Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are so many American boys failing in school?

Thanos

Too much ****ing Myspace and video games.
Wait, so video games don't affect people's personalities when it comes to actions such as violence, but it does with their learning ability? Or are you just saying they spend too much time playing and not enough learning?

Personally, I think American's priorities have shifted. Personal entertainment is now priority number 1.

I blame Mark Brunell.

i'm deathly serious on this matter.My alma mater is almost 70% female.Sure its great if you are a male student there,but this will have wide ranging ramifications for the futre.More and more women are forgoing marriage in large part because the pool is so shallow.

I seriously doubt a woman working on her MBA wll get with the mechanic at Merchant's.But that's neither hear nor there.

i think its a due to a myriad of factors to include fewer male teachers as role models within the public education system.

i'm deathly serious on this matter.My alma mater is almost 70% female.Sure its great if you are a male student there,but this will have wide ranging ramifications for the futre.More and more women are forgoing marriage in large part because the pool is so shallow.

Yes it will have wide-ranging ramifications, but it's also a matter of a break-down in social norms and proper roles for each gender.

I think boys are failing because I don't think males respond to kinder gentler education and culture. Less discipline is worse for boys than girls lets face it little boys (and men) pride themselves in how much crap they can get away with. Boys are more active and aggressive then females in a society that is becoming more passive and less disciplined male nature works against them in the early years.

I think boys are failing because I don't think males respond to kinder gentler education and culture. Less discipline is worse for boys than girls lets face it little boys (and men) pride themselves in how much crap they can get away with. Boys are more active and aggressive then females in a society that is becoming more passive and less disciplined male nature works against them in the early years.

Now that I will agree with you 100%.

:applause::applause::applause:

Getting decent grades k-12 is easy as long as people put effort into it. I personally don't give a damn if my male counterparts are failing, serves them right for not taking an interest in learning. Maybe it is because I'm from a minority family, but my parents forced my siblings and I to take an interest in reading and learning. We were taught to ignore the pointless **** growing up and now my sister and I are doing well in our respective universities.

I actually heard a figure on a radio show citing that upwards of 60% of men now are passive in personality.

We are afraid to initiate.

...no time to study because they have all these nymphomaniac teachers hounding them for sex... :whoknows:
funny, cuz i was going to say that it was cuz there werent enough hot teachers. why would you go the extra mile and work your butt off for a teacher who wasnt hot and you werent trying to impress?

A partial list:

Not considered cool

Schools are organized and run in a way not friendly to boys

Most rights of passage have become obsolete, illegeal, watered down

Paranoia about all male groups ie. Boy Scouts, Church Groups, sports

Stress on female education has ignored and in some cases harmed males

Boys don't enjoy many of the things done in school, and with cuts in extracurriculars from NCLB this will continue.

Develop more slowly then girls, and are grouped behind from early grades

Willingness to let them fail...pick themselves up...try again no longer popular

Almost no all boy activites any more means less bonding...less bonding means fewer friends....means less working togeather

Parents are totally flippin' out of control, mega managers, and snoops "advocating" for their child every minute of every day, attacking all who question the possibility that little Jr. may have done something wrong

Stuff boys are interested in are taboo in school

No neighborhood is safe enough now to allow kids to roam around and learn stuff on their own

Proliferation of CD, computer, multi media, movies, T.V. 1000s of cabel channels and people who think it's allright to never crack a book infront of their kids because "they don't have time and get all their news from AM radio.

Ok. I feel better now

funny, cuz i was going to say that it was cuz there werent enough hot teachers. why would you go the extra mile and work your butt off for a teacher who wasnt hot and you werent trying to impress?

You got it all wrong. You want to get the teachers attention by doing poorly. That way she can "tutor" you after school, preferably at her house.

Why don't we go right into my bedroom Jimmy and I'll teach you Human Anatomy 101 in there. Yes, Ms. Johnson.

Guest sith lord
It's pretty uncool to be to smart nowadays.

Bingo. Smarts is out and ignorance is in. BIGTIME! I could go on and on at what I've noticed, but I don't have the time.

EDIT: I'll just say this. School have become nothing more than a place to hang out with their friends to some of these kids.

Archived