Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Hopkins and Atlas made a VERY good point concerning Manny. As Manny walked to the post fight podium, they thought he looked way to satisfied and thought he was too satisfied leading up to the fight. Taking selfies walking to the ring?

I was very disappointed. Especially when he threw his hands up after the fight. I know some guys do that a lot, but seriously? It wasn't even close. I was embarrased for him.

Hopkins and Atlas made a VERY good point concerning Manny. As Manny walked to the post fight podium, they thought he looked way to satisfied and thought he was too satisfied leading up to the fight. Taking selfies walking to the ring?

I thought Manny looked that way during the fight, especially from about the 7th round on. He connected on a few flurries here and there, but he never seemed determined to do anything extraordinary in the fight to take it.

Edited by NoCalMike

Well then of course Floyd said he had injuries going into the fight too blah blah.

Sidenote: Do those Tecate girls not get paid if they drop their smile for a second? It is freaky how they are just standing there with a frozen smile on their faces.

Floyd is easy to hate but I do respect that he gives his opponents so much love after the fight

Nice gesture, but not super-noble, because it's easy to show love to your opponent after you just beat him.

The true test of a man's character is if he can do that, after a loss.

Not at all, it was a great fight-- for what boxing is.  Hence, this was the end of boxing the average sports fan probably cannot name another boxer. Boxing is dead, UFC is the future. 

Well it was the best fight on the card. I'll give it that.

It was the only fight on the card, that did not have the same fighter winning every single round.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

What can I say, Floyd is one hell of a defensive fighter. I thought the holding was overboard, but he won the fight.

First of all, props to you for following thru on the bet. (Even tho it's damn near invisible but in your defense there were no font stipulations so I digress)

Secondly, to address a couple of points made:

-If this fight happens in 2009/10 Floyd stops Paq. If anybody wants my reasoning behind it, I have no prob going into detail.

-I won't pick a winner between Floyd vs (Past Great) but I will say this.. Not just in boxing but in ANY sport, when a comparison is made between a present star and a past legend, the human nature bias in us tends to lean towards the past legends. Not saying I would or wouldn't. Depends on who we're talking about. But just something to ponder when making these fantasy matches.

-That shoulder injury **** is bologna. Donaire did that same bs after Rigo took him to school. If it were a legit shoulder injury then I do understand how it could've have played a part in the fight but why didn't we hear about it until after?? Floyd injured his rotator cuff in his left shoulder during the last week of camp for the 1st Castillo fight which a lot of ppl believe he loss. So I can see how it could affect him. But still, it was known BEFORE the fight, not after.

-To anybody who continues to discredit Floyd as being one of the all time greats because of the competition he's faced, what I say is this.. There are fighters that are A or B level fighters when they step in the ring with Floyd. He finds a way to make them look like C or D fighters. That shouldn't be a knock on them but more so a testament to Floyd. Of course many of you beg to differ bc of your dislike for Floyd and/or your love for pass greats, etc... but in actuality that's just the way it is. He makes good and great fighters look average and ordinary. 

-Lastly, to the earlier issue of Michelle Beadle and Rachel Nichols being banned from MGM. It was spun to look as if Floyd denied their credentials because of their stance on his domestic violence issues but that really wasn't the case. The real reason was actually well-known before this whole thing leaked. Apparently media passes were extremely limited for this fight. One rep from each company/station/network was allowed a pass. So since their company had already used their pass on a colleague, these 2 ladies were denied entry.

• Like 1

Nice gesture, but not super-noble, because it's easy to show love to your opponent after you just beat him.

The true test of a man's character is if he can do that, after a loss.

Super-noble, no. I doubt any but his biggest fans would claim that of any of his actions. Notable, to me yes. For a guy with the rep he has it's notable and commendable that he at least makes it a point to praise his opponents skill and prowess after defeating them.

The last time Floyd lost was the olympics in a fight even the dude who was declared the winner seemed to think Floyd had won. Floyd bowed to all four corners of the ring and hugged his coach.

I'm not a Floyd fan. Floyd beat my favorite boxer, Shane Mosley, much the same way he beat Pac tonight. But I noted he gave Shane props after doing so and it's always struck me as very counter to the perception of him as a fighter and something I respect about him.

Manny should not have refused the random drug testing. Then the fight would have happened in 2009.

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't about the drug testing but the timing and style of testing. It was about it being Olympic style testing where they draw blood and mayweather wanted the test to occur up to the weigh in, because he knew it freaked out Pac.

Pac evidently hates getting blood drawn, had it done that close to the fight before resulting in one of his losses.

He actually agreed to the test up to the press conference, then again immediately following the fight and mayweather said no.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Think you are correct Taze. I would have to look it up though.

May had the testing, Manny had the money ironically.

Both are responsible partially for the delay. Too many other factors involved for some of the casual fans.

Not for nothing, I think the fight would have played out the same way 5-6 years ago.

That fight signifies all the reasons boxing is a dead sport.  I had a bunch of people over and rented it.  I might never pay per view a boxing match again.

Not sure what you were expecting.  It was a classic Mayweather fight.  He's not some KO artist...he's a smart, tactical boxer, who will wear down his opponent. 

• Like 1

Not sure what you were expecting.  It was a classic Mayweather fight.  He's not some KO artist...he's a smart, tactical boxer, who will wear down his opponent. 

I was expecting Pacquiao to show up.  I know how Mayweather fights.  Again, that fight signifies why boxing is dead.  Pac was there to get paid.  Never saw him smile so much.

Pac is no warrior.  He did just enough to make it look like he tried.

• Like 1

I was expecting Pacquiao to show up.  I know how Mayweather fights.  Again, that fight signifies why boxing is dead.  Pac was there to get paid.  Never saw him smile so much.

I totally agree. It seemed as if he was just happy to be there and wasn't focused. I didn't say anything but I cringed when he stood up there and suggested he and Mayweather go to bible study after the fight and we he said God will deliver him to me. He seemed to be bending over backwards to be Mayweather's friend. Definitely disappointed in Manny leading up to this fight.

I totally agree. It seemed as if he was just happy to be there and wasn't focused. I didn't say anything but I cringed when he stood up there and suggested he and Mayweather go to bible study after the fight and we he said God will deliver him to me. He seemed to be bending over backwards to be Mayweather's friend. Definitely disappointed in Manny leading up to this fight.

Honestly? Yeah. I had Mayweather winning, but still expected more from Manny. It really looked like a switch went off around the 7th round where inside his head he was like "I am just going to keep doing this and whatever happens, happens"  

It was too loud in the house I was in to really hear what Roach and the rest of Manny's corner was saying in-between rounds. I could hear Mayweather Sr yelling at Floyd to "do more" but I couldn't really hear what Roach was saying. 

All this anger and frustration being thrown towards Floyd, really should be directed towards Pac. He is the one who didn't really bring a game plan to beat Floyd. He was the one with the low output, low connection rate etc etc etc. Floyd just did what Floyd does and there was nothing Pac did to counter it or force Floyd to adjust.

I knew it was over the second Pac came out taking a selfie before entering the ring.  Where was his focus? 

• Like 1

Think you are correct Taze. I would have to look it up though.

May had the testing, Manny had the money ironically.

Both are responsible partially for the delay. Too many other factors involved for some of the casual fans.

Not for nothing, I think the fight would have played out the same way 5-6 years ago.

Yeah, I think ultimately Floyd would have won back then too, just would have been closer.