Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

1. JC and the receivers both need to show up.

2. Somehow the Oline needs to get healthy and jell.

3. Somehow we need to at least establish the threat of running the ball.

4. Need a good game plan. Take some chances.

5. Defense needs another strong showing.

We would need all of that just to put up a good fight

To WIN I think what we need is

1. A time machine

2. The 1991 Redskins

3. A few good bounces

Skins will win next week. I have been guaranteeing it for a week. I was at game today. For some reason we tend to play down (or up) to our oppononent. The skins defense is unbelievably good. Pats can put up to 28points on us, but not more. The offensive game plan will look different because Gibbs is like that. On "easy" opponents he tends to play not-to-lose. HOwever, I have noticed the opposite when we are heavy underdogs. Their defense is not that good. It is a winnable game.

BS..

That's the same thing that was said after we lost to Green Bay. "Oh..the guys will use this for motivation. They'll come out swinging and we'll kill the Cards." :rolleyes: Same was said on this board after the Giants game.

Nothing fazes this team.

If the Cards come in here with a one armed old man QB and come within a hair of beating us.... just what the hell do you think Brady and Moss will do??

Spare me the spin.

And spare us the negative ****. You people are so quick to come to conclusions. "This happened today, therefore this must happen next week." That isn't how it works, don't you get it? Granted, it's the Patriots we're talking about here, but I'm not about to go around saying the Skins have no chance. Because I know you don't feel that way, either. If you are so sure, why watch it?

If we play like we did against the Cardinals this will be a blowout and we'll be 4-3.

I really hope we can somehow pull something off but I know it won't happen.

Brady is on track for over 60+ TD's this year.... the Patriots are outscoring teams 72-7 in the 1st quarter.

So we have to put pressure on Brady which knowing our D-Line will be a task. If we don't he'll be going deep to Moss and the points against us will add up fast.

On offense...we have to be aggresive damnit!!! **** Gibbs and Saunders.... you make the players study a 700 page playbook when your old asses only seem to be able to remember 1 page. Portis has to explode and we have to go deep at least a couple times to Moss or Randle El.

After todays game I really don't know what to think of this team...we had a 17-3 lead vs. the Giants...had a lead vs. the Packers... and managed to lose those games. Today the same damn thing almost happened.

These are the type of threads that ruin this board.

2595585290101496029zlSDIT_th.jpg

Totally agree. Why not enjoy this win. And then talk about how we CAN beat the Pats. It can be done. You know the saying.. on any given day, any team can beat another team. Last time I checked, that's why they play the games. To listen to some of the posters, the Redskins should just forfeit and not show up.

If we were fully healthy (which is unlikely to happen anywhere in the nfl at this point in the season) I would think we would have an excellent chance at toppling the Patriots. With the injuries to the O-line, and the team's reluctance to form a competent game strategy around it's weaknesses, I don't think there will be very much of an offense.

Our defense will be spectacular, but they can only be so strong before they get tired. The O needs to find a way to work around their weaknesses (the o-line) like any good team would, and find a way to perform.

If you are so sure, why watch it?

It's one of the few Redskins games that will be on here in New England this season and I'll be watching something else. You're absolutely right that there's really no point in those of us who root for the 'Skins watching this game.

I do feel a little sorry for those here at ES who have spent a ton of money to travel to Mass., stay overnight (I assume) and go to Gillette Stadium for what will be a re-enactment of Custer's Last Stand with Joe Gibbs portraying General Custer.

My wife is due to give birth to our second child 11/4. I've asked her to please hatch this little monster exactly one week early (around 4:15PM) so I have a legitimate reason I don't have to watch our Redskins get their asses handed to them.

Blah...blah - be a true fan - if you don't think they have a chance - you suck...blah..blah...

Finish a game you pansies (collective players, coaches, fans)!

We will be destroyed w/ ultimate prejudice by the Patriots. I hope afterwards, we can field a 53 man roster for the remaining season.

I fully expect our offense in the 2nd half of this next game to create a wormhole, blackhole or some kind of time shift w/ the complete lack of offense. I went to school in TX, so I'm not real booklearned.....but I'm pretty sure that such an absence of offense in the 2nd half could lead to some pretty amazing scientific breakthroughs.

Stay tuned.

It's one of the few Redskins games that will be on here in New England this season and I'll be watching something else. You're absolutely right that there's really no point in those of us who root for the 'Skins watching this game.

I do feel a little sorry for those here at ES who have spent a ton of money to travel to Mass., stay overnight (I assume) and go to Gillette Stadium for what will be a re-enactment of Custer's Last Stand with Joe Gibbs portraying General Custer.

And if the Redskins win?

Totally agree. Why not enjoy this win. And then talk about how we CAN beat the Pats. It can be done. You know the saying.. on any given day, any team can beat another team. Last time I checked, that's why they play the games. To listen to some of the posters, the Redskins should just forfeit and not show up.

I agree there are some people who seem like they've already forfeited the game next week, but it's only hours after a really really tough win against a mediocre team with a mediocre (and very injured) quarterback. You guys need to give the more emotional folk time to vent, and appreciate that threads are made dedicated to venting, rather than venting in every thread all over the board.

That said, it isn't all that easy to "enjoy" a win like this, just keep that in mind. I got a million text messages from all my giant and eagle fan friends (living in north jersey, that's all you can get).

"That was the worst won game I've ever seen, you guys suck. The Pats are going to destroy your team, it's going to be a spectacle to behold. I am taping that game, it's going to be so awesome."

Now keep in mind, I never said we suck or we can't win. I'm just saying, enjoying a win may be harder than you think. Glad we got the win and I think we're a good team. I hope they work hard and heal their injuries in time for the patriots. What a hard battle that's going to be.

Dude, what is up with the General Custer thing? Does our favorite Extremer have cruuuuuush?

And if the Redskins win?

I will probably suffer a massive coronary or aneurism from the amount of shock that I will go through.

I'm just not interested in spending that sort of money ($400+ for any seat I'd want when I looked a couple weeks ago) for a CHANCE that they might win. Especially when that chance is so small.

Waaah, New England is the best team ever in the history of the NFL! Waaah, Tom Brady doesn't put his pants on one leg at a time, cause he's got otherworldly powers! Waaahhh, our offense sucks, waaahhh. Waaah, we barely beat the Cards! Waaah, we shouldn't even bother to get on the plane next week! Sniffle, sniffle. I wish we'd fire our head coach and entire offensive coaching staff. Sniffle, sniffle.

Dallas is pretty good, should we forfeit to them as well?

Why don't you all go cry to your mamas instead?

Archived