Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Reese Witherspoon

daveakl

How is it that she says:

"If actresses take their clothes off, they objectify themselves," she tells the UK edition of Glamour. "I am flabbergasted by how many legitimate actresses do it."

And yet she was naked in a movie?

I must respond with a question:

Which movie?

How is it that she says:

"If actresses take their clothes off, they objectify themselves," she tells the UK edition of Glamour. "I am flabbergasted by how many legitimate actresses do it."

And yet she was naked in a movie?

By having done it and being able to look back on her own decision, doesnt it give her opinion MORE legitimacy?

They say hindsight is 20/20.

as if actors are somehow smarter than the rest of you?!!

Uh, most hollywood stars are college DROPOUTS who are less educated than we are. Why anyone listens to them is beyond me.

Did Oprah even get a Masters Degree?

I don't think that anyone questions Oprah's intelligence or business ability, do they.

Plus, I know plenty of people with advanced degrees who are dumber than :pooh:

as if actors are somehow smarter than the rest of you?!!

Uh, most hollywood stars are college DROPOUTS who are less educated than we are. Why anyone listens to them is beyond me.

Did Oprah even get a Masters Degree?

I know people that are doing extremely well running their own business that never stepped foot in college. Knowledge is one thing but being "smart" has nothing to do with how many degrees you have hanging on your wall. You question Oprah, yet look at her success? She is worth over 2.5 billion dollars. I wonder how many in grad school right now will ever match her success.

Personally, I think most actresses should just get it out of the way early in their career so that they don't end up getting repeated requests to do it. Once it is done, the pressure is off.

Course, some, like Kate Winslet, drop their clothes like it was nothing and never seem to lose dignety for doing it.

Jason

I know people that are doing extremely well running their own business that never stepped foot in college. Knowledge is one thing but being "smart" has nothing to do with how many degrees you have hanging on your wall. You question Oprah, yet look at her success? She is worth over 2.5 billion dollars. I wonder how many in grad school right now will ever match her success.

LMAO this discussion reminds me of the skits from the first Kanye West album.

You get that associate degree, okay,

Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters

Then you get your master's masters,

Then you get your doctorate,

You go man, then when everybody says quit

You show them those degree man, when

Everybody says hey, your not working,

Your not making in money,

You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,

Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,

But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,

And these guys are out here making

Money all these ways, and i'm spending mine to be smart.

You know why?

Because when i die, buddy, you know

What's going to keep me warm? that right, those degrees

I adore her, but she's waaaaay off base here.

Reese, you've made a nice career and some cutesie roles, but you are FAR from a preeminent actress.

Go ask Helen Mirren, Halle Berry, or any of the others in a long line of wonderful, Oscar winning actresses who have take their clothes off for roles. It's part of being an actor - being real, being vulnerable. If you automatically equate nudity with objectification, that's a pretty sad, puritanical view of the human body and art in general. Are you so appalled by Michelangelo's David, too?

Your luscious tits were completely gratuitous in Twilight too. Pot, meet kettle.

Your luscious tits were completely gratuitous in Twilight too. Pot, meet kettle.

They were lovely, weren't they?

Oh, and Reese? Nobody really gives a crap what you have to say. We'll pay a lot more attention, though, if you say it topless.

I saw her boobies in Fear. I never saw Twilight.

Anyway, I don't think you should pass judgements in cases like this. I mean unless we're talking about SkinaMax after dark, you can't just call all nudity scenes gratuitous and claim they objectify women. As far as I'm concerned, a good nude scene helps me to pay better attention. It helps me grasp what the actress is trying to convey.

Archived