Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd needs some heart (Your Lloyd Merge--hate/not-hate here)

kingarthur65

Say what you want but Loyd gave up on that play point blank. Maybe he couldnt have made the tackle on the cb but he could have taken the blocker out of the play if nothing else.

And that would do what exactly? The DB had already passed him, and there were players in better position. He knew he couldn't get back to do anything, so he slowed down. Makes sense to me.

Jason

I hope this is a joke about Moss.

As for Lloyd, I'll take Thrash anyday. Thrash is slower, but he is a Brian Mitchell throwback type of player. He has more than enough guts and heart to overcome any obstacle.

I hope that your post is a joke.

Moss dropped all but one or two passes that were thrown to him. Your JOB is to catch the ball. Do it.

Sorry, but the expectations should be HIGHER for your stars, not lower. You need your stars to make plays. Fact is, Moss was mostly a non-factor in Sunday's game. Yet, he gets excused while pages and pages are written about our #3 not making one play. Yeah, that makes sense.

Jason

Well, if you want me to bash Moss, I will. I'm never afraid to kill a player.

Moss played like Hell yesterday. It was probably his worst game as a Skin. And if he plays like that all year, we won't win 6 games.

To be honest, I think Moss is very good, but that Skins' fans over-rate him by a remarkable degree. He has basically had one great year as a pro, mixed in with a few great games in other seasons.

Having said all that, Lloyd is possibly the least productive player in the NFL when you factor in his salary.

Sorry, but the expectations should be HIGHER for your stars, not lower. You need your stars to make plays. Fact is, Moss was mostly a non-factor in Sunday's game. Yet, he gets excused while pages and pages are written about our #3 not making one play. Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Jason

So let me get this straight:

1) Moss doesn't get let off the hook, which I agree with, but because he's at a higher standard in your eyes?

2) Lloyd DOES get off the hook because, wait, why? Because he's shown nothing? Because he contributes literally nothing to the team?

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Are you sure that you're not Lloyd's mother or something? Look at his stats, look at his game-changing plays, look at his mistakes. Tell me, exactly, why he deserves ANYTHING.

2) Lloyd DOES get off the hook because, wait, why? Because he's shown nothing? Because he contributes literally nothing to the team?

Where in anything I said that I'm letting Lloyd off the hook? No, he didn't make the play, that certainly is on him. But, I also lay a lot of blame on Campbell, who should have seen that there was a corner on top of him and throw it shorter, where Lloyd had a better chance of making a play on the ball, rather than to have to go full speed and make an incredible leap to catch the ball.

Mostly, I'm saying the criticism of Lloyd is way out of proportion. The fact that there are pages on Lloyd for one play, rather than no threads on Moss and his problems speaks volumes on that subject.

Jason

Maybe the cb cuts back inside to the other side of the field instead of running out of bounds. You never know whats going to happen thats why you dont stop playing till you here the whistle. I am rather surprised to hear you say what your Jason. I dont post here alot but I read here alot and I tend to agree with you most of the time, I guess we must agree to disagree on this play. All hail to the REDSKINS.

Where in anything I said that I'm letting Lloyd off the hook? No, he didn't make the play, that certainly is on him. But, I also lay a lot of blame on Campbell, who should have seen that there was a corner on top of him and throw it shorter, where Lloyd had a better chance of making a play on the ball, rather than to have to go full speed and make an incredible leap to catch the ball.

Mostly, I'm saying the criticism of Lloyd is way out of proportion. The fact that there are pages on Lloyd for one play, rather than no threads on Moss and his problems speaks volumes on that subject.

Jason

You've been defending him forever. He sucks, let it go. None of us want to suck, and you can bookmark this thread, print it off, and pin it to my grave if he turns it around, but he blows.

Lloyd has ONLY lost us games. Moss has ONLY won us games. Moss, not injured, would've made that catch. Lloyd misjudged the trajectory of the ball and managed to give up on a play TWICE. I don't see how you can defend him.

And don't tell me that I'm not harping on Moss: He gets one free pass. Pull that crap again and he'll catch hell, too.

Lloyd talks the talk but unfortunately he doesn't walk the walk. He said all the right things in his blog, but he continues to sulk on the field and doesn't run the routes he's supposed.

This isn't the first time he's pulled up on a fly route because he didn't expect the ball to come his way. It's time Washington rids itself from this mistake and gets somebody else in there.

I think this one is 50/50 to be perfectly fair. I have read the analysis of other posters here and I know what I saw on the day. Personally I think that the ball was thrown too high in the initial circumstance but at the same time Lloyd really did seem to give up towards the end of the play. It's not all his fault as he saw very little action all game in fairness but he is not totally blameless either.

On the original play I thought blloyd quit on the route, and after watching the replay I'm even more convinced. It looked as though he either a) lost it in the sun for a moment or B) quit on the route. I can forgive him for mis timing a jump and for not catching the ball but not for quitting on the route. Also, he did NOT give chase on the INT. He stood there like Shockey or TO and complained. Screw that.

On Riggo's radio show today, Riggo said exactly what I said. Lloyd gave up on chasing the interceptor, and he also said he would be suprised if BL wasn't inactivated for one or more games this season. He added BLs bad attitude is contageous and affects the team outside his position, and he seemed suprised JG has put up with it for as long as he has.

BL is not worth 100K per catch, and I don't like his raps either.

On Riggo's radio show today, Riggo said exactly what I said. Lloyd gave up on chasing the interceptor, and he also said he would be suprised if BL wasn't inactivated for one or more games this season. He added BLs bad attitude is contageous and affects the team outside his position, and he seemed suprised JG has put up with it for as long as he has.

BL is not worth 100K per catch, and I don't like his raps either.

I agreed with Riggins as well. We've all been "wondering" why we get no production from Lloyd. Anyone still seriously wondering this need only watch that play. Bottom line, we made a horrid decision on that loser and will dump him as soon as the salary cap permits. Hopefully we can mitigate the damage Lloyd is doing in the locker room until then.

On the play that was intercepted in the end zone Lloyd misstimed his jump and the ball went over his hands and caught by a miami defender. I could understand if he made an attempt at the ball and just came up short, but he compounded the problem by not running after the defender that now had the ball. If you saw the play, you probably noticed that he just gave up. This guy needs to step up and prove he deserves to play on this team.

All you people that are all over Lloyd's back need to Tivo the game so you can go back and watch film similar to what the coaches do. I did last night and here is what I found. Lloyd was only in the game on 12 pass plays. 10 of those he was never even looked at, on 4 out of the 10 he had beaten his defender and was open. He was only thrown at twice, one it looked like he should have taken another step before jumping, but at no time did I see him quit going for the ball, so the no Heart comments are just ridiculous. On the othe pass his way he made a nice leaping catch for about a 4 yrd gain. On that play however Miami had 12 men on the field and we elected the penalty negating his receiption. On several running plays I saw him blocking at the point of attack as well as down field. Just watch the tape and be objective. Stop letting mediots that never even played football let alone WR tell you a guy is not stepping up. Because from what I saw it's really hard to step up when your thrown to only twice and one of those was a jump ball.

:notworthy actually 1 jump ball and 1 high pass... like 4 yards maybe... hes listed at 200lbs now... ouch he was tall enough to catch it and big enough to take the hit after :cool: :eaglesuck :D

All you people that are all over Lloyd's back need to Tivo the game so you can go back and watch film similar to what the coaches do. I did last night and here is what I found. Lloyd was only in the game on 12 pass plays. 10 of those he was never even looked at, on 4 out of the 10 he had beaten his defender and was open. He was only thrown at twice, one it looked like he should have taken another step before jumping, but at no time did I see him quit going for the ball, so the no Heart comments are just ridiculous. On the othe pass his way he made a nice leaping catch for about a 4 yrd gain. On that play however Miami had 12 men on the field and we elected the penalty negating his receiption. On several running plays I saw him blocking at the point of attack as well as down field. Just watch the tape and be objective. Stop letting mediots that never even played football let alone WR tell you a guy is not stepping up. Because from what I saw it's really hard to step up when your thrown to only twice and one of those was a jump ball.

the catch wasn't entirely his fault, but no effort after wards was.

everyone needs to calm down with the "get rid of Lloyd" business, he's a waste,etc. and just relax.

the guy is good, and can definitely catch when thrown to. Yes, he needs to take advantage of opportunities when they come his way, but when you get the ball thrown to you only twice, and one of them is a interception, its gonna be tough.

all im saying is just let the season continue, let campbell work out the kinks, let the passing game get in a rhythm and let b.Lloyd get involved.

plus- you cant do much when ARE was on fire

Archived