Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Cooley be a Redskin in 2008? Sign in here for your serving of Crow.

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted "NO"... and I hope I'm wrong, but it just seems to be our style.

We NEED Cooley, he is a beast, I don't think I've ever seen him get taken down after a catch by just one guy, it usually takes two... or three.

I hope he and Taylor stay for a very long time. :fingersx:

I think they will give him more then they should. The guy is great, but not top five in the league YET.

BTW, can somebody tell me who we let go, that was so great that our FO should continue to get bashed for doing it. Pierce we should have kept, but for what he got from the giants and we now have(starting and depth), who cares.

you may be right, God forbid. but on the other hand i think that Cooley has "laid" down roots here. understands the the Skins were the team that really blieved in him and the fact that this PARTICULAR issue hasnt been discussed in the media means that the issue is already resolved. at least in theory. Gibbs, Redskins football has always relied on a productive TE. as much as i H A T E to say it (and i am drunk because its my birthday) i think we let ST go before Cooley.

although thats not my wish, want or order of player i would neccessarily keep if it was a choice of one over the other.

i want the team as is. it may sound stupid but my little league team was together ( core, please forgive the term, players) for five years. by the end of our run we were undefeated and only had like 37 points scored on us in a 10 game season. continuity is crucial and thats what we have needed for a very long time

:laugh: "Laid down roots here", yeah I heard. But Cooley has to get the most money he can while he's able to.

Actually you know what, you are not the only Redskins fan to make that suggestion about ST. I know that maybe sacrileges to some on here but their are many people I've met up here that are Redskins fans and they feel the same way.

BTW, Happy B-lated Birthday I hope you enjoyed yourself. :helmet:

I must not be watching the same games as you. That guy may not be the the best blocking TE in the league, but he is by no means amongst the lower echelon of blocking TE's in the league. He IS as good as advertised. Plain and simple.

I would guess it's a matter of expectations. I look for blocking talent much more than pass catching talent in a Tight End. Basically they're a sixth (or possibly seventh) offensive lineman so far as I'm concerned.

In my mind/a perfect world I'd take the two Offensive Tackles with the best hands throw a number in the 80's on their backs and call them Tight Ends.

Cooley is a great receiving talent, but I really think he should be part of the WR corps because his blocking skills are nowhere near what I expect out of a TE.

I don't know if Gibbs actually ever referred to Salavea and Marshall as part of the "core group", but Cooley hasn't been banged up, nor has he slipped in performance, nor are there viable replacements for him. Salavea and Marshall slipped and had good replacements.

Marshall was considered core because he played well on STs and was versatile on D. Salave'a was a Williams core and I can't remember which game it was, I'm think it was during our 5 game march to the playoffs and after we won. Gibbs in the lockerroom gave Salave'a a kiss on the cheek and called him core. :helmet:

Archived