Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Cooley be a Redskin in 2008? Sign in here for your serving of Crow.

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

First off, you started with yet another insult. Nice.

Secondly, your response was to someone who said they didn't believe Cooley would test the free agent market for whatever reason. You were wrong, and all the guessing and assumptions in the world don't mean you know what was going on inside Cooley's head.

Then, you said Cooley would be stupid not to test the free agent market. You were called out on that as well.

Then, you said "My guess is Arizona. I think Ken Whisenhunt would dig having a TE option." Looks to me, again, like you were assuming Cooley wasn't going to get his pay day here, and that Arizona would be the one to do so. Later in the thread you also said Houston could grab him up as well.

You were wrong because Cooley never tested the market. You made fun of someone who believed Cooley would NOT test the market. You were wrong, and actually you owe that person an apology.

On to the rest:

So now that you've been proven wrong, and won't admit it, you are resorting to personal attacks? (Including what you said to Diesel above).

Again, you don't realize we can look at what you said before and tell that you were criticing the FO and making guesses about Cooley, eventhough you don't know him.

I explained why your post gave away your belief the FO wouldn't get it done with Cooley, and you either ignored that or you are the one who can't read.

I always think it's hilarious when newcomers are argumentative and don't bring anything to the table.... and think persistence wins an argument.

Dude, you're dense. Seriously dense. That's why you're always arguing at length in multiple threads. When you don't know who the sucker at the table is.... it's you -- it's not everyone else at the table.

My reply to the particular thread was actually proven correct. It's a shame that you didn't read any follow-up articles since Cooley signed.

He wrote: "Cooley is just not a money guy,he is a football player (plays the game because of the love for it)and if u look at all the interviews he always said he just wants to focus on football instead of getting the contract done"

I replied: "Oh, that's rich. I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that"

And since he signed the contract hours ago..... Cooley has been quoted say that the contract has been on his mind since last season. In fact, it's been on his mind SO MUCH, that in those same articles.... he was quoted as having gone directly to the coaches about his contract status.

Does that sound like a guy who plays for the "love of the game" and wants to focus on football instead of getting a contract done"?

Perhaps, if you're mentally retarded. And I'm not going to dismiss that possibility.

Was Cooley looking for a payday as I suggested? Yes. Again, 2nd highest paid TE in the NFL.

If Cooley had made it to Free Agency.... the demand for Cooley would have exceeded the contract the Skins gave him. And in that case.... do I believe that a team like the Cardinals would have outbid the Skins for his services? Yes.

So can I blame Cooley for not testing the market when the Redskins decided to pay him above market value? No, I cannot. I certainly wasn't expecting the Redskins FO to overpay him as such.

I don't think any team/FO would have a problem signing any player in the NFL if they offered the player to be the highest paid player at their position.

Was I assuming that the Redskins FO wouldn't sign Cooley when I suggested the Cardinals/Texans would have a need for Cooley?

No, I was suggested that if the Redskins weren't the team to offer Cooley his big payday.... that another team would -- and the teams that would be logical would be the Cards/Texans.

These are all logical explanations that are evident to all except those with learning disabilities.

So you're saying Cooley was paid to much in your opinion (earlier post you said it was "a little more coin than I would have liked". But in the Cooley thread at the top of the stadium you said you think he can equal Tony Gonzalez. An already top 10 TE with the potential to be the best, or 2nd best, doesn't deserve the money Cooley got?

Yes, I'm saying he's overpaid. That's been consistent. If you quick acting dumb you wouldn't be spoken to like a dumbass. All my points are cohesive.

Yes, he's overpaid. We paid him more money than I thought was fair. Do I think he can equal Tony Gonzales? Yes, if you design your offense around a particular player and give that player enough opportunities..... a lot of players can match Gonzalez's production (look at the Detroit WR who came out of nowhere and caught 100 balls last year). Most teams don't... and that includes the Redskins up until now.

So, the only way the Redskins can justify that contract they gave Cooley... is they begin to design the offense to give him more opportunities. They need to gameplan him more than they've done so for the past 3 years to justify that contract.

It's pretty straight forward..... you're just dense.

Looks like the FO proved you wrong.... does this change your stance on the FO any????

Hey they proved me wrong....which is what I wanted them to do in the first place, I'm glad the FO paid our "core" guys, our original draftees and clutch players.

Maybe just maybe.....the franchise is getting back to where we want it.

Glad Cooley is here for a long time coming. :cheers:

Glad I was wrong. :cheers:

And hopefully this poll and it's posts helped ;)

I'll be glad to eat crow and screaming Coooooooooooooooley for the next 7 years or so.

This time it was good to be wrong.

Yes, I'm saying he's overpaid. That's been consistent. If you quick acting dumb you wouldn't be spoken to like a dumbass. All my points are cohesive.

Yes, he's overpaid. We paid him more money than I thought was fair. Do I think he can equal Tony Gonzales? Yes, if you design your offense around a particular player and give that player enough opportunities..... a lot of players can match Gonzalez's production (look at the Detroit WR who came out of nowhere and caught 100 balls last year). Most teams don't... and that includes the Redskins up until now.

So, the only way the Redskins can justify that contract they gave Cooley... is they begin to design the offense to give him more opportunities. They need to gameplan him more than they've done so for the past 3 years to justify that contract.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You really think the Lions planned their offense around Mike Furrey? :rotflmao:

You realize where Al Saunders coached 2 years ago, right? You realize he's starting to use him more like Tony Gonzalez, right? More seam routes, deep crosses, etc.

Yes, if you design your offense around a particular player and give that player enough opportunities..... a lot of players can match Gonzalez's production

Atlanta's passing offense has basically been Crumpler and more Crumpler the past few years, and he has never sniffed Gonzo's production.

I always think it's hilarious when newcomers are argumentative and don't bring anything to the table.... and think persistence wins an argument.

Dude, you're dense. Seriously dense. That's why you're always arguing at length in multiple threads. When you don't know who the sucker at the table is.... it's you -- it's not everyone else at the table.

My reply to the particular thread was actually proven correct. It's a shame that you didn't read any follow-up articles since Cooley signed.

He wrote: "Cooley is just not a money guy,he is a football player (plays the game because of the love for it)and if u look at all the interviews he always said he just wants to focus on football instead of getting the contract done"

I replied: "Oh, that's rich. I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that"

And since he signed the contract hours ago..... Cooley has been quoted say that the contract has been on his mind since last season. In fact, it's been on his mind SO MUCH, that in those same articles.... he was quoted as having gone directly to the coaches about his contract status.

Does that sound like a guy who plays for the "love of the game" and wants to focus on football instead of getting a contract done"?

Perhaps, if you're mentally retarded. And I'm not going to dismiss that possibility.

Was Cooley looking for a payday as I suggested? Yes. Again, 2nd highest paid TE in the NFL.

If Cooley had made it to Free Agency.... the demand for Cooley would have exceeded the contract the Skins gave him. And in that case.... do I believe that a team like the Cardinals would have outbid the Skins for his services? Yes.

So can I blame Cooley for not testing the market when the Redskins decided to pay him above market value? No, I cannot. I certainly wasn't expecting the Redskins FO to overpay him as such.

I don't think any team/FO would have a problem signing any player in the NFL if they offered the player to be the highest paid player at their position.

Was I assuming that the Redskins FO wouldn't sign Cooley when I suggested the Cardinals/Texans would have a need for Cooley?

No, I was suggested that if the Redskins weren't the team to offer Cooley his big payday.... that another team would -- and the teams that would be logical would be the Cards/Texans.

These are all logical explanations that are evident to all except those with learning disabilities.

How do you know the contract being on Cooley's mind isn't because he was worried about possibly not being here? You don't know, which is why I said you don't know Cooley and all you are doing is guessing/assuming.

I'm dense? You are the one who can't admit when they are wrong. You are the one who has chosen to ignore everyhting I said and just make lame assumptions about my character.

So now I'm retarded? Dude, you need to chill out with the insults because they hurt your cause. Seeing as all you do is insult people when you respond them shows maybe you are the one who is dense and has difficulty with thought processes.

So you are claiming now that you never made a decision. Well, indecision doesn't make you right. In either case, you are eating crow whether or not you admit to it.

Maybe if you could actually express an opinion in correct grammar and clarity, this supposed confusion wouldn't be occurring.

So you listed teams you thought would be interested in Cooley, and you said Cooley would be stupid not to test the market. Your over-exaggeration there was showing you believed he would test the market, otherwise you wouldn't have stated Cooley would be stupid for not doing so. You then went on to say Arizone would pick him up if he tested the market. This means you believed we wouldn't re-sign Cooley. Just becuase you didn't say it in as many words doesn't mean you didn't mean it. You can keep throwing insults out and lame character judgments, it still won't change the fact you are wrong.

Pretty sad in most every post you respond to someone you have to throw out an insult to belittle them and make you think you are right. Have fun being wrong on this one.

Oh, and don't make stupid assumptions about me, and don't try and act like how long someone's been here as anything to do with this. Last time I checked, I've been here coming up on 2 years. That's not that new. Last time I checked, you were incapable of actually holding a civil argument with anybody, instead resorting to insults that usually are uncalled for. If you are really that insecure with yourself, then maybe you should seek therapy.

Glad they signed him early. I expected him to get lowballed like everybody else has and then more than likely test FA after the season.

Maybe Gibbs and Saunders pushed Snyder to actually offer him a real contract unlike Pierce, Dockery, etc.

yeah, maybe we should have outbid Buffalo for Dockery and paid him $60 mil, then we wouldn't have had enough to resign Cooley. :thumbsup:

I don't think Cooley is overpaid at all. You have to remember the cap goes up every year. And if Cooley had hit FA he would have gotten a lot more money from some desperate sucker. (see Derrick Dockery getting $50 Mil from Buffalo)

Great deal for both us and for Cooley. First Betts last year, now Cooley. We let Dockery go, but it looks like we are learning. Hopefully we continue to take his process more and avoid going after other team's FAs as much.

For the amount of pass attempts that a TE gets.... you still have to be a proficient blocker if you want to be a starter in the NFL.

Cooley is a decent blocker..... and he's got average speed. However, despite lacking superior physical qualities, he's still proven to be a good weapon for the team. Which has always been a little surprising to me.

I just read a quote from a Denver offensive coach after they signed Daniel Graham (to the largest contract given to a TE to date)... he said "he can catch 55 balls in this offense".

Now, to me, I dunno.... I don't think that's enough of an impact to warrant the contract he received. Especially considering his body of work to date.

For Cooley to warrant the type of contract he signed.... I'm hoping that he's going to be as prolific as Tony Gonzales. Do I think he can do it? Sure.

But now it's up to the coaches to get him involved. Because as far as I'm concerned.... if they value him that much then they better use him accordingly.

Diehard,

Good job again with the insults, truly pathetic, and desparate.

How can you say a player is overpaid if they have the potential to equal one of the best in the NFL at their position? You pay in part because of what a player has done, and in part because of what they could do. Cooley meets both of those.

So Saunders saying he is going to utilize Cooley a lot more, and Cooley saying he has the routes down now, and many in the media and here predicting Cooley to have a monster year this year doesn't make you think he will equal that production you speak of? Cooley's stats since he's been here don't show you the coaches are utilizing him more and more each year? I thought you said you keep up on the Cooley articles. I mean the way you talked I'd thought you were his agent.

And yes, you are pretty straightforward, when it comes to insulting people and deflecting arguments. You're a joke, and until you can actually respond without insulting, don't bother. All your insults and desperate claims you were misunderstood just show you are putting forth way to much effort, which in turn shows you know you were wrong, and are now just trying to cover. Nobody else on here had a problem admitting they were wrong.

When ever you're done crying, and can actually respond with some civility, then please feel free to actually counter argue the evidence I put forth, instead of posturing and making gross assumptions.

Glad they signed him early. I expected him to get lowballed like everybody else has and then more than likely test FA after the season.

Maybe Gibbs and Saunders pushed Snyder to actually offer him a real contract unlike Pierce, Dockery, etc.

Are you friggin kidding me? I keep hearing about how we have failed to sign our own but we do it just as much if not more than most. Who have we lowballed? Where is the never ending list of good players we haven't offered fair value? Antonio Pierce, that's it

1. Champ Bailey? Nope, we offered him a contract that would have made him the highest paid CB in history. He just didn't want to be here.

2. Fred Smoot? Nope, we offered him what he was worth. Minnesota overpaid and look what happened.

3. Derrick Dockery? Nope, we offered him what he was worth. He hit the friggin Adam Archuleta jackpot.

Anybody else of significance I am missing?

Now let's look at who we've taken care of:

1. Chris Samuels

2. Jon Jansen

3. Lavar Arrington

4. Ladell Betts

5. Chris Cooley

:laugh: "Laid down roots here", yeah I heard. But Cooley has to get the most money he can while he's able to.

Actually you know what, you are not the only Redskins fan to make that suggestion about ST. I know that maybe sacrileges to some on here but their are many people I've met up here that are Redskins fans and they feel the same way.

BTW, Happy B-lated Birthday I hope you enjoyed yourself. :helmet:

i enjoyed myself so much i didnt remember that post until now. which is nice because it makes me look like nostradamus. and i was HAMMERED. thanks for the b-day wishes. and thanks to the FO for doing the right thing.

When ever you're done crying, and can actually respond with some civility, then please feel free to actually counter argue the evidence I put forth, instead of posturing and making gross assumptions.

Who's crying about the insults? :laugh: Dude, quit tucking your genitals between your legs. It isn't very becoming.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You really think the Lions planned their offense around Mike Furrey? :rotflmao:

Atlanta's passing offense has basically been Crumpler and more Crumpler the past few years, and he has never sniffed Gonzo's production.

No, the Lions offense isn't planned around Furrey. The point being is.... if you give ANY player enough opportunities he's going to put up gaudy stats. And I'm saying given the contract that Cooley has been given... they sure as hell better plan on giving him as many opportunities to justify his contract.

Elkadungforbrains thinks Saunders' hearsay alone (talking about how he's going to get more opportunities) justifies the contract. Apparently, just telling people what you're going to do makes it a fact. I'm saying... let's just wait and see if they follow through...... and let's take it from there.

Of course, you just countered the point by admitting the Falcons offense has centered around their TE..... and yet they cannot match the same production.

So which is it Jaimie? Either the Redskins can match Gonzalez's numbers... justifying the contract? Or it's impossible, given Atlanta's inability.... meaning his contract isn't justified?

Redskins fans want to play both sides of the fence.....

Great deal for both us and for Cooley. First Betts last year, now Cooley. We let Dockery go, but it looks like we are learning. Hopefully we continue to take his process more and avoid going after other team's FAs as much.

Betts' contract was a good contract for the Washington Redskins. That much is true.

Dockery and a few offensive linemen signed some ridiculous contracts. That's true. And those contracts are going to come back and bite those teams in the ass. And there were a lot of teams that didn't jump into the FA pool and take the bait too.

Cooley's contract isn't a cap killer. And it's not the end of the world. A guy like Cooley probably should have gotten a $8-9M bonus.

But when it's not your cash.... what do you care right?

Betts' contract was a good contract for the Washington Redskins. That much is true.

Dockery and a few offensive linemen signed some ridiculous contracts. That's true. And those contracts are going to come back and bite those teams in the ass. And there were a lot of teams that didn't jump into the FA pool and take the bait too.

Cooley's contract isn't a cap killer. And it's not the end of the world. A guy like Cooley probably should have gotten a $8-9M bonus.

But when it's not your cash.... what do you care right?

Cooleys contract is really a steal when u look at it.

Whitten 5 years 29

Grahm 5 years 30 with 15

Cooley is better than both and has a longer contract.

Are you friggin kidding me? I keep hearing about how we have failed to sign our own but we do it just as much if not more than most. Who have we lowballed? Where is the never ending list of good players we haven't offered fair value? Antonio Pierce, that's it

Pierce, Smoot, Dockery, Clark. You say they offered Dockery what he was worth but wasn't he offered something like 12Mil for 4 years right before he became a FA? Pierce was supposedly offered a contract similar to what Barrow got(chump change) and they waited too long, same with Smoot.

Clark wanted a Mil a year, they prefered to throw a 10M signing bonus at a guy everybody knew couldn't play. The Eagles do it right, they get guys signed for low numbers.

My problem is only that they wait too long to resign guys and then lowball them. These guys see the 10-20M signing bonus thrown around in FA by the team and expect more than a low end offer.

They are doing it right lately though it seems. Betts and Cooley signed. Fletcher wasn't overpaid. I can't complain this year, they even replaced Dockery for cheap.

For the life of me, why anyone would continue to argue with some guy whose sig reads... "You can argue with me... but I gotta tell you. I don't give up easy. I've walked 2 marathons" is beyond me.

He's basically telling us just how arrogant and unrelenting in his own egotistical, selfish mentality of "I'm always right, end of story"; that it begs the questions as to why we'd keep responding to anything he says.

Elkabong, I got nothing against you, and I almost always find myself nodding my head when I read your posts... but forget this guy. He's not worth it, seriously. In the end, when all hope is lost, he'll tell you he created the website and no matter what you're just a noob without a clue. Forget it. Save your fair insight for those worthy of it.

Based on what? Todd Heaps contract? Winslows contract?

NFL contracts are like the dc area's home prices the last few years prior to the market collapsing. Every time you think a house sells for more than its worth, the next one sells for 50K higher.

Cooleys contract will look like a bargain a year or two from now.

Not sure why you are so hung up on $$$$. Draft picks are overpaid every year.

I know I know....salary cap.

The way our front office works, it doesn't matter. We purge bad contracts yearly which allows us never to hit salary cap hell. See archuletta.

Archived