Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I like the Dallas philosophy...

PierceType

Have we really came to a point in our lives where we have to find one little thing wrong in the wording and all of a sudden the point becomes invalid?

Unreal!:doh:

Ok... I will change the statement for the OP.

NOW... discuss. :doh:

:laugh: Touché.

Stating the obvious isn't so bad when it's a topic that's already been done. Sorry, it just gets irritating and redundant. Would I like to see the Skins play less conservatively? Yeah, who wouldn't.

But the reality is the second they make a mistake and turn the ball over, everyone will jump on them regardless. It's lose/lose. So what's the middle ground? Playing super smart. ;)

I don't understand all these threads about playing too conservatively in the second half about the giants. We threw the ball 20 times, and ran the ball only 8. hmmmmmmm...

Just because the passes weren't hitting doesn't mean we weren't throwing down field. I think we weren't playing conservatively enough, aka not establishing our running game.

the philosophy is good now because they are winning games against some pretty putrid defenses. They have the weapons to call games like this now. But I'm willing to bet, later in this season, when the competition stiffens, and the games are not all at their house (at least its seemes that way), their philosophy will flounder and good defenses will make them pay. Romo sits to pee has yet too take a hard hit, and I mean a hard hit. his recievers havent been hit, but all in good time. They will have games where they have to gut it out and I'm willing to bet they will not be able to. Those are the types of games that get you into and through the playoffs. They are a great fantasy football squad, but they lack toughness. They will fall.

Whether the OP is a troll or not isn't the issue. He's correct. Joe is coaching scared compared to how the Girls are calling a game and you can use several examples to prove the point. It pains me to say this but I think its true.

1) A win is a win... right? Yes. There is no disputing that the field goal was a good call and even Denver did something similar in week 2.

That said when you have the ball on the 6 yard line in overtime on 1st down it would have sent a much stronger message if Gibbs at least RAN the football 3 straight times and tried to punch the ball into the end zone. I don't condone throwing the football in that situation and I'm sure people would second guess if he just ran it 3 straight times but I don't like the call to kick the ball on 1st down. Why not trust your team? Why be afraid that they will do something stupid to **** it up like a fumble, a penalty. Have they done this? Yes. But you have to trust the offense. Lets them grow. Let them learn

2) end of 2nd Quarter vs. Beagles. Coach decides to call off the dogs and kick a field goal with about 14 seconds left. To me, the message that sends: He doesn't believe in the players and by his own admission said that he's seen too much crazy stuff and decided to just kick it. I don't agree with that decision either.

Did he change his mind and go for it? Yes. Did it turn out well? Yes. But why did the thought even creep into his mind to kick? I just don't get it. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct anymore. I want him to put teams away, and I know he does too but it just doesn't seem to be working out so well.

3) I guess we could all second guess the way our Skins played in the 2nd half. It was bad. I don't think the play calling was conservative. I've seen the posts and agree that they took some shots down the field and called way more passes than runs. However, the defense was just getting steamrolled and the offense was inept. Was that Gibbs fault? I don't know for sure but based on my other observations I tend to think that it could be.

Go easy on me

Whether the OP is a troll or not isn't the issue. He's correct. Joe is coaching scared compared to how the Girls are calling a game and you can use several examples to prove the point. It pains me to say this but I think its true.

1) A win is a win... right? Yes. There is no disputing that the field goal was a good call and even Denver did something similar in week 2.

That said when you have the ball on the 6 yard line in overtime on 1st down it would have sent a much stronger message if Gibbs at least RAN the football 3 straight times and tried to punch the ball into the end zone. I don't condone throwing the football in that situation and I'm sure people would second guess if he just ran it 3 straight times but I don't like the call to kick the ball on 1st down. Why not trust your team? Why be afraid that they will do something stupid to **** it up like a fumble, a penalty. Have they done this? Yes. But you have to trust the offense. Lets them grow. Let them learn

2) end of 2nd Quarter vs. Beagles. Coach decides to call off the dogs and kick a field goal with about 14 seconds left. To me, the message that sends: He doesn't believe in the players and by his own admission said that he's seen too much crazy stuff and decided to just kick it. I don't agree with that decision either.

Did he change his mind and go for it? Yes. Did it turn out well? Yes. But why did the thought even creep into his mind to kick? I just don't get it. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct anymore. I want him to put teams away, and I know he does too but it just doesn't seem to be working out so well.

3) I guess we could all second guess the way our Skins played in the 2nd half. It was bad. I don't think the play calling was conservative. I've seen the posts and agree that they took some shots down the field and called way more passes than runs. However, the defense was just getting steamrolled and the offense was inept. Was that Gibbs fault? I don't know for sure but based on my other observations I tend to think that it could be.

Go easy on me

:applause::applause::applause: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

Yeah except that Dallas leads the NFC maybe the league in penalties if I'm not mistaken. When they play somebody (cause they haven't played a real team yet IMO...Bears suuuuuck!!!) those penalties and cavalier playcalling and "letting the horses run" can backfire. I think you have to be balanced and no when to "let it go" and when to be more "conservative. We have that balance and it keeps us in ball games which is a good thing. Sure we have to improve a lot of things but I'd rather be us right now b/c if Dallas starts losing, I don't think Phillips will be able to right the ship (cliche' :doh: ) As long as they're winning, Phillips can just send part of his paycheck to Parcells. Anyone can coach when the team is winning.

Wow,

I posted a serious comment about how we can improve and I get flamed. I am incredibly disappointed in this board.

Ok, how about this:

"Everything is wonderful, the Skins are perfect and our loss to the Giants was the best thing i've ever seen. I hope Joe just keeps coaching like he has been cause it sure was wonderful. I hope we can have another 5-11 season like last year cause I sure enjoyed it! Don't change a thing Joe. Don't take a tip from the team that is crushing everyone they play. Go Joe, you are perfect!"

Regarding the age thing, apparently I erred when signing up. I'm 47, but I sure am glad 15 differeent people all said the same brilliantly funny age thing.

Wow,

I posted a serious comment about how we can improve and I get flamed. I am incredibly disappointed in this board.

Ok, how about this:

"Everything is wonderful, the Skins are perfect and our loss to the Giants was the best thing i've ever seen. I hope Joe just keeps coaching like he has been cause it sure was wonderful. I hope we can have another 5-11 season like last year cause I sure enjoyed it! Don't change a thing Joe. Don't take a tip from the team that is crushing everyone they play. Go Joe, you are perfect!"

Regarding the age thing, apparently I erred when signing up. I'm 47, but I sure am glad 15 differeent people all said the same brilliantly funny age thing.

well you could have just added your "we need to be more agressive on offense" ideas to one of the billion other threads concerning that subject. the reason for the "flaming" probably has to do with the D word in your title. that tends to make new users a little suspect.

You know what? I agree with the thread-starter. Some of you need to lighten the eff up. Unless you're a staffmember and I didn't get the memo...And even then, you STILL night to lighten up :)

There is ZERO wrong with this thread. In fact, its really hard to argue the man's point if you are honest.

Lighten up people. Seriously. The 'pack mentality' on this site is getting pretty old, and it really takes away from the community feeling we used to have. I'm pretty sure, had many of you gotten lit up the way this guy did, you might not have hung around to find out it was a cool messageboard.

You know what? I agree with the thread-starter. Some of you need to lighten the eff up. Unless you're a staffmember and I didn't get the memo...And even then, you STILL need to lighten up :)

There is ZERO wrong with this thread. In fact, its really hard to argue the man's point if you are honest.

Lighten up people. Seriously. The 'pack mentality' on this site is getting pretty old, and it really takes away from the community feeling we used to have. I'm pretty sure, had many of you gotten lit up the way this guy did, you might not have hung around to find out it was a cool messageboard.

Sorry.

;)

Like someone else said we are not dallas. When we play each other that other crap that they do on other teams dont mean anything when they play us and vice versa. So if each other takes care of their own business then it would be that much sweeter when we slap them around when we play them.

You know what? I agree with the thread-starter. Some of you need to lighten the eff up. Unless you're a staffmember and I didn't get the memo...And even then, you STILL night to lighten up :)

I may be mistaken, but I was seeing all of the dallas threads pop up and wondering what the heck???

First post.

Age wrong or length as SKINS fan.

Liking Dallas philosophy.

Dallas game on.

Just all that together makes one wonder.

Yes, there was a pile on. Seems with 70000 people that happens.

Four or five Dallas threads makes one wonder.

Like someone else said we are not dallas. When we play each other that other crap that they do on other teams dont mean anything when they play us and vice versa. So if each other takes care of their own business then it would be that much sweeter when we slap them around when we play them.

Well when they or some other team is doing something that your team routinely has a very hard time doing it isn't blasphemy to say "they seem to be successful doing x, as do these other teams, what are they doing to allow them to do that and what can we do to get the same results?" Just because someone said they their philosophy seems to be having success doesn't mean they LIKE that fact. I can't stand that the Girls are doing well, but I'm not blind and I do admit that they are putting lots of points on the board while we are not. So are many other offenses. Sure you can dismiss it by saying "well we just play differently" or simply saying something like "we play SMASHMOUTH here!" but at the end of the day what matters is if it works or not. Our philsosophy as a team seems to be pretty rigid and, yes, conservative and this has been relatively evident over the past few years besides a couple of games. We brought Saunders in to, apparently, make this offense more explosive, less predictable, and more open and yet we are still seeing much of the same. I hope this will be corrected, and I think they have the capacity to do so. However, the OP shouldn't be flamed for stating something that is relatively obvious.

:2cents:

So the guy says the truth and is a Dallas fan.

Here's the truth, guys:

DALLAS IS RUNNING AWAY WITH THE NFC RIGHT NOW. They are absolutely DESTROYING for exactly the reasons that the OP stated. It doesn't take a genius to see that, but it does take a pretty heft dose of denial NOT to.

You gonna call ME a Dallas fan?

Well when they or some other team is doing something that your team routinely has a very hard time doing it isn't blasphemy to say "they seem to be successful doing x, as do these other teams, what are they doing to allow them to do that and what can we do to get the same results?" Just because someone said they their philosophy seems to be having success doesn't mean they LIKE that fact. I can't stand that the Girls are doing well, but I'm not blind and I do admit that they are putting lots of points on the board while we are not. So are many other offenses. Sure you can dismiss it by saying "well we just play differently" or simply saying something like "we play SMASHMOUTH here!" but at the end of the day what matters is if it works or not. Our philsosophy as a team seems to be pretty rigid and, yes, conservative and this has been relatively evident over the past few years besides a couple of games. We brought Saunders in to, apparently, make this offense more explosive, less predictable, and more open and yet we are still seeing much of the same. I hope this will be corrected, and I think they have the capacity to do so. However, the OP shouldn't be flamed for stating something that is relatively obvious.

:2cents:

If its relatively obvious then why state it? I mean who wouldnt want to score more points. All I was saying is that if we execute and win our way and they execute and win their way then we'll see what happens when we play each other. I dont think both ways would work against each other.

Archived