Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas out 10-12 weeks (NFL Network Sirius)

GrimReaper21

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel. We might get him back for the critical stretch run which is certainly a good thing. In the meantime it will be interesting to see who gets released.

We need another roster spot for a backup guard or starter replacement for Fabini.

I disagree. I think that is the season. And we should put him on IR. Roster spots are at a premium, and saving one for a guy who's going to be out for the rest of the regular season is too high of a price to pay. Besides, he'll be out of shape (game or otherwise) when he returns. IR him..

Agreed, and more than likely this will happen. Teams around the league can't afford to keep guy on the roster just incase they were to be able to return. I think the Skins might keep him activated for a few weeks, but will eventually have to place him on IR

please stop mentioning the playoffs.

It has been 2 weeks, no jinxing the ball club please.

wesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuckwesuck

Better? ;)

On the 2 minute drill, they just said Randy Thomas had successful surgery and will be out 10 to 12 weeks. So we could have him back for week 12, not too bad, could have been worse.

I'm pleased yet worried...

In order to capitalize on this good news, the Skins would have to keep him on the roster which obviously will take up a spot. From there, he'd be a great addition to the Skins since the majority of the December games are AT FedEx. (That's a huge plus to the skins schedule in the event there's a wildcard race, in the event the Skins don't wiin the division.) It's also a big plus that Randy could come back if and when the Skins go to the playoff's.

But will Thomas be ready and strong enough to be of value come playoff time? That's the big ? on this.

I disagree. I think that is the season. And we should put him on IR. Roster spots are at a premium, and saving one for a guy who's going to be out for the rest of the regular season is too high of a price to pay. Besides, he'll be out of shape (game or otherwise) when he returns. IR him..

I actually disagree with your disagreement (haha). because look at Chris Samuels. He was out for most of training camp and all of preseason, and he comes back to protect Campbell against the 2006 Defensive MVP. When Thomas returns, he'll be fully ready AT LEAST by the beginning of the playoffs

Twelve weeks means eleven games. That means he can begin practicing again with three games left in the season. By that time, the O line, for good or bad, will be pretty well meshed together. I bet he goes on IR and we pick up someone on a one year contract.

Very possible, but I could also see him being placed on the pup list until we either

1.) get another major injury and really need the roster spot so he goes to ER

2.) are through the season long enough where it looks like Playoffs are a definite possibility and we keep him on the pup list until recovered.

As for being in game shape...

The 12 weeks isn't JUST for recovery, but rehabilitation too. I'm sure he'll be undergoing lots of therapy and exercise to stay in shape if that is the case.

My thoughts...

YOU CAN'T PUT HIM ON IR! WE NEED HIM FOR THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Does anyone have any updates on where the team is vis a vis getting a replacement at the RG position?

Whoever that is will obviously not play the Gints game but will hopefully be ready by the Lions. The early bye week might be a blessing in disguise.

Great point. You know, when the schedule came out, I (along with most prolly) was dissatisfied that our bye was so early. So it does give us more time to get another RG ready. Plus, if we have to stick with Fabini or a weak G for a game, who better it be against than the Giants? Besides Strahan and Pierce, we should be able to steam roll that front seven, even with Fabini.

EDIT: I forgot that Osi is back. Forgot bout him. Might be a lil harder with both ends playing.

Hrmm , really hard to be excited about this , if we do get him back for the last game or two , we have to get him in football shape and all that , and if we make the playoffs it could help to be fresh , but we got to get there first and if our backups can get better we should be ok , thing that scares me is the fact that we couldn't run very good at all at the eagles and we got to be able to run the ball ... that has to get better

Archived