Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban: Gibbs telling "outrageous lies" on the Shawn Springs situation

E-Dog Night

Just as I was writing the title, a caller on the radio show asked Czabe to not refer to Gibbs as "Joey Boy", as he had done earlier. Czaban said "What should I call him" The caller said "How about Joe Gibbs, or Coach Gibbs?".

"How about I call him Liar Gibbs?” Czabe replied, and then he proceeded to scream so loudly that the caller couldn't continue the discussion, and then hung up on him.

Gee, real professional guys.

In any case, they are making as much as possible about this thing on the radio show. The basic gist is that this is all part of the same FO mentality that ran LaVar out of town, that Gibbs is lying to cover for Snyder, and that Snyder has his hands in every situation. Maybe, maybe not.

Now I've heard Czaban bad mouth Joe Gibbs on a number of occasions, but this made me really angry. On his worst day, Gibbs is 10 times the man that Czaban has ever been and he deserves to be treated with class and dignity. Don't know about you, but I'm boycotting the show from now on. Regardless of what faults Gibbs has, he deserves better. He's earned better.

For the record, I didn't like the way the Redskins handled the situation, but it's about 10% of the issue that they are making it. Could it be possible that the organization wants to keep the aging, injury-prone Springs healthy for the late season run for the playoffs, but he can't come out and say that because it sounds like he doesn't think the Dolphins are good enough to warrant the Redskins' best?

In any case, as disgusting as talk radio can get, this was even more gutter level than usual.

I didn't hear Czaban today, but I have no doubt that, based on the offseason tension between Springs and the Redskins, the Redskins are "LaVaring" Springs. I do think Gibbs is lying or fibbing or whatever you want to call it regarding Springs having some sort of mysterious injury this past week or not being 100 percent.

I think there is a lot of dishonesty coming out of Redskins Park these days. I wish they would be more truthful, but if you have something to hide, there are reasons for it. And it could be to protect the player, so I'm not really being critical of the team.

Hail,

H

I think there is a lot of dishonesty coming out of Redskins Park these days. I wish they would be more truthful, but if you have something to hide, there are reasons for it. And it could be to protect the player, so I'm not really being critical of the team.

You mean like it ended up being for Lavar? Even Lavar agreed in the end that he wasn't ready to play.

This is all something we are probably not going to remember a few weeks down the road. It is not a big deal.

Jason

Joe Gibbs is the one man who could slap me across the face and I would respond with "thank you may I have another" so whatever he feels is necessary to do I will fully agree. For some reason Czabe and also B-Mitch don't understand how much we respect Gibbs win or lose not only for his coaching but his great character he shows and anything bad said about Coach Gibbs will be taken personally. If they don't want to accept that they should find another team to comment on.

Could it be possible that the organization wants to keep the aging, injury-prone Springs healthy for the late season run for the playoffs, but he can't come out and say that because it sounds like he doesn't think the Dolphins are good enough to warrant the Redskins' best?

I was thinking the same thing. Gibbs is too respectful to come out and say "we're sitting Springs because the Dolphins don't pose a threat to us. We want him to stay healthy."

lets do it, ban the sports reporter show in the afternoon on 980...i'm in. I really do like Czaban, but he has always rubbed me the wrong way when it came to JG.

should another thread be started - to serve as petition?? lets first shoot for a 100 sigs/responses!

I think this is grounds for getting rid of that Czaban. How dare he????!!! I don't give a damn if Joe Gibbs is lying or not. Tell Czaban to win 3 super bowls and get back to us. The dude is worthless. I don't know anyone that likes him....get rid of him. Everyone on comcast has been rubbing me the wrong way recently now that I think about it....how about some loyal Skins reporters??

I said this in the other thread but it's worth posting again.

Some people talk too much. All they do is speculate and this puts false ideas into other people's heads, causing riots like these on ES. Everyone has their own explanation of what's happening even though they don't know whether it's true or not. I mean come on, Czaban is just going by what he thinks is happening, which could very well be wrong, and he's calling Gibbs a liar. That's a ****ing strong accusation.

Don't talk with such certainty about a situation you know nothing about.

Everyone who is making it out to be more than it is is gonna feel like a fool when they realize that it ISN'T A BIG DEAL.

lets do it, ban the sports reporter show in the afternoon on 980...i'm in. I really do like Czaban, but he has always rubbed me the wrong way when it came to JG.

should another thread be started - to serve as petition?? lets first shoot for a 100 sigs/responses!

I really hope that more people boycott this idiots show.
Agreed. Those that are on hear complaining AND that continue to listen to him are just enabling the problem. If he loses the DC fan base, he'll be fired and off the air for good.

let's ban the show... :mad:

Archived