Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban: Gibbs telling "outrageous lies" on the Shawn Springs situation

E-Dog Night

I have always felt Czaban was a good mouth piece for some subjects. And to a certain existent I do agree with him on this. But overall, he seems to be looking to be controversial or a damn jerk at all times. When Jim Bowden told them both off the other week it was so funny. They backed Jim in the corner over some September call ups like it was WaterGate and he told them "Do your jobs and figure out who we should call up". It was classic. Anyway, Czabe is cool sometimes but on this subject, as far as Snyder is concerned, I tend to believe him. Let us not forget the whole L. Coles flat screen comments.

Guest NebraSKIN

Want to email him?

mailbag@czabe.com

got it off the dumb*****es website.

Let him have it.

Just as I was writing the title, a caller on the radio show asked Czabe to not refer to Gibbs as "Joey Boy", as he had done earlier. Czaban said "What should I call him" The caller said "How about Joe Gibbs, or Coach Gibbs?".

"How about I call him Liar Gibbs?” Czabe replied, and then he proceeded to scream so loudly that the caller couldn't continue the discussion, and then hung up on him.

Gee, real professional guys.

In any case, they are making as much as possible about this thing on the radio show. The basic gist is that this is all part of the same FO mentality that ran LaVar out of town, that Gibbs is lying to cover for Snyder, and that Snyder has his hands in every situation. Maybe, maybe not.

Now I've heard Czaban bad mouth Joe Gibbs on a number of occasions, but this made me really angry. On his worst day, Gibbs is 10 times the man that Czaban has ever been and he deserves to be treated with class and dignity. Don't know about you, but I'm boycotting the show from now on. Regardless of what faults Gibbs has, he deserves better. He's earned better.

For the record, I didn't like the way the Redskins handled the situation, but it's about 10% of the issue that they are making it. Could it be possible that the organization wants to keep the aging, injury-prone Springs healthy for the late season run for the playoffs, but he can't come out and say that because it sounds like he doesn't think the Dolphins are good enough to warrant the Redskins' best?

In any case, as disgusting as talk radio can get, this was even more gutter level than usual.

Here is the problem. Nobody is totally without fault here.

The coach said something like Springs had his hammy wrapped earlier in the week, and they were worried.

Springs acted surprised when hearing this, as if it weren't true.

Locals sports radio goes into overdrive to get people listening and calling in. Going as far as taking a few cheap shots.

So, what is the real deal? Will we ever really know the full truth?

Read this

This is from Bram's blog:

On the Shawn Springs situation: Gibbs said he is going to speak with Springs after he was quoted as saying "I don't know what Joe Gibbs is talking about," in regard to Gibbs's explanation that Springs was mianly used as a nickel corner because of health concerns..

Gibbs clarified today that Springs was in the trainers room early in the week prior to the Miami game and came out with his hamstring qrapped.. The trainers then alerted secondary coach Jerry Gray that Springs was not 100%.. Gray then determined that while Springs was practicing that he wasn't showing the "same explosion" on his reps.. So the team determined as the week progressed that due to Springs's injury history (missing numerous games last year with a sports hernia) that they were making a precautionary decision with Springs.. Gibbs essentially is emphasizing that Springs has done nothing wrong and hasn't necessarily been passed on the depth chart by Carlos Rogers or Fred Smoot, but the team was being overly careful about him in order to attempt to avoid a repeat of last year with Springs in terms of health.. Gibbs also would not say Springs is the best corner on the team repeating the mantra, "we have 3 starters at CB here."

http://coveringtheredskins.blogspot.com/

OK. What is Gibbs lying about? :whoknows:

He said that the Redskins were concerned about Springs' explosiveness, and that he didn't look as healthy as he could be earlier that week. When asked about this, Springs said that he had "no idea" what Gibbs was talking about, and that he felt as good as he has in 4 years.

He said that the Redskins were concerned about Springs' explosiveness, and that he didn't look as healthy as he could be earlier that week. When asked about this, Springs said that he had "no idea" what Gibbs was talking about, and that he felt as good as he has in 4 years.

What Gibbs is doing is called keeping your problems in house, something good teams, good organizations do...Czaben won't accept that for some reason

Seems to me that Springs is the one who has more to lose if people think he's injured. He's looking to get a big payday after this season and wants the perception to be that he can stay healthy.

On the other side of this thing, ever since Gibbs flat out said "we dont know where Taylor is and lost contact with Springs", I believe Joe lacks the ability to lie, even when it can save him a lot of trouble. He has nothing to gain by lying here and this situation is night and day when compared to Coles, Archuleta, or Arrington.

For what it's worth, if everybody agreed with "Joe sixpack" there wouldn't be any talk radio. Czaban gets paid to hit your hot buttons so you'll call in and present your views of "fill in the blank" topic. It's pretty much good cop-bad cop radio.

I'll ask him again if he'd like to chat with us here. We had him scheduled a couple years ago but it fell through. Would be fun :).

Yes. Yes it would. I'd be interested to see how he would handle the onslaught of anger - would he just blow it off in his usual, "oh come on" idiom, or would there be some contrition?

I'm guessing much more of the former.

Just as I was writing the title, a caller on the radio show asked Czabe to not refer to Gibbs as "Joey Boy", as he had done earlier. Czaban said "What should I call him" The caller said "How about Joe Gibbs, or Coach Gibbs?".

"How about I call him Liar Gibbs?” Czabe replied, and then he proceeded to scream so loudly that the caller couldn't continue the discussion, and then hung up on him.

Gee, real professional guys.

In any case, they are making as much as possible about this thing on the radio show. The basic gist is that this is all part of the same FO mentality that ran LaVar out of town, that Gibbs is lying to cover for Snyder, and that Snyder has his hands in every situation. Maybe, maybe not.

Now I've heard Czaban bad mouth Joe Gibbs on a number of occasions, but this made me really angry. On his worst day, Gibbs is 10 times the man that Czaban has ever been and he deserves to be treated with class and dignity. Don't know about you, but I'm boycotting the show from now on. Regardless of what faults Gibbs has, he deserves better. He's earned better.

For the record, I didn't like the way the Redskins handled the situation, but it's about 10% of the issue that they are making it. Could it be possible that the organization wants to keep the aging, injury-prone Springs healthy for the late season run for the playoffs, but he can't come out and say that because it sounds like he doesn't think the Dolphins are good enough to warrant the Redskins' best?

In any case, as disgusting as talk radio can get, this was even more gutter level than usual.

Joe Gibbs isn't just a great coach but he's a great person. He has faith in God and also realizes this is just a game. Czaban is a psycho and should be ashamed of himself. I'm sure the Redskins have a reason for having Springs not starting. Whatever the reason it becomes more obivous everyday that there is intense hatred for Gibbs and the Redskins on this local pile of garbage radio station. Always keep that in mind if tuning to that dial. Czaban is pure garbage and trash.

I'll take Gibbs word over Spring's anyday. This is the last year of his contract, I believe, and probably his last year here. Springs probably wants to be able to hype himself up so he can get a new contract at another team next year. He can only do that if he starts.

It also appears that Springs doesn't now how to be a team player at his age. Concerns about his longevity at his age are not unfounded and should be expected. The team is better served if Springs is able to play nickel and against premier recievers as needed thru the entire season than if he starts 6 games full time and gets injured and is unable to play for the remaining.

It has been rumored that Springs was the source for the post articles. Springs has vehemently denied it. If you want to say that the team is just getting back at Springs for the articles, then you must also say that Springs is a LIAR and a poor teammate.

If it is retribution then he lied. If it is not retribution then the coaching staff is justified for not starting him.

Keep your ****ing mouth shut springs and do what you are told.

edited for grammar

WE can't ban a show. The only thing that WE can do is stop talking about him, stop listening to him, and make him Mr. Irrelevant. If you want to really get rid of him, we need to stop listening to 980, period.

Actually, what we can do is call and email THE SPONSORS of the show and let them know we wont be buying any of their products IF that unprofessional person continues.

MONEY talks.

There are 60000 members here.

Can you EVEN IMAGINE what would happen if 1/4 of us were to email and make that statement.

Heads would roll.

For what it's worth, if everybody agreed with "Joe sixpack" there wouldn't be any talk radio. Czaban gets paid to hit your hot buttons so you'll call in and present your views of "fill in the blank" topic. It's pretty much good cop-bad cop radio.

There's a difference between "hitting hot buttons" and showing this level of contempt for a WASHINGTON sports team, on a WASHINGTON radio station.

the blessing of living in sunny South Carolina is dont have to hear this ******* even on accident. Glad to see he is no longer on post game live (see my sig), I also noticed b(m)itch was a little more "positive" about the Skins being surrounded. PUNK!

to some things up you go to hell and you DIE!!! czab

Typical Czabe

I will say this though, if the organization didn't have a recent history of botching the release of D players this wouldn't be the issue it is right now

We'll have to see where it plays out, I for one believe Joe Gibbs

I think that's probably right.

Had the Lavar fiasco, if that controversy really can rise to the level of "fiasco", not happened, and had GW not been described so regularly in the press as having a substantial ego, then I don't think this would have become such a big issue.

But that's neither here nor there.

Something may be askew here, but I think we have to defer to Gibbs first and certainly take his word over a demonstrated sensationalist (to put it diplomatically) like Czaban.

Give this a couple days to wash out, and we'll see what happens.

If Springs doesn't start (and/or has his playing time cut marketedly) for another couple games, then maybe there's something here.

I'm just not convinced yet that this is worth getting hung up on.

Actually, what we can do is call and email THE SPONSORS of the show and let them know we wont be buying any of their products IF that unprofessional person continues.

MONEY talks.

There are 60000 members here.

Can you EVEN IMAGINE what would happen if 1/4 of us were to email and make that statement.

Heads would roll.

We are a fan message board. Not a lobbyist group. Calm down.

Is it possible that the Defensive staff could have a gripe with Springs, and Gibbs knows nothing about it, and is just taking their word for it when they say they are "concerned"

...Oh and please, can we all stfu about Lavar....what has he done since leaving the Redskins...is the guy even signed to a team this season?

Archived