Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd needs some heart (Your Lloyd Merge--hate/not-hate here)

kingarthur65

On the interception in the end zone where Lloyd whiffed, is it possible he cut inside when the route was meant to stay outside toward the end zone corner?

Absolutely not. That happened right in front of me. Lloyd flat out QUIT on the rout. That's the reason he had to make that lame leap in the first place. He's just lazy. That's all there is to it. That INT was 100 percent his fault.

I will reserve judgement of Lloyd until the end of the season. The person that really mystified me today was moss. He had a couple of catches, but he dropped a couple of passes that I thought he should have had. I am sure things will get better for next week. Bring on those Eagles!

Heyer played phenominal for a rookie tackle...

...Smoot played fine. He got beat on a couple, but played a good game overall against the Dolphins top receiver. Had he made that last interception you all would have his back...

...Rogers on the other hand was TERRIBLE. Not only was he bad, but he was bad against a receiver that isn't even good enough to start for the Redskins. The PI call was not a bad call. He had a hold of Chambers arm while the ball was in the air. That is a penalty...PERIOD. Dude needs to realize that his 3rd down penalties absolutely kill us. Rogers is a problem.

We got a W, but it wasn't pretty.

I am supremely confident that Campbell and Moss will bounce back (both played horribly today), but I am not so confident in Rogers. He got a hall pass this week against a sh1tty receiver...I am not so sure he will be that lucky every week.

On the play that was intercepted in the end zone Lloyd misstimed his jump and the ball went over his hands and caught by a miami defender. I could understand if he made an attempt at the ball and just came up short, but he compounded the problem by not running after the defender that now had the ball. If you saw the play, you probably noticed that he just gave up. This guy needs to step up and prove he deserves to play on this team.

Actually, the biggest mistake was that he quit on the route before the ball was ever thrown. That's why he had to play catch-up. He quit before it was thrown, blew the jump when it was thrown, and quit after it was intercepted. He spent all week telling everyone who would listen about this great dance he has planned for when he scores a TD and he can't even hustle out a routine route. Good grief.

Chambers ran alot of option routes which mean he can run a route based on the defenses weakness (run deep or something intermediate if theres a soft under zone hook/comeback), the dolphins also mixed in WR reverses and a check downs are a given if the coverage downfield is good. only 9 catches were made by WR the defense play a bend but dont break for the big play style which i aggree with not being so aggresive due to the offense not clicking so well

I went to Lloyd's website once. Seeing it, you get a sense of what he's all about: glitter, status, etc. He's a rapper at heart, not a football player.

We're stuck with him this year. Scuttle him end of year unless he improves dramatically, draft 2 WRs.

Shame on the front office for trading for this guy, and paying him like they did.

We could have EASILY found a WR in the 3rd or 4th round that could match his production.

On the play that was intercepted in the end zone Lloyd misstimed his jump and the ball went over his hands and caught by a miami defender. I could understand if he made an attempt at the ball and just came up short, but he compounded the problem by not running after the defender that now had the ball. If you saw the play, you probably noticed that he just gave up. This guy needs to step up and prove he deserves to play on this team.

I am starting to believe Lloyd and Arch are two of the main reasons why we were so bad last year. If we started Randle El from the beginning we might have had more wins.

If he does not try harder for the ball or make sure the other player will not get it he will not be on the field much. I wouldn't be surprised if Jason sent him a message by throwing the next ball at him high so he would get hit hard by the defener.

Lloyd is the highest priced water boy the NFL has ever seen. The fact that he moonlights as a receiver 10% of the time is a side note.

Seriously, you could stuff him with 30 pounds of Pork & Beans and this guy still couldn't produce a fart. Bottom line, Lloyd JUST DOESN'T PRODUCE.

Bench him, drop him, give him a gatorade cooler - it just doesn't matter. Whatever you do, just don't rely on him for production.

I'd say the pass to B loyd was 25% campbell mistake, 75% Loyd.

He didn't fight for it, try to bat it down, or body up to the defender.

Sorry, but I see it the other way around. The defender was covering deep and Campbell threw it way too long. Lloyd had to go full speed just to get there. The defender was in a much better position to catch the ball.

Fact is, Campbell didn't give him much of a chance to catch the ball. If threw it about 5 yards shorter, that's probably a TD. This is mostly on Campbell.

Jason

Archived