Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official New England gloom and doom thread

KevinthePRF

You all like to forget......we tend to play to the level of our opponent. This is a long term trend (since Gibbs I Era). ANY team we play will be in the game with us the entire way. I say the Pats TOTALLY look past us (for good reason), and the game is a tight one. Say, 28-24, Pats......sorry, I can't possibly predict victory after what I just watched....

goddamn like someone said, balance your homerism and reality. all you guys who say we can actually upset the pats "well why not say it, i dont look like a bandwagoner, and if im right i look like a genius, and if im wrong, i wont show up till next week". we hate because we love this team and it hurts so much when they lose and barely squeak out wins against mediocre teams when we know we are 10 times better than they are but we always shoot ourselves in the balls.

i say redskins win in a closse one, bill bellichick feels bad for us and just gives us the win.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that Belliscum and his team have either hearts or souls. History indicates they'll let their foot up off the gas about midway through the third quarter when they've got a 35-0 lead; as long as no Redskins player or coach goes out and says or does anything stupid this week, a la TO a couple weeks ago in Dallas; but there's no way that Patriots team isn't ready to slaughter us when we walk into Gillette Stadium next Sunday.

History indicates they'll let their foot up off the gas about midway through the third quarter when they've got a 35-0 lead; as long as no Redskins player or coach goes out and says or does anything stupid this week, a la TO a couple weeks ago in Dallas; but there's no way that Patriots team isn't ready to slaughter us when we walk into Gillette Stadium next Sunday.

Isn't this the kind of performance you love in a team?? I'm suprised you haven't switched camps with the way the Pats dominate opponents.

I said it last week. I think the defense is going to contain Brady and Co. until they get tired. If the offense can't produce we don't win. I had faith until I watched the game today. We dont' have a running game and it doesn't appear we have a downfield passing game. JC was pressured at times when he did drop back. NE is going to have a field day unless we come up with a good game plan and the offensive line play shows improvement. The offense is going to have to open it up and take chances. Conservative play calling won't get it done.

This will actually be the one stress-free game of the season for me...I fully expect the Redskins to lose...if they lose by less than 20, I'll consider that a good showing by the Skins.

I'm just going to relax and enjoy the game, and hope our D gets its licks in on Brady and Moss. There is no way in hell our O is going to keep up with the Pat's O.

Patriots 38

Redskins 17

Isn't this the kind of performance you love in a team?? I'm suprised you haven't switched camps with the way the Pats dominate opponents.

Actually, No. I am totally against taking your foot off the throttle or the neck of your opponent. At 35-0 the only thing a team should be thinking about is how to make it 42-0, then 49-0, etc.....

Additionally, the Patriots have gone about building their roster in a way that I consider inappropriate and have (at least in the past) run a style of offense and defense that I find completely deplorable (which unfortunately we seem to be trying to emulate). All in All, while their results this year have been significantly closer to what I look for in a team than they've been in recent years, but I still feel they go about it in the wrong way. Besides, I'm a one-team fan. If/when I stop rooting for the Redskins I'm done with the NFL entirely and permanently.

Our offense sucks, our playcalling is conservative and horrible, our Oline is hobbled and unable to do anything for our running game, our MIA WRs remain MIA, and our defense is based on a four man pass rush that for the most part gives enough time for a good QB like Brady to pick our zone defense apart.

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did. Begin despair.....now.

Pats 45 Skins 7(on a Smoot INT return late in the game by their back up QB)

i think springs said smoot pulled his hamstring today. wow we really need him.

Well Gibbs is goin to know we have to open up the offense to have any type of chance. So Im excited to see what this ofense can do since it will be opened up. If we ccome out like we did today......Pats win 38-3

Gibbs said after the game. That he was very happy witht he play calling today. So expect to see more of that crap next week.:doh:

Why do you guys even watch the Redskins. You are pathetic. It's a different week, a different team. You dont know how we will match up with NE. The line will be a little healthier next week and we will be hungry after the way we played today. The good news is, we are 4-2 instead of 3-3 right now.

You make our point for us. We WATCH the Redskins.

If you think our defense will shut down the Patriots offense, you should be committed to an insane asylum or should start wearing a mouth guard to make sure you don't choke on your own drool.

Have you seen what they did the last two weeks? Yeah, our defense is good, so maybe Brady only throws for 4 TDs against us.

The problem is that our Offense is HORRIBLE. Abjectly HORRIBLE. And guess what? The Pats have a top 2 Defense it the league. How in the hell do you think our team is going to get our offense going when we play our first good defense this year?

Seriously. Quit saying you think we are going to win. It makes us all look dumb.

I only hope we look respectable in losing. Score some points and make a stop here and there. Learn from the game, get healthy.

I wish some fans could really start thinking like coaches. We showed nothing offensively or defensively this week in the cardinals game. We basically kept it simple.I gurantee that we will be more explosive on offense and aggressive on defense and in play calling against the Pats. It's up to the players to execute. Hopefully we will have our o-line at some what full stregnth next week.

Why do you guys even watch the Redskins. You are pathetic. It's a different week, a different team. You dont know how we will match up with NE. The line will be a little healthier next week and we will be hungry after the way we played today.

How do you know whether or not "we" (do you play for the Skins?) will be hungry? And even if "we" are hungry, the PAts are a flat out BETTER team. The hungrier team doesn't always win.

By the way, after the way the Skins offense played last week, especially Moss and Portis, "we" were supposed to be hungry this week. Portis had 2 TD's but little yardage, and I Moss had 2 catches for minimal yards.

If you think our defense will shut down the Patriots offense, you should be committed to an insane asylum or should start wearing a mouth guard to make sure you don't choke on your own drool.

Have you seen what they did the last two weeks? Yeah, our defense is good, so maybe Brady only throws for 4 TDs against us.

The problem is that our Offense is HORRIBLE. Abjectly HORRIBLE. And guess what? The Pats have a top 2 Defense it the league. How in the hell do you think our team is going to get our offense going when we play our first good defense this year?

Seriously. Quit saying you think we are going to win. It makes us all look dumb.

I only hope we look respectable in losing. Score some points and make a stop here and there. Learn from the game, get healthy.

Go cheer for the Pats then.

Archived