Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

Quote:

Originally Posted by drl

Billecheck will force us to wear burgandy jerseys.

Nothing. I like those jerseys. In fact I say we wear the 3rd jerseys to try and play outside ourselves this Sunday. Our superstition of wearing whites at home leads many to believe we fear the burgandy jerseys. That'll be Billecheck's first of many jerk moves next Sunday.

No. It's just the most well known military exercise that vividly explains the point I'm trying to make. Custer took an inferior force onto enemy ground, did everything wrong and the only member of his unit to survive was one horse smart enough to run away when Sitting Bull's braves descended like a plague of Angels of Death upon the 7th Cavalry.

If you can come up with a better analogy, I'm more than happy to look at it and use it.

How about the Road to Basra, 1991...and the Skins are the Iraqi army... :laugh:

Much like the Y2K issue - anyone know if the Patriot's scoreboard is equipped to handle triple digit scores?

It won't be the defense's fault. They will be on the field 85% of the whole game...and at some point will need to rest (4th quarter).

I just think Brady should get a fine from the NFL when he takes the field w/ his eyes taped shut sporting a harnessed service dog....that is gonna be cold.

Dear God Kevin, can't we just sit back and enjoy a win we squeaked out, before we start wo whine about next weeks game. It's a win, and a week to get our line heathier before we go to play the Pats

I agree. Let's enjoy today's sloppy 2nd half win. Although I did make a date w/a Pats fan to watch next weeks game (planned since late August).:point2sky

In my 22 years watching Redskins this is only the 4th game ever, that I truly belived we would loose.

The good news is the skins are 2-1 in those games

1986 Playoffs vs the Bears (Played in January 87). thought there was no way we would win! (We did)

1995 against the Cowboys in Dallas (We were 3 and 9. QB was between Gus and Heath. Cowboys were 10-2 and we had already beaten them once, so we wouldn't even be able to sneak up on them. We won 17-24)

Last year against the colts - um yea... I know, we were winning at halftime. Too bad we played a 3rd qtr

And next week.

I actually have confidence in our defensive staff and players. I think they make a statement next week.

Statement being defined as holding the Patriots to under 30.

Unfortunately our O is only good for one or two drives a game. So even if the D scores again, we can't win this one.

But it will be fun to watch what our D can do against arguably the best offense we've been put up against in a very long time. I think they will look respectable, which is way more than any other team can say so far.

I'm sorry pete, but i cannot enjoy a win like this.

all this game proved is that we average at best

I'd rather be average then piss poor. If there's a W in the colum for the game I enjoy it. I'll enjoy it till about 4:05 next Sunday :)

Funny how everyone was looking past the cardinals game and looking at the pats and since we almost lost this one everyone thinks we will get utterly destroyed next week. This win almost felt like a loss but after thinking about it, I think it is better we won like this than blowing the cards out like the lions because we need to be taken down a step so we can play at full intensity next week. All the skins "fans" saying this is an auto loss need to stfu because we can win this game if we play angry and to our full potential. No more negativity we are 4-2 and need to make a statement. GO SKINS!

The Cards,Packers,Giants and Miami. The team crapped the bed in the second half. It's not just a one week abberation,it's a trend.

But we're 4-2. Who gives a flying **** how we got there? When the season ends, people look at the W/L column, not examine each and every game with a fine-toothed comb.

I'm not worried at all about next week. We win? The league will be stunned and frightened. We lose? Well, it is the Patriots after all. :cool:

I wish them to win, NE is good but there have been suprises before so I wont count anything out. We do need a miracle with offense so yes it will be a real hard game for our defense. I wish the skins the best of luck against patriots!

I'm not worried at all about next week. We win? The league will be stunned and frightened. We lose? Well, it is the Patriots after all. :cool:

there you go! I dont hold this game as a must win! If we win HELL YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! if not, ohh well we lost to no1 team. I just hope if we do lose that we dont let them score more than 30! wishfull thinking?

HTTR!!!!!!

But we're 4-2. Who gives a flying **** how we got there? When the season ends, people look at the W/L column, not examine each and every game with a fine-toothed comb.

You're right. At the end of the season it only the W/L column that counts. To that extent, it was a good day for us.

But the thing is that this game does not bode well for a team likely to win many more games. We struggled at home against an average Cardinals team with an ancient one-armed QB. Yeah, we got the win which is all that matters after the season. But the way we looked does not bode well for the rest of the season, and that is what is bothering fans.

Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory? "Winning" isn't always the best thing to go on. The way we played today is troublesome looking forward and that is the issue as we sit here today.

You're right. At the end of the season it only the W/L column that counts. To that extent, it was a good day for us.

But the thing is that this game does not bode well for a team likely to win many more games. We struggled at home against an average Cardinals team with an ancient one-armed QB. Yeah, we got the win which is all that matters after the season. But the way we looked does not bode well for the rest of the season, and that is what is bothering fans.

Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory? "Winning" isn't always the best thing to go on. The way we played today is troublesome looking forward and that is the issue as we sit here today.

I will agree that today wasn't a great win (much like a lousy piece of pizza, however, it's still pretty good), it hasn't caused me to lose faith in this team in the long term. We face some very beatable teams such as the Bears, Bucs, Bills, Jets, Vikings, and Eagles that may test us, but could very well net us 6 wins. Plus, you've got to think that our offense will improve a bit as they get healthier and (please, God) the playcalling improves.

I'm not saying we're SB-bound (who is, really?) but I like our odds. :2cents:

Oh, and today's game was HUGE in regards to the playoff picture; it feels awesome being 1.5 games over the Cards with a tiebreaker in our pocket.

I looked through the first six pages and got tired of seeing if this was already posted. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Gibbs and Co. have shut the offense down just for the Pats to not have any game film to study after seven weeks and underestimate us? It was just a thought, but anyway, in reality, I do see the Skins playing hard and making it close. I see Skins 31 to Pats 27 with the game ending on a fourth down play, make it fourth and seven, in Skins territory under two minutes. As someone else said, it's why you play the games, and we sure as heck can not get any worse on offense, I hope. I'll be here next sunday to glorify my pick or eat my crow.

Did we give up after Germany bombed Pearl Harbor?

Play the game and see what happens. Tons of much more surprising things have happened, and think how much we can yap it up if we do pull it off.

:doh: For the last time it was the Japanese and not the Germans.....God!!!

Did we give up after Germany bombed Pearl Harbor?

Play the game and see what happens. Tons of much more surprising things have happened, and think how much we can yap it up if we do pull it off.

I thought it was Japan that Bombed Pearl Harbor...regardless, we play differently depending on the team. Seems to me that the Skins like to play as well or as poorly as their competition. Playing against a good team, we'll play well (we may lose, but we'll play decently well). Play against an awful team, we'll play at their leverl. We have a great ability to do so.

Archived