Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Cooley be a Redskin in 2008? Sign in here for your serving of Crow.

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would say they do it after final cuts too. Cooley will be all over Saunders offense this year and with every catch, the FO will hear the Cha-ching sound (Clarence gets his wings). Cooley wants to stay. His fiancee is a die-hard Skins fan and he bought his mom a house in the area. He expects to stay and the FO knows he is a fan favorite.

Dockery did not have the benefit of being a fan favorite or a vital part of Saunders' schemes.

Out-of-context thread?

:laugh:

Oh yea, and Cooley is staying in Washington.

there is nothing better then a good toilet humor joke! :laugh:

i believe that we will get the deal done before he comes up as a free agent. he is a Gibbs guy and he is just an all around talent and Snyder signs random FA's anyways so I just cant imagine him letting one of us go.:2cents:

I have to think they wouldn't let someone like Cooley go. He is almost a clone of the "Clint Didier" type of player Gibbs likes to use. As for Taylor, he is going to have to force the Skins hand before we should start worrying about him for as far as I know, he is still under contract for another few years

Why wouldn't he be? I know that we didn't resign smoot, but I would say that the way Cooley performs, he is in the top5 top 10 at his position. He is a proven comodity. No reason to think that he won't be here. Smoot on the other hand had a good year in his final contract, but was rather inconsistent in years following.

I don't think we'll let him go. That would be such a stupid decision. I wish we signed him already just so that no one has to worry about it anymore. He is a core redskin.

Well this FO is all about stupid decisions. The FO has consistently let players they drafted go, and then replace them with higher-priced, aging free agents. Snyder has no loyalty to any of his players at all.

Oh, that's rich. I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that :laugh:

Cooley has been underpaid every season he's been here. And he knows it... trust me. He's going to be looking for a HUGE pay day. And he's going to get it from someone. And there are a lot of teams with plenty of cap space.

Cooley would be stupid not to test the market next offseason.... considering the money that is out there right now.

My guess is Arizona. I think Ken Whisehunt would dig having a TE option :)

I don't know, they had Eric Edwards whose here now and then drafted Leonard Pope last year and Ben Patrick this year. I think they would have to completely fail for Cooley to go there. But you never know.

If it comes to it we will tag his butt.

Have to bump this one....

He will get signed or he will get the Franchise Anchor!!!!

Cooley won't do that... He is going to get paid.

So is Sean Taylor.... both of those guys deserve the money and will get their payday.

Keep the faith... it's real.

Archived