Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long until you ask someone to be your girlfriend/boyfriend

SkinsFanRob

I have been dating this girl for almost a month now but techniquely we are not Bf/Gf yet. In my past realationships I usually tried to move things along a bit quicker but I really like this girl and I dont want to scare her off by rushing things. So my question is how long should I wait to make things official? How long does everyone here wait?

Be yourself and do it when it feels right to you, Rob. Starting a relationship by "playing the game," isn't the best idea, IMO. If she's on the same page, great. If not, then there may be a reason for that.

*edit* BTW, my divorce was final today, so I may not be the absolute authority on relationships. :laugh:

I think it depends on the woman. If she is confident and goes after things she wants, then she will let you know. If she is reserved and likes it when you make the first move, then you need to make the move.

Who started your first kiss? You our her? That "could" be your answer.

My wife is one of the confident ones. We dated for a month and she made the first move. We have been together for 11 years now.

it probably doesn't matter, but as mentioned, depends on the type of girl. If she is outgoing, then she may ask first. If she is shy, then it's that much more comforting if you ask, chancer are it will help put her at rest and more comfortable around you anyways.

Also, to people who said it doesn't matter, it also depends on the guy. Some guys like closure and knowing, while other guys don't really care. I've had plenty of friends who are usually good at sleeping around ask if they should ask this girl they're dating?

Main point, just let it happen naturally.

I don't think you ever have to. You just see each other and it becomes natural. Don't label the relationship until you buy a ring. You ain't in HS anymore.

this one sounds good to me.....especially since this is how 99% of my relationships ended up starting. no talk of 'let be official' or 'let be bf/gf' we just spent time together until it was natural

or until i didnt like it anymore and got her to break up with me... :)

Archived