Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ghosts, Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, Mothman, etc.

WVUforREDSKINS

I'll tell you though. What I'm most excited about, in terms of exploration, is what lives in our oceans that we haven't seen yet. We've barely scratched the surface (pun intended) in terms of ocean exploration. I'm quite confident there are literally thousands of species there we haven't seen. Quite honestly, I'm more interested in that than even exploring the heavens. There's so much down here we still have to learn.

I fully agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

"Though it matches the audio profile of a living creature, there is no known animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it would have to be, reportedly, much larger than even a Blue Whale, according to scientists who have studied the phenomenon"

The Kraken

Below the thunders of the upper deep;

Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,

His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep

The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee

About his shadowy sides; above him swell

Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;

And far away into the sickly light,

From many a wondrous grot and secret cell

Unnumber'd and enormous polypi

Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.

There hath he lain for ages, and will lie

Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,

Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;

Then once by man and angels to be seen,

In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

-- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

www.mythicalrealm.com/creatures/kraken.html

I'm pretty sold on the idea that some type of paranormal activity exists with ghosts or ghostly beings. For the most part, "ghost" sightings are just residual, which is like seeing a photograph of a person's energy (I'm still on the fence for intelligent ghosts).

Either way, the question should be does paranormal activity prove that there is life after death?

I always thought that was the bigger mystery.

Yes, Not sure, Eh, Yes.

I've had an encounter with a ghost, in Georgia. It was not scary.

The Mothman scares me, but fascinates me. I don't see how all of those peoples' accounts of one thing at around the same time could be made up or fake.

We are not the only creatures on or outside this earth or universe, nor did we create it or ourselves. Nothing surprises me about what is discovered. It only fascinates me.....

p.s. i thought i was viewing Tales from the Crypt when looking at those deep sea creatures (!)

Besides the immense amount of the deep ocean we haven't even begun to search, many parts of the deep rainforest in both Africa and South America remain largely mysterious due to just how damn hard it is to travel around in there. It's not just a matter of crazy legends like dinosaur-like animals, but more realistically and practically, numerous kinds of undiscovered animals and even plants that could potentially offer beneficial purposes to us. The earth is still a pretty fascinating place.
New things found every day!

Giant rat found in 'lost world'

They found these two suckers in an Indonesia jungle. Giant rat indeed, thing is the size of a cat.

art.giant.rat.jpgart.possum.jpg And this cute lil pygmy possum.

One thing I noticed is that on all these shows on discovery channel it only seems to be catholics that experience hauntings. Then they always have a preist come and bless the house, perform an excersim, etc.

Why don't Jews, Muslims, or athiets ever seem to have ghosts/demons?

Also, if there are ghosts, what does that say about the afterlife or lack of it? Heaven/Hell??

I definitely believe in Bigfoot, just because I find it fun to believe. Once a month or so my friends and I always drive out to the backwood roads and go driving around "bigfoot hunting", creepy thing is once we came to this gated dirt road deep in the woods, and on the gate was a sign with an image of bigfoot feet.

Also we always ask each other this question, if you were driving around and you hit a bigfoot, what would you do would you stop and see, cause chances are if you didn't kill it, it's gonna be pissed.

I'm pretty sold on the idea that some type of paranormal activity exists with ghosts or ghostly beings. For the most part, "ghost" sightings are just residual, which is like seeing a photograph of a person's energy (I'm still on the fence for intelligent ghosts).

Either way, the question should be does paranormal activity prove that there is life after death?

I always thought that was the bigger mystery.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I am with you on the ghosts, but you have seen one? And I only ask out of curiosity. I have. I looked a ghost in the eyes down a long hall way and then the unthinkable happened, he shut a door. It was like looking at a faint image of a real person. His eyes were as real as anyone else's, I will never forget the glare I got.

The cool thing was three other people were there but not in viewing area, and they all lived at that house, I did not. When the door shut, loudly, I turned and looked at them and they all said, you just saw the ghost did'nt you? Apparently they called him Walter and he comes around every fall. The story goes that he returned from war and his wife and child either left or were dead upon his return. He comes back every fall looking for them the same as he did that night.

Now that might lead to your photo, or residual effect idea, but wow that ghost locked eyes with me and that is something I will never forget. It did not seem as if he was going through the motions, but instead he stopped and stared and then opened and shut the door.

Ghost? Seen them, heard them, and had them make coffee for the family on a few occasions. Long story that I won't get into just now.

My boss on the other hand has photographed "Orbs". Small balls of lights that travel through and around his 80 acre farm.

They look something like this:

spirit-orbs-2.jpg

I am with you on the ghosts, but you have seen one?

No, I haven't really experienced anything I can truly say is paranormal. I'm just interested in the subject. And, I'm very open to the idea.

I do happen to love the show "Ghost Hunters," though. Good stuff.

Ghosts, well maybe. I have felt some very odd mojo on two occasions in some spots that were ripe for haunting if there is such a thing.

But....there is almost nothing as good as a real folk lore ghost story. Realo classics. There was a series of famous hauntings in D.C. Baltimore, Fredrick Co., ect. Great reading!

I find it very interesting that many of the posters in this thread readily scoff at the possibility of remaining survivors of old species like "Loch Ness Monster" or "Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch" (which would only indicate prehistoric remnants of what used to be an everyday animal) but seem willing to buy that the dead can somehow resurrect as a misty spirit and haunt you. Animals are around you every day of your life and you can't make room for 2 more but ghosts are real? LOL! :)

UFOs? I'm a believer but have never seen proof in person.

The idea of a large land mammal that has existed under our nose for so long is absurd to me.

Bodies? Fur? Scat? Den? Anything other than footprints? hey... if you want footprints, I can get you footprints. Just send over size specifications, I'll send you plaster casts and photos back in about a week.

They've managed to photograph a living giant squid in the millions upon millions of square mile of ocean, some of it miles deep. But nothing for bigfoot, who lives in Oregon. Who believes this garbage? seriously

One thing I noticed is that on all these shows on discovery channel it only seems to be catholics that experience hauntings. Then they always have a preist come and bless the house, perform an excersim, etc.

Why don't Jews, Muslims, or athiets ever seem to have ghosts/demons?

Also, if there are ghosts, what does that say about the afterlife or lack of it? Heaven/Hell??

I have no idea where you are getting that catholic thing from but priests are rare. Normally they have some bogus psychic come through and "read" the house. It borders on witchcraft and certainly not in line with any catholic doctrine.

In fact it's common to find stories of ghosts or haunted areas in cultures throughout human history. In the US the most haunted places have nothing to do with catholicism. Civil war battlefields, old prisons, hotels, etc

Ghost? Seen them, heard them, and had them make coffee for the family on a few occasions. Long story that I won't get into just now.

My boss on the other hand has photographed "Orbs". Small balls of lights that travel through and around his 80 acre farm.

They look something like this:

spirit-orbs-2.jpg

Coffee. Are you being serious? (i.e. serially?) :silly:

OMGOSH. That is so creepy. Do you think those are the souls of people circulating around the earth or something? My friend visited Savannah, Georgia this summer and had a few of them in her pictures, in DAYLIGHT, and it freaked us out. Savannah, by the way, has a lot of ghost stories-say they have a lot of haunting ghosts from the civil war.

Creeeepy.

The idea of a large land mammal that has existed under our nose for so long is absurd to me.

Bodies? Fur? Scat? Den? Anything other than footprints? hey... if you want footprints, I can get you footprints. Just send over size specifications, I'll send you plaster casts and photos back in about a week.

They've managed to photograph a living giant squid in the millions upon millions of square mile of ocean, some of it miles deep. But nothing for bigfoot, who lives in Oregon. Who believes this garbage? seriously

There are scat and fur samples that don't test for any known animal. With no organism (dead or alive) to match them with, there is no proof. Nobody can argue with you until one is caught, killed, or found dead.

The Kraken

Below the thunders of the upper deep;

Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,

His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep

The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee

About his shadowy sides; above him swell

Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;

And far away into the sickly light,

From many a wondrous grot and secret cell

Unnumber'd and enormous polypi

Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.

There hath he lain for ages, and will lie

Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,

Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;

Then once by man and angels to be seen,

In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

-- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

www.mythicalrealm.com/creatures/kraken.html

Or could possibly this ugly thing:

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

The most detailed descriptions of Cthulhu in "The Call of Cthulhu" are based on statues of the creature. One, constructed by an artist after a series of baleful dreams, is said to have "yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature.... A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings."[7] Another, recovered by police from a raid on a murderous cult, "represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind."[8]

When the creature finally appears, the story says that the "thing cannot be described", but it is called "the green, sticky spawn of the stars", with "flabby claws" and an "awful squid-head with writhing feelers". The phrase "a mountain walked or stumbled" gives a sense of the creature's scale.[9]

Personally, that bloop sound is more ominous and freaky sounding to me then anything, considering that it could be anything. Regardless, it's bigger then anything we've ever seen, and that really ... really scares me. :(

Archived