue Lance Briggs is beyond me. We are set pretty well at LB. We need DL's.

How the heck can this team afford two mega contracts this off-season? I like Briggs, but go draft someone to come in and play.

I would love to have CJ, but at what cost? He is going to ask for mega money and Cincy is going to want at least a first round pick.

I kind of hope this is the media just being the media.

What if Rocky doesn't come back until 2009 at the earliest? What if Marcus Washington's nagging injuries continue into 2008 and sideline him for games at a time? What if, God forbid, Fletcher starts to actually show his age? lol...

I'm not convinced we're set at linebacker yet...

I think the injury riddled year will be by Marcus and I think with the offseason Rocky will be ready to go by the start of the season. We need DL help more than anything. Help on the OL is needed to.

We don't need Briggs. If Vinny tries to get him again this year, and we end up giving up a lot, it would suck.

As far as CJ, I don't mind having him, but I wouldn't want to give our 1st rounder this year to get him (maybe a future 1st rounder but not this year's). I'd rather us use that pick to get a solid D-lineman.

I would not be surprised at all to see Snyderatto try and pull off a trade for Chad Johnson.

Some teams always seem to aquire extra draft picks. We prefer to trade em away.

I'm not opposed to the possibility of aquiring CJ, but I'm confident that if we make a deal we'll give up too much to aquire him.

It would be nice to actually go into a draft with our full complement of picks. We're already short a pick for this years and the 09 draft!

Archived