Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

Wow, To all of you who think we got the best coaching stuff in the league. Listen to this. I just heared Joe Gibbs praising Al Sanders for a great Play calling during post game live after a pitiful offensive game. common coach, what game are you watching form the sidelines? I mean, even the Miami Dolphins can tell you that that was a pathetic offensive performance by the players as well as a pathetic play calling by Al Sanders. This is exactly why I am already loosing my fan drive. And yea, even though I believe we're as good as new England in terms of talent if not better, I'm definately not looking forward to next week's game against New England because I know we'll get outsmarted and outcoached on the sidelines like we did as long as I can remember. That being said, I take my hats off for our defense! I love you Sean!!

Did we give up after Germany bombed Pearl Harbor?

Play the game and see what happens. Tons of much more surprising things have happened, and think how much we can yap it up if we do pull it off.

Er.......I believe it was Japan that did Pearl Harbor ;)

but I agree with the sentiment, I'm definitely going to watch the Pats game with anticipation.

It's my 'Skins come hell or high water.

(make that four "geniuses" :) )

These are the type of threads that ruin this board.

2595585290101496029zlSDIT_th.jpg

I don't think this is flaming; I think it's being brutally honest.

Seriously...you look at us this week and them this week...we should get crushed.

Although...my prediction...

Pats 38

Skins 21

...which I will take against the AMAZING Patriots. I find it hilarious that people are claiming the Colts are better than them; it's not even close. Brady - 27 TDs to Manning - 10 TDs...never thought I'd see that but yes, we should be scared.

We need to bring back the blitz this week (seriously, where the heck has it been?).

It would take a great performance for us to not get blown out, but I've watched football enough to know that surprises happen every week. We have a solid team, despite the gloom from this week, and it won't take a miracle for us to pull off a win. That being said, it would take a lot better performance than this week.

Just a couple of thoughts...

-This thread makes black baby Jesus want to cry.

-This board is going to be a freaking circus this week.

-The Redskins have been winning more games than they've been losing.

-The Patriots should change their name to the Ridiculousness'

-The Redskins will likely get pummelled next weekend.

-I haven't been this excited about a Redskins game in quite some time.

Do I think the Redskins can win? Absolutely. Will I wake up on Sunday morning, get my **** out of the way whilst blasting music and drinking beer in hopes of a Redskins win? You can count on it. I'm going to show up. It's just another Sunday for me. It just happens to be a Sunday where my team is playing the best team that the NFL has seen in a very long time.

Cowboys fan here, but man, this is gonna weird, but I hope you guys clobber them or at least make them sweat. It's freaking ridiculous how much they run the score up on people. If you're up 42-7 at halftime, you don't NEED Brady to come back in, but what do they do? Keep right on throwing it as they come out in the 2nd half.

Not to mention they are a bunch of dirty dirty players. Watch your skill position guys because they will dive at their knees. Watch the late hits. They are classless and not to mention, confirmed cheaters.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, beat them or at least make them hurt. There is no one else in the league at this point that pisses me off more than the Patriots do right now.

Cowboys fan here, but man, this is gonna weird, but I hope you guys clobber them or at least make them sweat. It's freaking ridiculous how much they run the score up on people. If you're up 42-7 at halftime, you don't NEED Brady to come back in, but what do they do? Keep right on throwing it as they come out in the 2nd half.

Not to mention they are a bunch of dirty dirty players. Watch your skill position guys because they will dive at their knees. Watch the late hits. They are classless and not to mention, confirmed cheaters.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, beat them or at least make them hurt. There is no one else in the league at this point that pisses me off more than the Patriots do right now.

wow a cowboy fan rooting for the skins :applause: ... at this point im starting to hate the patriots about as much as i do the cowboys because like you said...i too have noticed the knee shots. HOPEFULLY, our D might just be good enough to minimize their scoring, but our offense needs too step up and have a solid game like we did against the lions

Yeah , the Redskins rarely get blown out. I think the last game the Skins got blown out in was the one against another AFC juggernaut , the Colts. That game however was close until the Redskins just collapsed in the 2nd half. :(

The Redskins still have a weekly 2nd half collapse like they did last year.

You're right. At the end of the season it only the W/L column that counts. To that extent, it was a good day for us.

But the thing is that this game does not bode well for a team likely to win many more games. We struggled at home against an average Cardinals team with an ancient one-armed QB. Yeah, we got the win which is all that matters after the season. But the way we looked does not bode well for the rest of the season, and that is what is bothering fans.

Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory? "Winning" isn't always the best thing to go on. The way we played today is troublesome looking forward and that is the issue as we sit here today.

Winning at too high of a cost, is what that means. We didnt really have a high cost to this victory. Nobody was really hurt, it was just a sad victory, if anything. It was a lackluster offensive effort.

On top of that, when the hell will a wide receiver on this team get a touchdown?? We must be the only team in the league that does not have a WR with a TD catch. :doh:

I predicted a 20-17 win by the Redskins, but there is going to be one of three things that will happen....

1. WE WIN the game and Shock the World

2. We are winning for a while and "let them off the hook" like we did in 2005 against a really good Charger team.

3. We get blown away like everyone is saying.

We are all shooting for #1, but most likely we'll all be back on the boards Sunday night saying "we had them" ....As much as I hate to say it....#2 would hurt me more than a blowout and the way we play has a pretty good chance of happening

if we get blown out..hey everyone expected in and we still have a winning record and have to play the Jets....If we win...we'd have to be careful and be focused playing the JEts.... not beating the Pats the week earlier because if we win...we will get much love...and historically everytime the Redskins get love from the press and are expected to do welll we fall flat of our faces. So with that being said here is to 5-2 and the Pats being 6-1....BRING ON THE PATRIOTS......HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!11

Sunday will be a good day to rake the leaves for Redskins fans. New England is favored by 17 points and rightly so. The Pats have a big game with the Colts the week after they play the Skins. They will probabaly be looking forward to that game and who could blame them. On Sunday it should be Pats in a romp.

I will only comment one time on this game this week. I always go into a game thinking we have a chance to win no matter what. If our offense was healthy I think we would have a shot but with the line in the shape it's in, our defense can't hold up all day. I don't like the way this one feels :(

As I look about the Stadium, I see so many ridiculously optimistic threads. Guys, I would love to see the Redskins win, I really would. If the Skins win I will post another thread, and I will humbly and respectfully apologize for my pessimism.

But come on. "Is this going to be Campbell's best game?" "Our defense can slow the Pats down." "The Pats offense is overrated."

As much as I would like to believe this, it's not going to happen. We are going to lose, and I will not have my hopes crushed again and ruin my week because I thought a miracle was going to happen. Come on guys, the Pats are on pace to shatter the all-time points record (by a Minnesota team that crushed us the season it set the record). Tom Brady is about to have two Peyton Manning season combined in one (he's on pace for 61 passing TDs). Does anyone really believe we have a chance? We are 14.5 point dogs the last time I checked. That's a college spread for God sakes. If we cover the spread I'll be the happiest man alive.

I'm sorry that I'm so pessimistic right now, but I really can't believe we have a chance. You guys can skewer me and say that I'm not a real fan, but I'm just trying to lessen the pain of a Skins loss. It hurts to much to be optimistic. We can't put teams like Arizona away. Do you really think we can even hang with Brady and Co.? Indy and the Pats are in another world right now, and we can only hope to one day be back among the greats, but for now we're just a rebuilding team that the Pats need to go through to get to Indy.

As I look about the Stadium, I see so many ridiculously optimistic threads. Guys, I would love to see the Redskins win, I really would. If the Skins win I will post another thread, and I will humbly and respectfully apologize for my pessimism.

But come on. "Is this going to be Campbell's best game?" "Our defense can slow the Pats down." "The Pats offense is overrated."

As much as I would like to believe this, it's not going to happen. We are going to lose, and I will not have my hopes crushed again and ruin my week because I thought a miracle was going to happen. Come on guys, the Pats are on pace to shatter the all-time points record (by a Minnesota team that crushed us the season it set the record). Tom Brady is about to have two Peyton Manning season combined in one (he's on pace for 61 passing TDs). Does anyone really believe we have a chance? We are 14.5 point dogs the last time I checked. That's a college spread for God sakes. If we cover the spread I'll be the happiest man alive.

I'm sorry that I'm so pessimistic right now, but I really can't believe we have a chance. You guys can skewer me and say that I'm not a real fan, but I'm just trying to lessen the pain of a Skins loss. It hurts to much to be optimistic. We can't put teams like Arizona away. Do you really think we can even hang with Brady and Co.? Indy and the Pats are in another world right now, and we can only hope to one day be back among the greats, but for now we're just a rebuilding team that the Pats need to go through to get to Indy.

:munchout:

Archived