Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd needs some heart (Your Lloyd Merge--hate/not-hate here)

kingarthur65

Fred Smoot got tourched today and he said that if we would have lost then he would've took the blame for dropping that easy pic. That wasn't the problem the reason he would be the blame is bc Chambers owned him all day. I wish we could have traded for Chambers

:doh: and i wish you could tell me what a option route is... 9 catches by all phin receivers where 6 caught by chambers, atleast 3 or 4 of those were routes where he had options just get open if it was a zone defense. Its almost a given that somebody is going to be open, the stat i love is no TD catches for the WR

:doh: and i wish you could tell me what a option route is... 9 catches by all phin receivers where 6 caught by chambers, atleast 3 or 4 of those were routes where he had options just get open if it was a zone defense. Its almost a given that somebody is going to be open, the stat i love is no TD catches for the WR

agreed..... our corners only 'got beat' on short, quick throws

Randy Moss was through also. Over the hill and couldn't get open and couldn't catch. Turned out it was becasue he didn't have an accurate QB.

Trade Brandon Lloyd to N.E. and watch him catch 80 balls.

Hint: OUR QB IS NOT ACCURATE

You are going to compare Moss to Lloyd please take that back. Moss was good but he was on a sorry team and he hated where he was playing. If Lloyd feels that way he needs to get his ass out of town too. Lloyd wont be 1/2 the player Moss is. ARE is out playing him who came in to be the slot and stout return man.

There was no doubt in my mind that while everyone else may get cut slack for their gaffes, if there was even an appearance of anything that could pasted on him many would jump at it. And that's just how its going to be--his story here is set in stone for 95% of people and all that will change it is great play and very few (like zero) errors. And that's how it's going to remain.

He maded a great try on that ball, and did nothing wrong today that I saw, but considering he has no rope here with most people, he needed to make that catch like he used to regularly in SF. One big prob I see with any salvage of BL--we're just not throwing to him hardly ever (we didn't even that much in '06--yes I know the speculative reasons) and it will be hard to get any real-game synchronicity between him and JC.

I really liked him, and will remain hopeful. I know what he's capable of, but the way its played out here, he's got a very tough hole to climb out of and he needs to be pretty much perfect to become successful and well-liked as a Redskin.

I was in agreement with you about hoping for Lloyd to reach his game until I saw his reaction to the interception. He did manage to get up and was about 2 yards behind the guy. Then he looks over, sees a potential blocker 10 yards upfield and completely pulls up. Completely to the point the potential blocker turns his back on Lloyd. Inexcusable. He quit the play, and when he doesn't quit he is worth 1 catch per game.

Cut Lloyd. I was seats down by the end zone and he GAVE up and didn't fight for the ball OR try to stop the runback on the interception. He is a QUITTER. Cut him!

My thoughts exactly. On that pic, I screamed out "What a *****!!" He made 0 effort on that ball, and 0 effort to attempt to stop him. Cut him. He's worthless!!

Cut Lloyd. I was seats down by the end zone and he GAVE up and didn't fight for the ball OR try to stop the runback on the interception. He is a QUITTER. Cut him!

No way man!!

I heard the Vikings are offering a Ham Sandwich for his sorry ass!!

Well, minus the bread and fixings:

ham_01.jpg

I guess they watched the game or something. Take it while they are still offering 3 slices IMO. :laugh: :laugh:

No only real fans who know how the game of football works gives props to them. Rogers had a decent game and that PI was a bad call, but the refs made plenty of them today. Smoot was abused in that game. Please stop blaming Rogers for those huge gaps, i bet he is told to to them, so blame GW

You really think that PI was a bad call? It was clear on replay that he was holding the arm so the guy couldn't raise it to attempt to catch the ball. You can't do that...that was clearly an elementary mistake. The ball, however, was not catchable even if he had raised his arms to attempt to catch it...but CR didn't allow him that chance...he didn't need to hold his arm down...he wouldn't have caught that ball w/o him keeping his arm pinned down.

I agree the refs made some questionable calls..but that wasn't one of them imo.

He doesn't make enough money to fight for the ball or try to stop the runback. You just aren't "feelin' him."

I hope your sarcasm meter is operating this morning.

I was in agreement with you about hoping for Lloyd to reach his game until I saw his reaction to the interception. He did manage to get up and was about 2 yards behind the guy. Then he looks over, sees a potential blocker 10 yards upfield and completely pulls up. Completely to the point the potential blocker turns his back on Lloyd. Inexcusable. He quit the play, and when he doesn't quit he is worth 1 catch per game.

Well, he probably realized that he wasn't going to be able to catch him, at least not before the guy got to his teammates. I bet if you look at other interceptions, you will see similar behavior across the board. I'd have more of an issue with it if Lloyd, say, didn't really get up and go after the guy, but he did.

Really, the degree of negativity here is a bit over the top. I doubt his teammates feel the same as most of the people in this thread. It sounds to me more like fan frustration.

Meanwhile, Moss doesn't get any heat at all for flat out dropping two passes. Why should Moss be held to a lesser standard? If anything, we should expect more from him.

Jason

People need to get off Brandon. That pick wasnt his fault. He just couldnt catch up to it. He didnt get targeted very much. And who can blame him, ARE was on fire.

Brandon shoulda went up and caught that ball. He had one on one coverage and he needed to make that play. He mis judged his jump to me.

Meanwhile, Moss doesn't get any heat at all for flat out dropping two passes. Why should Moss be held to a lesser standard? If anything, we should expect more from him.

Stardom has its privilges. If Moss plays like crap next week, I will club him, but he's earned the right to have a lousy week.

There are two criticims you can have with Moss. One is that he is fragile, but that's really not his fault. The second is that he occasionally vanishes. But Lloyd has to catch a TD before he gets any respite from me.

People need to get off Brandon. That pick wasnt his fault. He just couldnt catch up to it. He didnt get targeted very much. And who can blame him, ARE was on fire.

Noone is blaming him for not coming up with the catch. It is totally unacceptable to not even try to go after the DB to prevent further damage. He gave up on the play and that is a big NO. That is why he did not play the rest of the quarter and Thrash was the third receiver.

I'm looking at the film and I didn't see anything where he gave up on the route. I don't know where you guys are getting this stuff.

Jason

Then watch it again. Lloyd looks at the ball, and even from section 402 I could hear him say, "Eh, **** it."

Cut his ass.

As for Moss: Yeah, catch the damned ball. Your wrist is an excuse this week and this week only, and only because we won.

by the way...Where was todd wade?.....heyer did ok, but wade needs to start at RT

Heyer, I believe, will be a true HOG one day and will likely start a tradition with Bugel as fine as the first.

Some people thought you were critical of Heyer in your statement. I understand you were not and you knew Wade is the next man on the depth chart for RT, but he was not active for yesterday's game. You may now know this.

Heyer is the real thing.

...As for Moss: Yeah, catch the damned ball. Your wrist is an excuse this week and this week only, and only because we won.

I hope this is a joke about Moss.

As for Lloyd, I'll take Thrash anyday. Thrash is slower, but he is a Brian Mitchell throwback type of player. He has more than enough guts and heart to overcome any obstacle.

Say what you want but Loyd gave up on that play point blank. Maybe he couldnt have made the tackle on the cb but he could have taken the blocker out of the play if nothing else. I dont blame him for missing the catch but thats why he was brought here at such a high price to make big plays. I realize he was only thrown to a couple of times. Thats why time after time he fails to instill confidence that he is worthy of being thrown to. Patten was only thrown to once last year and look what did he do with it ,jumps 5 ft in the air gets drilled but he held onto the ball and look what we give him pink slip. I really want to like loyd but aside from good run blocking he has not shown me anything that justifies bringing him here at the price we paid for him. Time to step or step out!

Stardom has its privilges. If Moss plays like crap next week' date=' I will club him, but he's earned the right to have a lousy week.

There are two criticims you can have with Moss. One is that he is fragile, but that's really not his fault. The second is that he occasionally vanishes. But Lloyd has to catch a TD before he gets any respite from me.[/quote']

Sorry, but the expectations should be HIGHER for your stars, not lower. You need your stars to make plays. Fact is, Moss was mostly a non-factor in Sunday's game. Yet, he gets excused while pages and pages are written about our #3 not making one play. Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Jason

Archived