Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd needs some heart (Your Lloyd Merge--hate/not-hate here)

kingarthur65

Some of you people must just live your life trying to find flaws and faults in people that dont exist. I bet you find that nobody quite measures up do they...

Lloyd did everything he could to get that ball, that was JCs fault. Yes, he took his time getting back, but noway he caught the guy anyway.

Some of you people must just live your life trying to find flaws and faults in people that dont exist. I bet you find that nobody quite measures up do they...

Lloyd did everything he could to get that ball, that was JCs fault. Yes, he took his time getting back, but noway he caught the guy anyway.

I agree with everything you just wrote. When people try to find flaws, anyone can end up looking like he "needs some heart." It really is almost laughable.

Santana dropped two big passes today. Maybe he wasn't showing heart on those plays. :rolleyes:

Jason

I think Santana has earned the right to have an off day or two, but the Player (Lloyd) has done what amounts to a pimple on a ticks @zz since he's been here. I still hope he works out, just doesn't look good, right now.

Coaches never seem to get the team in a rythm. Throw to Cooley and Lloyd more earlier, speed up the offense a little bit and keep Portis in the game more.

Lloyd has never had a chance to get into a good rythm in a game as a Redskin yet. I say feed him the ball early and let's get the entire team involved.

I really think we also need more 3WR with Cooley at TE and Portis in the backfield.

We only throw fades/go routes to Lloyd or slants/curls...seems like we don't ever have any good routes designed to get him the ball more.

:applause:

Coaches never seem to get the team in a rythm. Throw to Cooley and Lloyd more earlier, speed up the offense a little bit and keep Portis in the game more.

Lloyd has never had a chance to get into a good rythm in a game as a Redskin yet. I say feed him the ball early and let's get the entire team involved.

I really think we also need more 3WR with Cooley at TE and Portis in the backfield.

We only throw fades/go routes to Lloyd or slants/curls...seems like we don't ever have any good routes designed to get him the ball more.

yeah... we just didnt put the ball in the air enough

the first half of the game had me really frustrated. i thought we were done with the run-run-pass pattern

yeah... we just didnt put the ball in the air enough

the first half of the game had me really frustrated. i thought we were done with the run-run-pass pattern

The run-run-pass was killing me too even in the second half. Good run on first down, bad run on second, pass on 3rd. Every single time. I like running the ball, i really do, but its about variety. Give me a 5 yard swing pass, a run and then another run.

Follow it up with a Run, out pass, run.

Just dont do run-run-pass, run-run-pass, run-run-pass.

Sorry, but I see it the other way around. The defender was covering deep and Campbell threw it way too long. Lloyd had to go full speed just to get there. The defender was in a much better position to catch the ball.

Fact is, Campbell didn't give him much of a chance to catch the ball. If threw it about 5 yards shorter, that's probably a TD. This is mostly on Campbell.

Jason

I don't know about that. It looked like Llyod stumbled out of his break or something. Somehow he got really close to the sideline, I thought he had actually stepped out of bounds before he made a play on the ball. I'm guessing Jason thought he would be more inside so he could throw him a jump ball towards the outside edge of the endzone. Llyod ran a bit too close to the sideline and put himself out of position. If he ran more inside he would have been able to just jump vertically and go get it instead of having to come across like that.

Maybe his shins splints kicked in at the last second. But I thought BLloyd had more ups than that...:2cents:

They'll get it worked out. Not a bad game for JC, 8th start. He'll get the jitters out. Ready for next week? :eaglesuck

I'm looking at the film and I didn't see anything where he gave up on the route. I don't know where you guys are getting this stuff.

Jason

Correct. Llody def didnt give up on the route. I think the fustration comes from the fact that Lloyd is our "play making" Wr and he had a 1 on 1 jump ball type situation with the DB and didnt come down with it.

WOW some of these post astound me. Lloyd was thrown at twice. He caught one, a penalty negated it. The INT was NOT his fault. I was at the game and close to that side of the field. Last year all everyone did was B***ch and moan about how Brunell never went downfield. Well campbell did, and it didnt work out. BIG DEAL it happens. How can you judge a guy when he is not given hardly any opportunites. Seriously, when do we throw at Lloyd? ARE was open all day and JC did the right thing and kept going to him. All of sudden because one of our WR's did good Lloyd now sucks because of an overthrown ball?!?! Dont tell me he sucks cause of last season, everyone knows what the QB situation was like. Some of you need to think before you post and not jump on the "Lloyd sucks cause of one poor throw in one game" bandwagon. Grow up seriously.

:cheers:
WOW some of these post astound me. Lloyd was thrown at twice. He caught one, a penalty negated it. The INT was NOT his fault. I was at the game and close to that side of the field. Last year all everyone did was B***ch and moan about how Brunell never went downfield. Well campbell did, and it didnt work out. BIG DEAL it happens. How can you judge a guy when he is not given hardly any opportunites. Seriously, when do we throw at Lloyd? ARE was open all day and JC did the right thing and kept going to him. All of sudden because one of our WR's did good Lloyd now sucks because of an overthrown ball?!?! Dont tell me he sucks cause of last season, everyone knows what the QB situation was like. Some of you need to think before you post and not jump on the "Lloyd sucks cause of one poor throw in one game" bandwagon. Grow up seriously.

I was hoping to see more from Lloyd today. He didn't get many chances but that pass in the endzone was the type of play we need him to make. He has the athleticism; lets just hope he can begin to contribute.

We definitely need some help at receiver. Watching the Giants I'm pretty pumped we have a chance to play them, but can our wr's make the plays that TO and Hurd did? Randel El played really well but we need more consistency from Santana and a a legit 3rd receiver to step up.....

I was hoping to see more from Lloyd today. He didn't get many chances but that pass in the endzone was the type of play we need him to make. He has the athleticism; lets just hope he can begin to contribute.

We definitely need some help at receiver. Watching the Giants I'm pretty pumped we have a chance to play them, but can our wr's make the plays that TO and Hurd did? Randel El played really well but we need more consistency from Santana and a a legit 3rd receiver to step up.....

Once again, how can the guy contribute when our other WR is lighting it up and getting most of the throws. Thats the point, you go to the guy who is hot, and ARE was just that. Also, we ran the hell out of the ball. Lloyd was thrown at twice, he caught one and the INT was a poor throw. If Santana catches his throws and Jason doesnt throw a pickle NO ONE would be harping on Lloyd.

I don't know about that. It looked like Llyod stumbled out of his break or something. Somehow he got really close to the sideline, I thought he had actually stepped out of bounds before he made a play on the ball. I'm guessing Jason thought he would be more inside so he could throw him a jump ball towards the outside edge of the endzone. Llyod ran a bit too close to the sideline and put himself out of position. If he ran more inside he would have been able to just jump vertically and go get it instead of having to come across like that.

Well, it isn't too clear on the tape, but it looks like he was faking an out, then went up field. It doesn't look like the move was too effective, since the CB was still in front of him. All of this looks like what Campbell should have seen before letting go of the ball.

If he did see all of this, he probably should have erred on the side of being short, since there was a guy above him.

Course, it could end up being that Lloyd's timing was messed up, and he wasn't able to get to the spot in time. It is hard to say without knowing where he was supposed to be.

In any case, Lloyd made a strong effort in trying to catch the ball and just missed. Disappointing? Sure. But, Campbell put Lloyd in a jump ball position and the corner had a better shot at it, since he could slow down and judge his leap.

As for the return, you try sprinting down the field, leap, then try to catch up with a sprinting CB. More than likely, he was probably pretty beat. He wasn't going to catch him.

Jason

Then he must follow the yellow brick road.

Maybe I'll see him when he comes rolling through Kansas. :laugh:

I did expect B Lloyd to be a playmaker this season but after today, I was proven terribly wrong.

Everyone calls him a spectacular catch guy. Even Madden 08 has him as a spectacular catch receiver. All because of that one HUGE one handed grab in San Fran. He's gotta pick it up or I could see him looking for a new team.

Can I get a "James Thrash?!?!" lol

Archived