Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collins IS the #2 QB...

SantanaClaus89

The best thing that ever happened to Brunell is having to take Gibbs to the emergency room. That guy is serviceable, but damn is he expensive.

To his credit though, he's a team guy and has been an intrigual part in the Campbells progression as a QB.

iand winning us a playoff game.

I dont trust Collins at all, but then again, i dont trust Brunell either.

Why do you think Gibbs made a decision "with his brain" regarding Brunell but not regarding Bramlett? Wasn't he cut by the QB-starved Falcons as well? Maybe, just maybe, being younger than Brunell was the only thing he had over Brunell...

Maybe you're right, that Bramlett just wasn't good enough. I'm certainly not the expert. But I do think that having an inactive Brunell at #3 every week is an expensive insurance policy, with no angle for the future. We should be doing something more meaningful with our 3rd QB position. And the coaching staff should have planned accordingly.. that being said, its just the 3rd qb spot, so who realy gives a F***.

Yea, I'm fine with this move, Collins deserves after his play in the preseason. I like the fact that Brunell will be a "teacher". He led us to the "paloffs", broke a couple of records (yards/season by a redskin QB) and (most consecutive completions), I think he will bea good teacher for Campbell, and though Collins knows the Offense, Brunell may have a better understanding of Gibbs that he can relay to Collins.

And here's the double-edged sword for you Brunell haters.

So many of you claimed Gibbs' blind loyalty to Brunell is what kept him in. So many of you were quick to shoot down that MB was the starter in '05 because he looked better than Ramsey in preseason, claiming, again, it was blind loyalty and/or Christian faith that had MB starting in '05 over Ramsey.

So it looks like the team does go with the QB who looks best in preseason, and that there is no blind loyalty to Brunell. Thus meaning that Brunell earned his starting spot in '05, and did a good job which merited him keeping that job at the beginning of '06. Of course if you used logic, you'd have already recognized there is no silly faith/loyalty there because Brunell was benched in '06.

Also, how many of you haters, who are so glad now that Collins is number 2 and not Brunell, were bashing Collins previously and saying we needed to cut him? Hmmmm...

The best thing that ever happened to Brunell is having to take Gibbs to the emergency room. That guy is serviceable, but damn is he expensive.

To his credit though, he's a team guy and has been an intrigual part in the Campbells progression as a QB.

Darn straight. It's fun to see Campbell doing a lot of the things that Brunell does really well. Campbell doesn't throw many interceptions, and I believe he learned a lot from Brunell in that aspect. He knows that sometimes it's just best to throw it away and not take the risk. He also understands how bad an interception can hurt you, and that's why his completion percentage was so low last year (he threw the ball away from his receivers to avoid the defenders even more).

So many of you claimed Gibbs' blind loyalty to Brunell is what kept him in. So many of you were quick to shoot down that MB was the starter in '05 because he looked better than Ramsey in preseason, claiming, again, it was blind loyalty and/or Christian faith that had MB starting in '05 over Ramsey.

So it looks like the team does go with the QB who looks best in preseason, and that there is no blind loyalty to Brunell. Thus meaning that Brunell earned his starting spot in '05, and did a good job which merited him keeping that job at the beginning of '06. Of course if you used logic, you'd have already recognized there is no silly faith/loyalty there because Brunell was benched in '06.

Also, how many of you haters, who are so glad now that Collins is number 2 and not Brunell, were bashing Collins previously and saying we needed to cut him? Hmmmm...

But Brunell changed religion! That's why he's 3rd stringer now!

Gibbs has fallen out of love - the mancrush is over!

[insert ridiculous reason here]

Sorry MB, your time here was going to end sometime. I feel bad for Mark, but definitely feel it's high time. This move should have been made based on his performance last season. He is a class act, but he just couldn't adjust to everyone around him along with his age/decline in physical abilities.

Well maybe this will put to rest theories that Gibbs doesn't always go with the best option... and that he and Brunell have some sort of love-affair :rolleyes:

Not many coaches would be able to keep a $3 million 3rd stringer on the roster. Dan is giving Joe a lot of slack on this one (as well he should, don't get me wrong)

Officially Brunell wasn't Benched in'06 because of his play, as bad as it was. Gibbs sat him down after the season was unwinnable to see what Campbell could do. If it were because of Brunell's Play, he would have done it before game 9.

:2cents:

if bramlet was cut by atlanta too, why is gibbs dumb for letting him go?

Atlanta subsequently signed him to their practice squad. So if he is better than Jordan Palmer (and I don't know if he is but he did win the whole thing with NFL Europe), maybe we pulled the trigger on him too fast.:whoknows:

Archived