Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Cooley be a Redskin in 2008? Sign in here for your serving of Crow.

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i honestly think he'll be gone. our front office is so stupid for not locking him up already. if he has a great season and is putting up great numbers come week 6 or 7, unless we offer him something that hes worth (like an actual GOOD contract) hes gonna test the market. this is a business and if thinks someone will pay him more money, hes outta here. and lets be honest, when was the last time we hooked up a homegrown talent?

It has been awhile but this season would be the best time to start. Gibbs has said CORE players are the key to a succesful team.. On offense Core players = S Moss, C portis, J Campbell C Samuels, and C Cooley IMO.. No way we make the tragic mistake of letting Coooooley go.

:dallasuck

There's no excuse for waiting. This **** doesn't get any cheaper in October. It needs to be done ASAP. We can't even risk losing this guy, he's too important to the team's present and future. Losing him would literally set our offense back 1-2 years as we'll have to upgrade our receiving corps AND replace our starting tight end.

I agree I have a feeling Cooley's deal will be done very soon. I think they put it off to make sure everything else was in place i.e. LG Kendall, and maybe a DE in the next week or 2..:2cents:

:cheers:

It has been awhile but this season would be the best time to start. Gibbs has said CORE players are the key to a succesful team.. On offense Core players = S Moss, C portis, J Campbell C Samuels, and C Cooley IMO.. No way we make the tragic mistake of letting Coooooley go.

i have no faith in this front office whatsoever when it comes to making sound football decisions. not resigning cooley would be one of the worst moves in the history of snyders tenure, but it wouldnt shock me at all to see him go. i worry taylor is going to leave as well at some point, our team doesnt like paying for its own players, and were all aware of that.

i doubt he wants to test the market,cooley is just not a money guy,he is a football player (plays the game because of the love for it)and if u look at all the interviews he always said he just wants to focus on football instead of getting the contract done

Oh, that's rich. I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that :laugh:

Cooley has been underpaid every season he's been here. And he knows it... trust me. He's going to be looking for a HUGE pay day. And he's going to get it from someone. And there are a lot of teams with plenty of cap space.

Cooley would be stupid not to test the market next offseason.... considering the money that is out there right now.

My guess is Arizona. I think Ken Whisehunt would dig having a TE option :)

Oh, that's rich. I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that :laugh:

Cooley has been underpaid every season he's been here. And he knows it... trust me. He's going to be looking for a HUGE pay day. And he's going to get it from someone. And there are a lot of teams with plenty of cap space.

Cooley would be stupid not to test the market next offseason.... considering the money that is out there right now.

or the eagles. its just painful to think about. hes most likely gone unless we actually pony up the dough, which we never do.

Wisenhunt has too much Cowher in him. He had a potentially great young TE in Heath Miller and never really exploited him in Pittsburgh. They do have the cap space, however.

Here is a team that might find him intriguing: Houston.

On a team with a bad line and QB who knows how to dump the ball to the TE, Cooley could be worshipped.

I would love to know what - if anything - the Redskins have offered. Money now is better than potential money, but the Redskins are infamous for low-balling their own Free Agents.

Wisenhunt has too much Cowher in him. He had a potentially great young TE in Heath Miller and never really exploited him in Pittsburgh. They do have the cap space' date=' however.

On a team with a bad line and QB who knows how to dump the ball to the TE, Cooley could be worshipped.[/quote']

Uh, the Cards? :) Lienart has 2 excellent deep threats already.... and James as the tailback. All they need is an underneath option.

The Cards are up-and-coming... new coaching staff... new stadium... great weather.... lots of cap space. I could see it.

Houston would be a logical choice too.

I think I've predicted the Cards as an "up and coming team" ever since Plummer arrived there. I am in total "Fool me once" mode with them.

Cooley would be a great weapon for them, of course. And he would be near ASU which has incredibly hot 20-year-old women.

But he also may be a luxury considering their other options. Wisenhunt and Grimm have that Steeler background. They may use every dime of cap space on guards and defensive tackles.

A lot of wishful thinkers on this board. We should've extended him LAST offseason. With just a year left on his contract, I don't doubt he's looking at the outcomes of Betts vs Dockery and realizing he can get a fortune elsewhere. He'll get a $15m signing bonus somewhere else, and everyone here will be ticked, but console themselves by the fact that <fill in team name here> gave superstar money to a guy who hasn't played in a pro-bowl yet.

We need to be extending contracts that have 2 years left on them if we want to keep prices reasonable.

Cooley's been my favorite of the new crop of Skins; it will be VERY depressing for me when he walks. :(

They will tag him, TE's are still pretty cheap to tag.

Here is a thought though, being that Cooley is a team player and a great guy. Is it too hard to consider that perhaps the deal is done already. WE have been spending money to try out other players, maybe it is possible the deal is worked out and he will sign after the final cuts are decided. To give the skins the money to bring in these players to try and find good depth and gems.

Just a thought.

They will tag him, TE's are still pretty cheap to tag.

Here is a thought though, being that Cooley is a team player and a great guy. Is it too hard to consider that perhaps the deal is done already. WE have been spending money to try out other players, maybe it is possible the deal is worked out and he will sign after the final cuts are decided. To give the skins the money to bring in these players to try and find good depth and gems.

Just a thought.

I think that is a thought. I also think that it will be done right after the final cuts so they know how much money they have to work with. I definitely think Cooley remains here. :2cents:

While I do not like to be a pessemist, we do not have the cap room to keep him. Just like Dockery, another team in desperate need of a great TE will beat us in a bid war and Cooley will go where the money is. I cant say I would blame him either.

While I do not like to be a pessemist, we do not have the cap room to keep him. Just like Dockery, another team in desperate need of a great TE will beat us in a bid war and Cooley will go where the money is. I cant say I would blame him either.

Unlike Dock, Cooley is worth a franchise tag. The team has more leverage with him. As for making room under the cap, you heard about the pending Portis trade, right?:D

Archived