Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Cooley be a Redskin in 2008? Sign in here for your serving of Crow.

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok,

We all know the deal: Cooley's a FA after this season and he's yet to be re-signed.

Most of us want him back.

Cooley has pretty much stated that he wants to continue to be a 'Skin

The team/coaches appear to want him back.

But again nothing by the FO.....

Is this going to be the typical "let our Core Redskins" go, or will the FO finally wise up and re-sign our homegrown talent (like they finally did with Betts last year)?

* While we're at it, it might not be a bad idea to re-sign Campbell and Taylor to long tem deals as well.*

Your thoughts

Things like this usually get done during the season. Althought I would hate to think that Cooley wants to test the market. If he is, I have this to say to him:

Cooley don't go! Snyder has the deepest pockets in the league. We'll make you and your many cheerleaders billionaires!

i doubt he wants to test the market,cooley is just not a money guy,he is a football player (plays the game because of the love for it)and if u look at all the interviews he always said he just wants to focus on football instead of getting the contract done but maybe he just said that because the camera's were in front of him,but i expect him to sign the :deal: by either right before the opener or right after we win the :1stplace:

I, sadly, said no as well.

Prove me wrong FO!!!!!!

That's right Vinny-- prove to me you can do your job b/c I'm not convinced you're very good at it.

That's right Mr. Snyder-- we know you got the $$$$ prove to me you can actually pay for a current Redskin.

That's right Coach-- we value "core" Redskins, we value character players and hard workers. Get this man re-signed.

I was kind of torn. The FO's record of past incompetence told me to say no, but then my unfailing hommerism kicked in and told me to say yes. So, I consulted my magic eight ball and it said..................YES! Seriously though, my gut tells me there's no way Gibbs will let our only legit tight end go.

He is the next Tony Gonzo.. I think it is good thing for him to not sign a contract extension just yet.. If he waits til mid season he could really rack up some $. I believe he is going to have an all pro season and it's going to start to show week 1! He is a CORE player he isn't going anywhere but to the bank to collect his dues.

i honestly think he'll be gone. our front office is so stupid for not locking him up already. if he has a great season and is putting up great numbers come week 6 or 7, unless we offer him something that hes worth (like an actual GOOD contract) hes gonna test the market. this is a business and if thinks someone will pay him more money, hes outta here. and lets be honest, when was the last time we hooked up a homegrown talent?

There's no excuse for waiting. This **** doesn't get any cheaper in October. It needs to be done ASAP. We can't even risk losing this guy, he's too important to the team's present and future. Losing him would literally set our offense back 1-2 years as we'll have to upgrade our receiving corps AND replace our starting tight end.

Archived