Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban: Gibbs telling "outrageous lies" on the Shawn Springs situation

E-Dog Night

We are a fan message board. Not a lobbyist group. Calm down.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are a trip.

Really.

And how is that a lobby group?

Or do you even KNOW what a lobby group is?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OH PS.......what would I do if you didnt take shots at me?

Good to know I still have your attention.

OK. What is Gibbs lying about? :whoknows:

Springs being injured. You don't get informed 5 minutes before game time by the coach that you are "injured". Springs has been demoted for some reason.

And if you are injured, you don't come into the game as #3 and show no signs of injury. And when asked about your "injury", you don't stand there with a stupid look on your face saying you don't know anything about it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are a trip.

Really.

And how is that a lobby group?

Or do you even KNOW what a lobby group is?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OH PS.......what would I do if you didnt take shots at me?

Good to know I still have your attention.

Sweetheart how did my advise about the 100% guarantee on your hotel room work out for you?

OR did you forget, I don't have an axe to grind with you.

:)

Sweetheart how did my advise about the 100% guarantee on your hotel room work out for you?

OR did you forget, I don't have an axe to grind with you.

:)

Awwww..........I did forget.

Thanks for that.

I didnt get my money back on that........but they said I could have a room.

I honestly don't know where Czaban gets off. Does he honestly believe we're going to buy his rants over Gibbs? I don't know why, but Czaban has always liked taking pot shots at Gibbs. Thank God he's not on post game anymore. The best thing to do with this guy is just turn him off. Don't start any petitions and stuff like that, he wants controversy so he can get more attention. Gibbs doesn't care what Czaban thinks and we shouldn't either.

I didn't hear Czaban today, but I have no doubt that, based on the offseason tension between Springs and the Redskins, the Redskins are "LaVaring" Springs. I do think Gibbs is lying or fibbing or whatever you want to call it regarding Springs having some sort of mysterious injury this past week or not being 100 percent.

I think there is a lot of dishonesty coming out of Redskins Park these days. I wish they would be more truthful, but if you have something to hide, there are reasons for it. And it could be to protect the player, so I'm not really being critical of the team.

How does this protect Springs?

For someone who runs a weekly prayer-cast/sermon every week, that Gibbs would fib at all bothers me. It bothers me nearly as much as Williams forcing Gibbs into this situation every other freakin' year (LaVar, ArchDeluxe). If Williams becomes the Skins coach next, which I'm thinking is less likely every day, I might have to take a break and grab season tickets for my fave AFC team in the interim (Jags by a nose).

Williams/his staff doesn't have class. Has talent, but is a real headcase.

Springs being injured. You don't get informed 5 minutes before game time by the coach that you are "injured". Springs has been demoted for some reason.

And if you are injured, you don't come into the game as #3 and show no signs of injury. And when asked about your "injury", you don't stand there with a stupid look on your face saying you don't know anything about it.

I tend to agree.

I also understand the desire to keep things in house. But, you need all people involved to be on board for that. Springs I guess, wasn't on board. Now its kind of blown up in their faces alittle.

The same thing happened on the coach Thompson show. It's ridiculous. Lets just see what happens against the Eagles before we draw any major conclusions like this. Anyone with credibility would allow as much. In any case, if you're not starting, you're not worthy of starting. Stop ****ing (not that Springs is doing this).

You mean like it ended up being for Lavar? Even Lavar agreed in the end that he wasn't ready to play.

He wasn't ready to play at first, but he was doghoused later when he could play. When he got out there his last year, he showed he could still make stuff happen.

...Oh and please, can we all stfu about Lavar....what has he done since leaving the Redskins...is the guy even signed to a team this season?

Well, he's at least as reliable as Jansen, right? Achilles injuries ain't cool, and he was just starting to come on for the Giants when it happened. Was watching that game; he still had a bit left in the tank.

Now, he's [still?] recovering from a motorcycle accident. Why anyone with pretensions to a professional sports rides a bike, I've no idea, but I wouldn't give us the "stfu" and then show you're not keeping tabs on everyone's favorite mistake. (Why, oh why couldn't we pay that money to... wait. Better not mention Champ. ;) )

"LaVaring?"

You've got to be kidding. LaVar didn't play because he was never back to his old form. How can that not have been evident? Did we make the wrong move? He was not effective when healthy with the Giants. I don't think anyone at Redskins Park is really rueing that they didn't play and later released LaVar.

It's quite possible that Grey thought Springs was not as explosive as Smoot or Rogers last week. Maybe he thinks he lost a step. We don't know. Gibbs isn't going to say: "we think Springs might be on the decline so we went with the young guys." He has never been the kind of coach to publically throw anyone under the bus. So he says he didn't seem 100% instead. If that makes him a liar or bad person than I don't want to live in that world.

We won the game. If you look at the breakdowns, these guys got beat by Chris Chambers. One of the faster WR's in the game. He was held to under 100 yards and no TD's. Sure they could have played better, but after one game I'm not throwing them under the bus, either.

EDIT: We gave up 3 plays of more than 20 yards. One on Taylor. One on Rogers and the third being the Rogers PI call. That isn't a terrible day. None of those on Smoot even though he was targeted 15 times.

I would love to see Springs on the field. But I imagine the coaching staff actually has reasons for what they did last week, and you know what, we won.

I am too far off to listen to these talk show host, but I am sure some of them are jerks like u say. I am more worried about who ever is screwing around in organization. Wether it is Gibbs, Williams or Springs sounds like someone is lying! The guy coaching now is not the same one that was winning us SuperBowls in the 80's and 90's. I wouldn't put it past this guy to be dishonest.

I think some of you are mixing concepts.

The comparisons between Lavar and Springs have little to do with them as players. I think we would all agree that they are fundamentally different players.

What people are comparing is the manner in which they were treated by the Front Office, in particular by Gregg Williams and the way in which they were told in "inapproiate" ways that they were no longer starting.

I personally don't think the comparison fits in either case, but if we're going to discuss it, a distinction should be made.

I tend to agree.

I also understand the desire to keep things in house. But, you need all people involved to be on board for that. Springs I guess, wasn't on board. Now its kind of blown up in their faces alittle.

He's on board now. When interviewed by Comcast this afternoon, he stated he is fine with whatever the coaches do, and whatever is best for the team. When pressed to elaborate, he just restated the same thing.

"Joey Boy" is rude, but calling Coach Gibbs a liar is BOLD. Czaban is a jerk I wouldn't give the time of day to. I refuse to listen to that trash.

Joe Gibbs doesn't report to me, the fans and certainly not to Czaban. It's called holding your cards close to your chest. I'm sure they all have their reasons, and as several have said, I don't think it's a big a deal as it's being made.

Today on the radio when Gibbs was told that Springs said he didn't know what he was talking about, Gibbs said, well, I want to talk to him and let him know what I was thinking.

I have defended Czaban in the past but I heard this on the radio and I was disgusted. You can disagree with Gibbs and criticize him all you want but calling him a liar and referring him as "Joey Boy" is way over the line. I think Joe Gibbs deserves just a bit more respect than that.

The sick thing is that he actually calls himself a skins fan. I can't stand this piece of garbage, I really wish there was a way to get him off 980. He bashes the skins every chance he gets, and constantly disrespects our HOF'er Joe Gibbs. If anyone is serious about starting a petition or a massive complaint and sending it to 980 and their sponsers I think there will be a ton of support from everyone on here. He is a total D-bag and we need to make sure he knows it.

Archived