Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

Why do you guys even watch the Redskins. You are pathetic. It's a different week, a different team. You dont know how we will match up with NE. The line will be a little healthier next week and we will be hungry after the way we played today. The good news is, we are 4-2 instead of 3-3 right now.

New England @ home scoring 35 plus a game. Us on the road scoring at the most this yr 34 against Detroit and that was at home. Offense cant produce more than 17 points and you expect a win? Im as optimistic as the next and expect our D to compete well in this one but come on man be real. Our O line just isnt gettin it done against anyone this yr. We are lucky to be 4 - 2. I love this team and am a very passionate fan but im not a homer. im a realist and we just arent gettin it done.

I'm hoping for a good showing and no injuries - don't expect a win at all ... though ... knowing how crazy the NFL is ...I wouldn't be shocked if the Skins won -- I'd be exstatic and very surprised ... but not necessarily shocked ... go play hard - get/stay healthy - learn, improve, concentrate on the division/conference games that are critical to win.

Redskins offense is crazy. Since they played a semi-crappy game last week, and played pretty crappy this week, I'm going to have to say that the Redskins are going to play lights-out and completely destroy the Patriots next week.

That is assuming the defense stays consistent.

New England @ home scoring 35 plus a game. Us on the road scoring at the most this yr 34 against Detroit and that was at home. Offense cant produce more than 17 points and you expect a win? Im as optimistic as the next and expect our D to compete well in this one but come on man be real. Our O line just isnt gettin it done against anyone this yr. We are lucky to be 4 - 2. I love this team and am a very passionate fan but im not a homer. im a realist and we just arent gettin it done.

lol "we're lucky to be 4-2."

That just shows me that you don't watch the games. We should be 6-0.

Our offense sucks, our playcalling is conservative and horrible, our Oline is hobbled and unable to do anything for our running game, our MIA WRs remain MIA, and our defense is based on a four man pass rush that for the most part gives enough time for a good QB like Brady to pick our zone defense apart.

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did. Begin despair.....now.

Pats 45 Skins 7(on a Smoot INT return late in the game by their back up QB)

Want some cheese with that whine? Never mind, don't answer, just STFU.

I would LOVE to HOPE that we upset the Patriots BUT I'm gonna be realistic and say that we are gonna get kicked in the throat next week! I would be surprised IF we even score. The final score will be 42-0. We will be embarrassed UNLESS a miracle happens and we happen to play like we know we can. I really don't wanna watch the fiasco BUT I know I will. PLEASE let me be WRONG!!!

lol "we're lucky to be 4-2."

That just shows me that you don't watch the games. We should be 6-0.

we should be ? lol we are lucky to be were we are. We fall apart week in and week out in the 2nd halh. Havent scored over 21 but in 1 game and got an o line that is not playing up to what they can be. yup we a 6 - 0 team. thank god for the defense or we would be worse off and if yo think this offense can whip the Pats your sadly mistaken

Okay, for all you cry baby homers attacking the original thread title and subject. First off my post was a bit tongue in cheek. If you review my post history in the stadium you will see I'm just as homerish as your average Redskin fan. And I was throwing my hands in the air in excitement by every positive play the Skins made today as I watched the game.

So don't get your rose colored glasses too ruffled. Any given Sunday/we play up to the competition as well as down/we are getting people back/we could be 6-0/best secondary the Pats have faced....etc etc. Use whatever you need to get you pumped up for next week. I will be somewhere hanging on every play as well.

But if reality isn't your thing, disregard this thread completely. Or, go ahead and make up an official optimist thread for next week instead of lingering on here to deny what the what the Redskins have shown us the past two weeks. Primarily that our offense can't consistently put points on the board against tough defenses. We face another tough defense next week, and if the Skins go par for the course of putting together one good drive per game against tough defenses. Then my exaggerated prediction won't be to far off.

3. Somehow we need to at least establish the threat of running the ball.

4. Need a good game plan. Take some chances.

5. Defense needs another strong showing.

Agreed. Running game is non existent. Havent seen a 100 yd rushing performance by 1 back yet and no breaks to make the run be a threat.

If they play the second half the way they play the first we got a shot. Unfortunately that hasnt happened this yr and dont see it next week either. Not unless we down by 21.

Defense will be there and shut down the Pats to an extent. This game relies solely on how the offense can play and 14 points isnt gonna do it for us.

Archived