Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

As I look about the Stadium, I see so many ridiculously optimistic threads. Guys, I would love to see the Redskins win, I really would. If the Skins win I will post another thread, and I will humbly and respectfully apologize for my pessimism.

But come on. "Is this going to be Campbell's best game?" "Our defense can slow the Pats down." "The Pats offense is overrated."

As much as I would like to believe this, it's not going to happen. We are going to lose, and I will not have my hopes crushed again and ruin my week because I thought a miracle was going to happen. Come on guys, the Pats are on pace to shatter the all-time points record (by a Minnesota team that crushed us the season it set the record). Tom Brady is about to have two Peyton Manning season combined in one (he's on pace for 61 passing TDs). Does anyone really believe we have a chance? We are 14.5 point dogs the last time I checked. That's a college spread for God sakes. If we cover the spread I'll be the happiest man alive.

I'm sorry that I'm so pessimistic right now, but I really can't believe we have a chance. You guys can skewer me and say that I'm not a real fan, but I'm just trying to lessen the pain of a Skins loss. It hurts to much to be optimistic. We can't put teams like Arizona away. Do you really think we can even hang with Brady and Co.? Indy and the Pats are in another world right now, and we can only hope to one day be back among the greats, but for now we're just a rebuilding team that the Pats need to go through to get to Indy.

I wish people here wouldn't set themselves for the emotional fall when we get blown out. This is the one game where our team doesn't deserve to get hated on for a "lack of effort"

I am not deluding myself think that we will win. But, having said that let me point out some stuff. Our defense is probably the best NE has seen since the season started.

Player for player, I think we match up fairly well. I've heard the arguement that we are winning against lack luster teams. I would argue so has NE.

I think we have a chance to win. Any given sunday ya never know. I don't think we will get blown out though. At most I believe it will be a 3-7 point game. Either way.

As I look about the Stadium, I see so many ridiculously optimistic threads. Guys, I would love to see the Redskins win, I really would. If the Skins win I will post another thread, and I will humbly and respectfully apologize for my pessimism.

But come on. "Is this going to be Campbell's best game?" "Our defense can slow the Pats down." "The Pats offense is overrated."

As much as I would like to believe this, it's not going to happen. We are going to lose, and I will not have my hopes crushed again and ruin my week because I thought a miracle was going to happen. Come on guys, the Pats are on pace to shatter the all-time points record (by a Minnesota team that crushed us the season it set the record). Tom Brady is about to have two Peyton Manning season combined in one (he's on pace for 61 passing TDs). Does anyone really believe we have a chance? We are 14.5 point dogs the last time I checked. That's a college spread for God sakes. If we cover the spread I'll be the happiest man alive.

I'm sorry that I'm so pessimistic right now, but I really can't believe we have a chance. You guys can skewer me and say that I'm not a real fan, but I'm just trying to lessen the pain of a Skins loss. It hurts to much to be optimistic. We can't put teams like Arizona away. Do you really think we can even hang with Brady and Co.? Indy and the Pats are in another world right now, and we can only hope to one day be back among the greats, but for now we're just a rebuilding team that the Pats need to go through to get to Indy.

Wrong. Right now the Redskins are an injured team against the ropes trying to catch a breath and keep some momentum. The most dangerous team is a desperate, wild swinging team. As I mentioned in a previous thread, so much depends on how two teams match up. Although, I'm in no way suggesting they will win, the Redskins could very well be what Arizona was this past weekend--a huge freaking pain in the back side, with nothing to lose.

Player for player, I think we match up fairly well. I've heard the arguement that we are winning against lack luster teams. I would argue so has NE.

Even if you accept that the 4 teams we beat are as good as the 7 teams they beat, the fact remains we've been squeaking by some not very good teams.

And, meanwhile, the Patriots have been blowing teams out of the stadium, repossessing their homes, and putting the other team's women and children on the auction block.

They've been winning these games as convincingly as you possibly can with the modern rulebook against teams with $100 million payrolls.

Would be GREAT to win it, but just coming out of it with no injuries would be fine with me. We need enough healthy players to fry these other fish left on the schedule after this game. The Skins may not look so great offensively, but so far they've won and lost the games I've figured them to. OK well, switch the Philly game with the Giants game (I picked us to lose against Philly but win against the Giants). But it all comes out the same... at LEAST win the games WE SHOULD win and we'll have a good chance for the playoffs. So far, it's been going that way. Beating the Pats would be icing.

Our offense sucks, our playcalling is conservative and horrible, our Oline is hobbled and unable to do anything for our running game, our MIA WRs remain MIA, and our defense is based on a four man pass rush that for the most part gives enough time for a good QB like Brady to pick our zone defense apart.

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did. Begin despair.....now.

Pats 45 Skins 7(on a Smoot INT return late in the game by their back up QB)

This poster has no poise or any valid arguments to backup his bird brain rantings.

I am tired of someone starting a NEW thread on the Pats game by giving a new title but talking about same thing over and over again. How many times do we have to beat a dead horse!!!!:doh:

Even if you accept that the 4 teams we beat are as good as the 7 teams they beat, the fact remains we've been squeaking by some not very good teams.

And, meanwhile, the Patriots have been blowing teams out of the stadium, repossessing their homes, and putting the other team's women and children on the auction block.

They've been winning these games as convincingly as you possibly can with the modern rulebook against teams with $100 million payrolls.

Except you do realize that the Patriots have played .350 winning percentage teams thus far this year collectively? Basically they have played the Raiders every week (on average). It matters.

Archived